Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

List your Free car upgrades here (Outside of Ultimate Choice)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

List your Free car upgrades here (Outside of Ultimate Choice)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2016, 2:18 am

- TPA
- Reserved: T6
- Received: Infiniti Q80 (prestige)

I called the night before pickup and asked if they knew which specific model I'd be getting and was told they didn't have any T6 on their lots at all and to try again in the morning. Nobody picked up the phone in the morning but I was pleasantly surprised upon arrival to find they upgraded me to the lovely Q80 with only 2k miles. Came with neverlost but is a bit of an eyesore when the vehicle already has built in navigation and bluetooth, but hey, comp upgrade to a Q80? I'm not complaning! The neverlost will make a nice jacket hanger.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 8:32 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
FLL
PC
C4
Yes: F6 - 2016 Toyota Camry LE with 583 miles

I asked for *anything* besides it

-J.
I'm slightly confused - what did they try to palm you off with if you ended up taking the Camry?
Old Jan 2, 2016, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Cymro
I'm slightly confused - what did they try to palm you off with if you ended up taking the Camry?
The same Camry. They weren't budging. I should have just asked for a manager who could give me the Charger.

...the Charger didn't have an upgrade fee on it. I should have just taken it!!! What was I thinking

-J.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 4:52 pm

Programs: Hertz Gold PC,Virgin Atlantic Silver,SAS Eurobonus Silver
hired class E (CCAR) Compact Automatic, which would have probably been a Kia Cee'd 1.6 CRDi but got class H (LDAR) Luxury Automatic in the shape of a Mercedes E220 BlueTEC SE. Knew my president circle membership would come in handy one day.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 6:08 am

Northampton
Reserved C - PC
Received F - Mercedes B180 Auto - This car was a bad omen! Reversed into a bus is what the stupidest thing I did with it! Was a 28 day rental so was quite lucky to get away with it

Manchester on a one way back to Northampton
Reserved D - PC
Received T6 - Volvo XC70 Auto - Fully loaded. Amazing car but heavy on fuel but fun to drive. Originally tried to get me to take same car i brought back, I refused of the damage, then gave me this.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by Dyfed Hitchings
hired class E (CCAR) Compact Automatic, which would have probably been a Kia Cee'd 1.6 CRDi but got class H (LDAR) Luxury Automatic in the shape of a Mercedes E220 BlueTEC SE. Knew my president circle membership would come in handy one day.
Nice catch, how long was the rental? this morning at drop off, the branch had a E group booking, they were going to put my XC70 on it which he said is classed as prestige but given duration he said has a day to think
Old Jan 4, 2016, 3:20 pm

You should stay away from B-Classes suley - didn't you scrape that black one when it was absolutely brand new?

I haven't had a car from Hertz since November (have had a Nissan March in Thailand and a Peugeot 308 from Avis in Gatwick) but I've got at least two, maybe three or four this month.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 4:10 am

Yep, I learnt my lesson, only ever damaged 2 cars and both were B-Casses.

At the min Hertz dont seem to have alot so alot of big car upgrades
Old Jan 5, 2016, 4:19 pm

Programs: Hertz Gold PC,Virgin Atlantic Silver,SAS Eurobonus Silver
Originally Posted by suley
Nice catch, how long was the rental? this morning at drop off, the branch had a E group booking, they were going to put my XC70 on it which he said is classed as prestige but given duration he said has a day to think
It was a Friday to Saturday and then Saturday to Wednesday (it worked out a lot cheaper then trying to book it from Friday to Wednesday...). Got it for one day, but it wasn't being used the rest of the weekend so I got it for the other 4 days. It was a nice upgrade.

I did have an XC70 (hired a 7 seater, got this from a one way hire from London Heathrow to Newcastle), it is a nice car, except when the main display decided to die down the A1(M), this was the LCD display that had the fuel and speedometer.. and they couldnt fix it at the roadside so had to drive 200 miles with my gps stuck to the dash with electrical tape so I could see what the speed could be.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by Dyfed Hitchings
It was a Friday to Saturday and then Saturday to Wednesday (it worked out a lot cheaper then trying to book it from Friday to Wednesday...). Got it for one day, but it wasn't being used the rest of the weekend so I got it for the other 4 days. It was a nice upgrade.

I did have an XC70 (hired a 7 seater, got this from a one way hire from London Heathrow to Newcastle), it is a nice car, except when the main display decided to die down the A1(M), this was the LCD display that had the fuel and speedometer.. and they couldnt fix it at the roadside so had to drive 200 miles with my gps stuck to the dash with electrical tape so I could see what the speed could be.
Well done! Thats odd the display failing, not sure why they did not swap you over as thats not legal if i am right. Not sure if the satnav / entertainment screen was working as you can get that to display your speed, just need to enable in options menu.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 1:21 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
LAS
PC
Booked: Intermediate (C)
Assigned: Chrysler 300 (I)

There was a Camaro Convertible in Gold Choice (the free area), so I took it. Once I got to the exit, the guy was very apologetic, said there was a "safety hold" on the car, which had apparently been put on after it was parked in Gold Choice. Saddened, I went back to the Gold Booth. They were apologetic, and said they'd find me something - I mentioned that the Mercedes SLK convertible (G6, in red, to boot) sitting there would do nicely. The rep said "it's yours," tapped a couple of keys, and said "ready to go, space XYZ!"

So, net/net, booked C, got G6.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:20 am

LHR
Reserved C - PC
Received M - Ford Galaxy - 2 years old, 38k miles, but clean

Swapped for something a little smaller - Toyota Avensis estate - complete with orange LED display, manual rear windows, and plastic wheel covers. All in all, the car feels old even though it's a 2015 with 10k miles - it reminds me of a late 90s car. It also struggles to top 40 mpg UK despite gentle motorway driving.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 5:53 pm

- Basel/Mulhouse airport (French side)
- C -- Renault Captur listed as what I would get - Gold Plus Five Star
- None
- P6 or P2(?) -- Mercedes C220 Automatic

Amazing car for £39 for three days. It was amazing on fuel as well (diesel). Drove about 250 miles through the Black Forest and only had to put €20 to fill it back up at cheap German prices. My four passengers commented how wonderfully smooth and quiet it was.

The women were so chilled out and funny at the Hertz desk, saying "Ohh, we 'ave a very nice surprise for you ..." before they dangled the key with the Mercedes logo ..!
Old Jan 11, 2016, 8:45 am
AJO

Programs: BA | A3 | AFKL | Hertz | SPG | Avis
Rotterdam, NL (city center)
Hertz #1 Gold (base level)
reserved: T (compact estate, Peugeot 208 SW or similar)
received: P6 (Toyota Auris Hybrid Touring Sports; from the "Hertz Green Collection")

Nice car, 4 months old and already 11.000 kms on the odo but still looking like new. Also had sat nav and rear view camera. Fuel economy was good, I drove 486 kms and it used just under 24 liters of petrol.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 2:22 am

FCO
Presidents Circle
Reserved: B - Fiat Panda or similar (didn't see any of these in the parking lot)
Offered: I? - Fiat 500L automatic
Swapped for: D - Alfa Romeo Giulietta with 18k km.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.