FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa {SYC}
Old Jan 11, 2011, 2:11 pm
Thunderroad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Notenut
Well according to one website, the island has no roads, just a small village inhabited by 150 humans who share it with 100,000 Aldabran giant tortoises. I don't know if the second number is a typo or not.
At any rate, not too many eating options off-resort, you'd be quite the captive. That situation sort of turns me off, but then again my last/only honeymoon was 34 years ago.
That 100,000 figure does sound like it can't be right--Sounds more like the makings of a mock horror movie, The Attack of the Giant Tortoises.

I share your concern about the lack of off-site eating options (with the on-site ones doubtless quite expensive), though if the resort includes complimentary breakfasts for HH Diamonds and Golds it becomes more appealing and affordable. That fits our eating schedule on tropical vacations anyway, in that we tend to eat a late breakfast and then one meal later in the day.