Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

List your Free car upgrades here (Outside of Ultimate Choice)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

List your Free car upgrades here (Outside of Ultimate Choice)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2015, 12:36 am

LAX
Reserved: ICAR
no Carfirmation, gold desk closed. Requested a paid upgrade to a CTS or something similar (specifically no 300s or LaCrosse) -- They didn't have much I was interested at the ~$40-$75 upgrade rate I was willing to pay for this trip

Requested: 2015 Sonata or Camry - Didn't have either :/ Offered me an Impala for $25/day, politely declined. I was ready to simply take an Elantra or Corolla and call it a night, but he printed me a contract for a relatively new (6k mile) Impala.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 6:09 am

Best ever so far

Regensburg, Germany, Straubinger Strasse, Corporate Location
5*
Reserved: Group M (Opel Mokka Automatic or similar)
Options: None
Upgrade: Oh yes, Mercedes-Benz S350 Bluetec (Diesel) 4Matic, Long Version, Group Z
Car was loaded with almost everything, from massage seats to rear entertainment system, except HUD (or maybe I didn't find it)

Decent highway driving resulted in 6,0l/100km over 745km (about 39mpg us)

Thanks, Hertz... :-))
Old Oct 9, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Get. Out.

(What does 'decent' mean in an Autobahn context? Keeping it below 200?)
Old Oct 9, 2015, 11:08 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by at4behe1
Best ever so far

Regensburg, Germany, Straubinger Strasse, Corporate Location
5*
Reserved: Group M (Opel Mokka Automatic or similar)
Options: None
Upgrade: Oh yes, Mercedes-Benz S350 Bluetec (Diesel) 4Matic, Long Version, Group Z
Car was loaded with almost everything, from massage seats to rear entertainment system, except HUD (or maybe I didn't find it)

Decent highway driving resulted in 6,0l/100km over 745km (about 39mpg us)

Thanks, Hertz... :-))
Ah, the S-class Long Version. Where, if you blindfold the person in the back seat, they would have no way to tell if the car was doing 230kph on the Autobahn or sitting in a parking lot.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Maui - reserved full size, received fully loaded Chrysler 300 (luxury)
HNL - reserved full size, received VW Tiguan, a mid size SUV.

In both cases, we were traveling with friends (& their luggage) and I was glad for the extra trunk space. It may not have all fit in a full size.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
SMF
PC
F
No - 2015 Chrysler 200 (F)
Requested Impala, rep said she'd check...
Rep suggested Mustang Convertible (W) for $40 (down from $80). I said $30, she said ok.

Got to the car, it wasn't a convertible...

W6 - 2015 Ford Mustang GT

-J.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 3:54 am

Manchester - Pres Circle
Reserved C - Ford Focus
Received X - Audi A4 Sline - Sky Blue

Nice to see its back!, had one of these all summer last year. Waiting for the 2015 variant to arrive, sat nav is in speedo area
Old Oct 13, 2015, 4:16 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle; SPG Lifetime Platinum; Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by suley
Manchester - Pres Circle
Reserved C - Ford Focus
Received X - Audi A4 Sline - Sky Blue

Nice to see its back!, had one of these all summer last year. Waiting for the 2015 variant to arrive, sat nav is in speedo area
The B9 generation of the Audi A4 goes on sale at the end of November. Details of the specs are on Audi's UK website now. I imagine Hertz will get them when they do the next major fleet refresh, which will probably be next March when the 16 plate cars are out.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 7:19 pm

JFK

5* . Reserved Full(F), Recived Camaro Coup V6 - engine, 32000 miles.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Red Scorpion
The B9 generation of the Audi A4 goes on sale at the end of November. Details of the specs are on Audi's UK website now. I imagine Hertz will get them when they do the next major fleet refresh, which will probably be next March when the 16 plate cars are out.
Nice, I guess they will also regroup from X group, just took a look at Audi site and noticed they got rid of the annoying audi media cable and now allow you to plug straight into a usb slot. Always annoys me that Audi's are the only premium brand which did not have a usb slot as standard and instead you had use a audi conversation cable which is usually missing from the car
Old Oct 14, 2015, 6:51 pm

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
I've had a decent year as PC, so far this year on F res:

YF-10
PCAR - 2

And these have all been fairly new with Sirius XM radio so I can't complain. However, out of a dozen rentals, I think one was actually in a PC parking spot. No big deal though, I need the exorcize (midnight in Jan. @ ORD is not OK though)
Old Oct 14, 2015, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Forgot to post from last Saturday, I had a reservation in Denver but canceled it a few hours before I got there (since I was going to Sacramento instead). But of course...

DEN
G
PC
No - Nissan Maxima (G)

-J.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by Cymro
Get. Out.

(What does 'decent' mean in an Autobahn context? Keeping it below 200?)
*g*

Well, since it was at night, raining, and basically just one line of trucks on the right (and sometimes middle or left) lane, it was at 120/130kph. Also included 45 minutes or so driving with 80kph behind a heavy load truck that couldn't be passed.

But still, being a car with 2045kg weight, AWD and a 3.0l V6, I think that's not too bad
Old Oct 23, 2015, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by suley
Nice, I guess they will also regroup from X group, just took a look at Audi site and noticed they got rid of the annoying audi media cable and now allow you to plug straight into a usb slot. Always annoys me that Audi's are the only premium brand which did not have a usb slot as standard and instead you had use a audi conversation cable which is usually missing from the car
Mercedes also uses the Media Connector cables, which I believe are actually interchangeable with Audi's.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

SMF
F
PC
Ish? F6 - Nissan Altima
Requested anything else. Offered Rav4, Camry, Jeep Patriot, Elantra
Received: F6 - 2015 Toyota Camry SE w/ NL

Haven't driven a Toyota since 2012 I think... still drives like junk but the SE is pretty well equipped. I was pleasantly surprised.

Also had a reservation in Sarasota that I cancelled but...

SRQ
G
PC
No - Chevrolet Impala

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.