Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

List your Free car upgrades here (Outside of Ultimate Choice)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

List your Free car upgrades here (Outside of Ultimate Choice)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2015, 9:00 am

Programs: Hertz 5*, United Gold (Soon to be gone), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by yemanlj
If i have booked an (Class E) vehicle - Auto Ford Focus or similar from Manchester (UK) airport. What type of vehicle will i be upgraded to as Gold Plus Rewards 5 Star. This will be a one way drop off to another UK airport.
I would expect to receive a Ford Focus or similar. Upgrades are sporadic at best under any circumstances. The fact that it is a one way drop off, I would be prepared for the worst (Class E) car they have that they want to get off their lot.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 9:56 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
While this is good advice, group E cars are rare in the fleet and there are good chances for an upgrade - but absolutely no entitlement.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 4:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Priority Club Gold, Herts Pres Circle
LCY - Pres Circle
Reserved C - Ford Focus
None
Received V - Jeep Cherokee LTD ME

Only 500 miles on the clock, nearly took a Merc E class but was £25 per day extra.

Last edited by MHendo84; Sep 18, 2015 at 4:47 pm
Old Sep 19, 2015, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by yemanlj
If i have booked an (Class E) vehicle - Auto Ford Focus or similar from Manchester (UK) airport. What type of vehicle will i be upgraded to as Gold Plus Rewards 5 Star. This will be a one way drop off to another UK airport.
Generally Manchester Airport does not have many E Groups if any, they will use a F group. They dont seem to have Kia's small one's, you will find they find a Skoda or VW Golf Auto. Since your 5* it depends if they have anything but dont count on anything big but i would say you will get something due to the car group booked.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
CLT
PC
G
Assigned: YF - 2015 Dodge Charger SE (12k miles, base spec)
Asked for a PCAR. Agent: uhh we're really tight today... I thought you'd like the Charger, it's cool! I asked for anything with leather seats. She said you sure it doesn't have it? Go check!

Ended up taking the Cruze LTZ RS next to it. Didn't realize it was a 2014 and had over 44,000 miles until I was at the gate. Drove fine but the AC smelled. Luckily I only needed the car for several hours. Definitely not impressed

-J.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 9:38 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle; SPG Lifetime Platinum; Hilton Honors Diamond
PHX
Presidents Circle
Booked: Q (small SUV)
Assigned: the behemoth of SUVs, an Infinti QX80, with Never Lost, XM....... and shares in an oil company!

PHX has been really tight on cars this week - had 2 rentals where I was given absolutely no choice at all (Tues and Weds evening0, but having now befriended Megan, who is the Manager there (and very friendly and helpful), I wonder if she made sure I got a nice upgrade as atonement?
Old Sep 21, 2015, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
CLT
PC
G
Assigned: YF - 2015 Dodge Charger SE (12k miles, base spec)
Asked for a PCAR. Agent: uhh we're really tight today... I thought you'd like the Charger, it's cool! I asked for anything with leather seats. She said you sure it doesn't have it? Go check!

Ended up taking the Cruze LTZ RS next to it. Didn't realize it was a 2014 and had over 44,000 miles until I was at the gate. Drove fine but the AC smelled. Luckily I only needed the car for several hours. Definitely not impressed
Update!

Did the post-rental survey while waiting for my flight on Saturday. Today, I brought my receipt to work so I could reference it in writing a complaint. But before I could... got an email from the CLT location manager (!) apologizing for the whole mess, saying I never should have been assigned the Charger, and next time I plan to rent there to email her and the city manager and they will personally make sure I get an upgrade.

Yikes. Guess the surveys really do make a difference! ^ But seriously, talk about going the extra mile.

(And I guess this means I have to go to CLT again sometime soon. Marvelous )

-J.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 6:07 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
BOS Sept 19
Booked F using a CDP free-day coupon (no G bookable)
Carfirmation notes an Altima (F6) (ugh) with a 10$ upgrade to a Charger (YF).
Booth says "Can't give you a Charger as that would be a double upgrade from your booked F."

Took Chevy Malibu (F) as I hate Altimas that much.

FWIW the lot was heaving with cars.

I miss National some days...
Old Sep 22, 2015, 6:59 am

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle; SPG Lifetime Platinum; Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Update!

Yikes. Guess the surveys really do make a difference! ^ But seriously, talk about going the extra mile.
I think they do.

I had a disappointment in PHX last week. Weds evening, short on cars. Went in the Gold Booth to ask if it might be possible to have something other than what was allocated. The one guy there barked at me: "We only deal with Gold customers in here" (I am a PC member). He then point blank refused to look to see if there was anything else available, and told me in no uncertain terms that if I did not like what was allocated, to go to Gold Choice. I duly filled in the survey, explaining in the comments why I was unhappy with the experience. Then at the weekend I happened to see the location manager, and she said that she had not only seen my comments, but tried to call me (she failed, as she could not dial internationally to my cell phone!)....... we talked about the incident, and without me even noticing what she was doing, she handed me a voucher for $100 off a future rental. She was really customer focused, and we had a good chat, I also have her email address, so i can send nice comments (for the other staff at PHX, some of whom I mentioned by name to her) as well.

So yes, the survey is visible to the branch and quickly, and they do read the comments.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
MLI
(C / ICAR)
Received Hyundai Santa Fe (L)

BOI
(C / ICAR)
Received Buick LaCrosse (I)

Two weeks in a row... If I get an upgrade next week I guess something I did made Hertz happy on the upgrades. If I don't I'll chalk it up to a random coincidence.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 2:27 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
403 Lafayette HLE (Manhattan)
Reserved: F
Received: I 2015 Chrysler 300C with 9,500 miles.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 1:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Cymro
LHR, Presidents' Circle
Booked C - Ford Focus or similar
Got M - Mazda CX3 automatic

Not sure that it belongs in the 'M' class but very happy with the upgrade. Great car.
Receipt actually said V3 on this - rented again this weekend and it was a similar story:

LHR, Presidents' Circle
Booked R - Compact - Renault Captur micro-SUV or similar
Got W - Mitsubishi Shogun - too big and thirsty for me so swapped into a CX3; I could also have had a Toyota Avensis (a sort of Corolla-Camry mix) or a Skoda Octavia.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 2:57 am

Manchester - Pres Circle
Reserved C - Ford Focus
None
Received E - Audi A3 Auto - Dam same car could net get rid of even if I wanted to, was the same one I had for last 3 weeks, swapped and was given a V - Jeep Cherokee LTD ME, 6K on clock, Very fuel hungry, A block of fuel went every 40 miles, Think I will cut my losses and swap again, dont think its worth the cost
Old Sep 28, 2015, 8:17 am

ORD
Reserved: Premium (Chevy Impala or similar)
Received: ...Chevy Impala

Other than the fact that the XM had expired (despite being listed as SAT: Y on the receipt), it was an enjoyable car to drive. It barely fit in the garage we normally park our 2013 Camry in, and it was a ..... to park on the street, but the massive trunk came in handy.

Picked up at 6:15 on Sat evening and the lot was almost picked clean, nothing in the upgrade-for-cash section and Gold Choice consisted of a Sonata and some sort of 4-door hatchback.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

SLC
PC
G
No - 2015 Chevrolet Impala LS (G)
Requested: Impala LTZ or LaCrosse
Assigned: 2015 Buick LaCrosse (12k miles w/ XM, which was expired but I easily had it reactivated)

This is my 4th or 5th LaCrosse this year, and now I kinda want one of my own

-J.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Sep 29, 2015 at 9:40 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.