Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

List your Free car upgrades here (Outside of Ultimate Choice)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

List your Free car upgrades here (Outside of Ultimate Choice)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2016, 10:40 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
PC status here and this is admittedly a limited sample size, but I'm liking the service at MKE airport over the past few months:

Early November
Booked C
Received I - Loaded Buick Lacrosse

This Week
Booked F
Received P4 - 2015 Mercedes C300

I'll be taking a few trips to Milwaukee and will stick with Hertz there if this keeps up!
Old Feb 14, 2016, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
MCO
PC
R
Yes: YR - 2016 Chrysler Town & Country Touring Edition

1100 miles, active XM, and the Touring edition has Garmin sat nav! The design might be dated, but for a minivan it really doesn't get better than this -- I don't even mind that they're now calling it a YR ^

-J.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Feb 14, 2016 at 10:12 pm
Old Feb 15, 2016, 6:08 am

Germany, Regensburg, Straubinger Strasse, Corporate Location
5*
Reserved: M (Opel Mokka Automatic or similar)
Options: None
Upgrade: Yes, Ford Grand C-Max (U6) 2.0 Diesel, Automatic

Although I would wonder if would get a Grand C-Max compared to the regular group U which is "Mercedes-Benz Vito Automatic GPS or similar". The C-Max is not really comparable to a Vito in size and capacity.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 5:53 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
NYC HLE
PC
Reserved: F
Assigned: L (Toyota 4Runner)

I ended up taking a MB C-Class (P4) for $25/day extra instead. Car was a 2014 with 45k, but looked and drove beautifully. If odo had said 15k, I wouldn't have batted an eye.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 8:05 am

-MCO
-5*
-Reserved: C
-Assigned: Honda Civic (C)
-Upgrade: Yes (Gold choice), 2016 Jeep Renegade FWD

Car had a nice trim (Nothing fancy), 3,6K miles and had Sirius XM. Got a bit taking used to but loved driving it for 2 weeks.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 6:00 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
LHR
Reserved R - Renault Captur or similar
PC
Received W - Nissan Qashqai, with nav and cameras
The same applies to my last two rentals - on the first, which was for more miles, I swapped to a Renault Kadjar which was absolutely excellent, as it fixes the Qsahqai's biggest faults from my perspective.

It had the more eager 1.6 diesel engine (though turn off Eco Mode as it caps the revs at about 2k!), much less ponderous handling, and a much better interior. I couldn't stream music over Bluetooth though, even though it was fully loaded, and it was thirsty (but it was also 4-wheel-drive, which is unusual).
Old Feb 20, 2016, 3:20 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
LHR, one way to LCY
Reserved D6 - Nissan Leaf because it's cheap
PC
Received F3 - Skoda Octavia SE, with parking sensors, a 1.4 petrol engine (plenty of power - it's also the base engine in the new Audi A4) and 17 miles on the clock.

Actually broke traction really early, and I was surprised to get a brand new car (or maybe I was the second renter, but I doubt it) on a very cheap one-way.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
MCO
PC
A6 - Manager's Special
Assigned: nothing. Offered any color Nissan Versa.
Took: YB - 2016 Chevy Sonic LT hatchback (500 miles, active XM)

Manager's Special isn't eligible to use Gold Choice anymore (which was all minivans and Nissan Frontiers). I am done with this location... I have to do one more rental before I leave Orlando and I'm pretty sure it will be with Avis. Why is Hertz so stingy here??

-J.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Feb 21, 2016 at 5:43 pm
Old Feb 22, 2016, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
DEN

Plat
Booked standard
Received loaded 300

This car is just a step below the Cadillac XTS IMHO. Really nice.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 6:42 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
YYZ 21 Feb booked G
Received YH 2016 Chrysler 300C AWD with premium audio but no nav or drivers aids.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 6:32 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K (RIP VX), Hyatt Globalist, BonVoy Plat, National Exec
At Maui airport (OGG) I reserved a Mercedes C300 (prestige class) using points during a vacation.

They upgraded me automatically to a Mercedes C63 AMG (dream cars class). That thing was an absolute beast! 450+ hp. I didn't even have to talk to anyone, my name was matched up to the stall number and there she was.

I think what happened was the original C300 was a "reserve this exact model" type reservation, and they didn't have any C300s available so someone there put me in the C63.

No complaints here! So much fun!
Old Feb 26, 2016, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MCO
PC
C4
Offered FCAR or Midsize SUV, requested FCAR. Offered Jeep Compass
Yes: received FCAR - 2016 Ford Fusion SE EcoBoost (1600 miles, leather seats, active XM)

They are so tight on upgrades here. I begged for a Dodge Charger and they insisted because it's a YF they'd have to charge more. I wanted to argue the point but was under a time crunch. Gold Choice was pick-your-color Town & Country or Grand Caravan, a Nissan Quest, and a few Jeep Patriots.

Luckily, I think this will be my last rental at MCO for a while

-J.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
PHL

Plat
Reserved standard, offered Camry which I said no to, and they said Impala or for $35 more a Mercedes GLK. I decided to splurge on the Merc, but found the GLK to be pretty much the same as any other mid-sized SUV. Not worth the money IMHO.

Oh and this is the first airport I've been to where they don't do curbside delivery. I had to get on the bus which ended up being a 15 minute wait in the cold.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 4:18 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
MCO
PC
A6 - Manager's Special
Assigned: nothing. Offered any color Nissan Versa.
Took: YB - 2016 Chevy Sonic LT hatchback (500 miles, active XM)

Manager's Special isn't eligible to use Gold Choice anymore (which was all minivans and Nissan Frontiers).
The whole point of Manager's Special is that you're saying "I'll take pretty much anything you give me, so long as it's cheap." Allowing you to use Gold Choice pretty much defeats the purpose.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cestmoi123
The whole point of Manager's Special is that you're saying "I'll take pretty much anything you give me, so long as it's cheap." Allowing you to use Gold Choice pretty much defeats the purpose.
You used to be able to... not being able to is new. I would have booked ICAR outright had I known this.

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.