Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

List your Free car upgrades here (Outside of Ultimate Choice)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

List your Free car upgrades here (Outside of Ultimate Choice)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2015, 9:16 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
BNA
Five Star
Reserved: Manager's Special, one way rental to ATL
Received: Nissan Rogue Select AWD, 19,000 miles on odometer

Nothing special to report here- just a car with Georgia plates that seemed like it needed to be moved back to Georgia.

PHL
Five Star
Reserved: G
Received: Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4X4, 1200 miles on odometer

Nice car, but wish the thing had a back up camera.

Last edited by jchan2; Dec 2, 2015 at 9:22 am
Old Dec 2, 2015, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by jchan2
PHL
Five Star

I had the same upgrade at LAX recently. I can't remember the last time I drove an SUV that didn't have a back up camera. But the automatic rear door system was good.

I can also report a Ford Explorer upgrade from a standard booking at IAD this week. The Explorer does have a rear camera, but the image quality isn't great, and is useless in the rain.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 9:42 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by stimpy
I had the same upgrade at LAX recently. I can't remember the last time I drove an SUV that didn't have a back up camera.
I also had a Grand Cherokee as an upgrade recently, and also missed the backup camera. Then again, I try hard not to get SUVs.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
PHL
Five Star

That happened to me in Vegas earlier this year. Was not a fan of the cloth seats either. I went back to the booth and asked for something smaller (i.e., not an SUV, and was given a Cadillac CTS ^ She said she would have given me the ATS but couldn't since I am under 25.

-J.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 10:37 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
That happened to me in Vegas earlier this year. Was not a fan of the cloth seats either. I went back to the booth and asked for something smaller (i.e., not an SUV, and was given a Cadillac CTS ^ She said she would have given me the ATS but couldn't since I am under 25.

-J.
Was curious so hopped over to the Jeep website and to get a backup camera in the Grand Cherokee, I think you have to jump to a Limited model, which blows my mind that FCA lets the most popular Grand Cherokee trim (seemingly) ship without a backup camera even as an option.

I actually found the rest of the car completely fine, though as someone who does not daily drive an SUV, the added height took some getting used to, especially in long sweeping curves.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Was curious so hopped over to the Jeep website and to get a backup camera in the Grand Cherokee, I think you have to jump to a Limited model, which blows my mind that FCA lets the most popular Grand Cherokee trim (seemingly) ship without a backup camera even as an option.

I actually found the rest of the car completely fine, though as someone who does not daily drive an SUV, the added height took some getting used to, especially in long sweeping curves.
Don't get me wrong, I love the GC -- we had a 2000 or 2001 (I already forgot ) up until 2013, although that was the last and best generation of the vehicle when it was still the king of SUVs (with real 4WD and an 4L AMC straight-6 that could probably go a million miles and then some). No backup camera either (Although my friend has a 2010 with a Hemi, and that's a beast.)

The GC I was assigned in Vegas had cloth seats and a tiny screen, and I wasn't gonna have any of that on a PCAR booking

-J.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SRQ
PC
G (on points)
Yes: I - 2015 Chrysler 300
Requested Cadillac CTS or Buick LaCrosse
Accepted: H4 - 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLK350 ($25 upgrade)

Supposedly it had NeverLost... it didn't. Wonder if I can get some of that $25 back. I didn't feel like negotiating (I wanted to get to the beach!) but looking back I wish I had. I will admit though I was very, very happy with the car... I don't usually like German (other than Porsche) but this was really nice and good to drive.

-J.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 12:27 am

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle; SPG Lifetime Platinum; Hilton Honors Diamond
BCN (Barcelona)
Booked: W (BMW 1 Series, or similar)
Pres Circle
Received: Volvo V40 D3 Auto.

Paperwork says that this was a Group M, which makes it an upgrade. I rather assumed that I had got the "or similar", but it would appear not.

Filled it up mid rental, having just come down the main road through Andorra, which meant a lot of downhill, and the fuel range indicated an amazing 2000km now available on the tank. It was economical, but not quite that thrifty!
Old Dec 26, 2015, 5:35 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Jersey City HLE
Reserved: C
Received: Q4 2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited with 13,000 miles on the odometer, working XM, and NeverLost.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Dec 29, 2015 at 5:26 am
Old Dec 28, 2015, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
IAD
Plat
Reserved standard, given Dodge Journey.
I did not like this SUV and I was happy to be rid of it when it got a flat tire the next day. I was changed to a 4-Runner. The 4-Runner is a beast! I'm not sure if this is a high end model, but it seems much more powerful than the ones I've gotten overseas. Came with a free Neverlost and XM.

LYS
Plat
Reserved Compact
Given Mercedes E220 automatic
Great car, loaded with technology and a very smooth ride. I averaged over 100mph on the autoroute and returned the car in Paris. No one-way charges.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 8:13 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
NYC HLE
PC
Reserved: F
Got: F (2015 Altima S with 15k miles on it). It was the last F they had in (NYC HLE just before Xmas weekend, and Hertz sold out for the entire NYC area). They offered $50 to take an Intermediate, but I needed the space.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 4:07 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, IHG SA, National EE, Hertz PC, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
SRQ
PC
G (on points)
Yes: I - 2015 Chrysler 300
Requested Cadillac CTS or Buick LaCrosse
Accepted: H4 - 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLK350 ($25 upgrade)

Supposedly it had NeverLost... it didn't. Wonder if I can get some of that $25 back.
-J.

I wounder if it had GPS "built in"?
Old Dec 29, 2015, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aljacket
I wounder if it had GPS "built in"?
I thought about that too, but it either did not work, was not active, or I didn't have the patience to really figure it out

-J.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Accidentally made a reservation at PHX

PHX
PC
C4 (Cruze)
Yes: F - Kia Optima

Mobile swap to VW CC ($15), LaCrosse ($30), and Journey ($42). Glad I'm not going to Phoenix tonight. How far is stall L0025?

-J.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Dec 31, 2015 at 9:10 pm
Old Jan 1, 2016, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FLL
PC
C4
Yes: F6 - 2016 Toyota Camry LE with 583 miles

I asked for *anything* besides it (and was not about to take the Focus, Accent, Yaris, or Spark in Gold Choice). Suggested an Impala, offered the Camry. Suggested the Charger in GC, was explained how that is YF and thus would result in a higher rate Demanded the Cruze I booked -- offered the Camry.

I almost wonder if I should have taken the Impala LS that Avis offered me... pretty sure I made the right choice sticking with the Camry. But I was not a happy camper

Happy new year! I guess.

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.