Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

List your Free car upgrades here (Outside of Ultimate Choice)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

List your Free car upgrades here (Outside of Ultimate Choice)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2016, 9:29 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
You used to be able to... not being able to is new. I would have booked ICAR outright had I known this.

-J.
Really? I remember using Manager's Special at ORD a year or so ago, and not being able to use Gold Choice...
Old Mar 1, 2016, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by cestmoi123
Really? I remember using Manager's Special at ORD a year or so ago, and not being able to use Gold Choice...
From my own experience and from reading the experiences of others on here, it seems that it is (or maybe was) location dependent and even dependent on who you asked at a location.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 6:56 pm

LGA
PC
Booked: Full Size (F)
Assigned: Hyundai Accent (B)
Upgrade: Paid $75 a day for Escalade ESV-HPC

I'm a local who always rent the car here at this location and I feel like the service here is going down hill, as well as the pre-assigned cars. Don't expect to get the complimentary upgrade even if that car is available.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by Dreamliners
LGA
PC

I'm a local who always rent the car here at this location and I feel like the service here is going down hill, as well as the pre-assigned cars. Don't expect to get the complimentary upgrade even if that car is available.
You reserved F and paid for an upgrade since they assigned you a B car? I would have gone mad. Or would they have at least adjusted the rate to B?
Old Mar 2, 2016, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by at4behe1
You reserved F and paid for an upgrade since they assigned you a B car? I would have gone mad. Or would they have at least adjusted the rate to B?
Hertz LGA is apsolut mess. They are rude and disrespectful to their elite customers. You are basically trap at there location, leaving you no choice, to wait for the bus and go back to the airport terminals or to take possibly the oldest and dirtiest car they assign to PC And 5* members. Free Upgrades are non existent. If you see better car , they will try to charge you for upgrade.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by Dreamliners
LGA
PC

I'd have been very ticked off if they tried to downgrade me to a B from and F. That said, 5 Star or PC status doesn't include a complimentary upgrade from full sized.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by dragocen
Hertz LGA is apsolut mess. They are rude and disrespectful to their elite customers. You are basically trap at there location, leaving you no choice, to wait for the bus and go back to the airport terminals or to take possibly the oldest and dirtiest car they assign to PC And 5* members. Free Upgrades are non existent. If you see better car , they will try to charge you for upgrade.
They are pretty terrible. You're not entirely trapped, though, Avis is a 30 second walk away across the street.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 10:06 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
DUB
Premium SUV - Land Rover Discovery (Y)
None
Yes - Audi Q7 (Z6)
Old Mar 4, 2016, 3:15 pm

FLL
PC
Booked: (B)
Assigned: White 2016 Kia Soul 5080mi on the odometer, +XM
Upgrade: loaded 2015 Malibu LTZ 30.000mi on the odometer.

Soul had a 19 mpg avg. reporting on and the Malibu 25mpg.

$510/mo using vleex5 CDP fixed with a 10% off/monthly PC. Worth converting this to a multi month.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 3:48 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
LGA (one-way to JFK)
Reserved: F
Received: 2016 G Chevrolet Impala 2LT. Pennsylvania plates; 1,900 miles on the odometer. Needless to say, the XM/Sirius subscription was active. ^
Old Mar 7, 2016, 4:59 am

ORD
PC
Booked: F
Assigned: Charger (YF)
Received: Hyundai Tucson (Q4) with working XM

They offered me the GL450 (I wanted an SUV, had a couple of large items to move) for $30/day, but the Tucson met my needs nicely.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 12:27 pm

March 03, 2016
Germany, Regensburg, Straubinger Strasse, Corporate Location
5*
Reserved: M (Opel Mokka Automatic or similar)
Options: None
Upgrade: Technically yes, Peugeot 5008 (U6) 2.0 Diesel, factory NAV (one of the worst I ever expereinced)

March 07, 2016
Germany, Regensburg, Straubinger Strasse, Corporate Location
5*
Reserved: R (Seat Leon SW or similar)
Options: None
Upgrade: Technically yes, Ford Focus SW (G6) 1.0 EcoBoost, factory NAV
Just a 75 minute drive to the airport, engine may be Eco, but there was no bit of boost :-) Still, not a bad car.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by at4behe1
Upgrade: Technically yes, Ford Focus SW (G6) 1.0 EcoBoost, factory NAV
Just a 75 minute drive to the airport, engine may be Eco, but there was no bit of boost :-) Still, not a bad car.
A 3-cylinder 1.0L engine on a station wagon!? Driving onto the Autobahn must be similar to a Smart Fortwo.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 7:10 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
If it's the 125 hp version with a six-speed gearbox, it's pretty quick by the standards of an 'ordinary' European car - 0-60 in around 9 seconds, which is fine. The 100 hp version struggles in a Focus, although it's no worse than the old 1.6 engine.

Anyway, upgrades:

CWL (Cardiff, Wales) - Hertz licensee
Booked: C - Focus or similar
Allocated: K - Ford Kuga (Escape) 2.0 diesel - one year old, 15k miles, very good condition apart from a big dent in the rear corner and scratches on the passenger mirror. 150 hp, not much equipment - no parking sensors or backup camera, no auto wipers/lights, and no nav - at least it has cruise control! Drives nicely for a CUV too.

Last edited by Cymro; Mar 8, 2016 at 7:33 am
Old Mar 9, 2016, 12:59 am
AJO

Programs: BA | A3 | AFKL | Hertz | SPG | Avis
Rotterdam - Central Railway Station
Booked: reward booking for cat. D (Midsize sedan, Ford Mondeo or similar)
Received: V (Compact estate); Peugeot 308 SW Diesel

5 months old, already 20K km on the clock, but still pretty new. And very fuel efficient, I managed an average of 26 km's to the liter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.