Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Hawaiian Airlines A330" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 3, 2023, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
HA's official web page on the lie flats

24 aircraft converted: N360HA, N361HA, N370HA, N373HA, N374HA, N375HA, N378HA, N379HA, N380HA, N381HA, N382HA, N383HA, N384HA, N385HA, N386HA, N388HA, N389HA, N390HA, N391HA, N392HA, N393HA, N395HA, N396HA, N399HA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Hawaiian Airlines A330" thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2016, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by azj
As for the soft touches, all international flights now see the new blankets, pillows, serviceware, wine list, signature martini's etc... as of December 1st.
Thanks, that's great to hear. Are there mattress tops added as well (thought I had read that)?

For any who have flown this as a solo traveler, would you suggest 1/2B or 1/2C as it seems many complain about the window seater passing by.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 2:07 am

Personally I'd definitely go with a middle area seat so you don't have to deal with any crawling over.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by pesos
Personally I'd definitely go with a middle area seat so you don't have to deal with any crawling over.
Thanks! That's what I was thinking. I saw your review about probably preferring 1C instead of 2C. I'm 6'0, so it seems like the bulkhead would probably be a better choice, aye?
Old Dec 30, 2016, 3:09 am

No one should ever take 1c or 1d. Never, ever, ever, ever. Especially if they're on my flight.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 4:44 pm

Programs: HA Pualani Platinum, FPC Premier, HHonors Gold, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by WrightHI
I flew the new product NRT-HNL a few days ago and liked it quite a bit. While the seat components can't be adjusted individually, it wasn't hard to find a comfortable lounging position, and the takeoff/landing position was significantly better than some I've tried. I'm surprised by the comments about tightness in the shoulder area. I'm fairly broad and found the room just fine for both sitting and sleeping (and WAY better than the DL 763 on the trip over).
I actually did the exact opposite of you. Flew HA to NRT and DL back. I prefer the DL seats more so than HA. Single lie-flat seats and they're much more comfortable. I'm also fairly broad and I found that the head area of the HA seats when in lie-flat really doesn't have much space. I guess to each their own. But a big thumbs up for HA to finally get competitive.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA++
Which filghts in LAX-HNL route have the new premium cabin?

I am also looking at HA4 from HNL-LAX 1010PM. Does this have it?
Old Jan 5, 2017, 4:58 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Originally Posted by ssg10
Which filghts in LAX-HNL route have the new premium cabin?

I am also looking at HA4 from HNL-LAX 1010PM. Does this have it?
I don't believe they're promising the new seats on any west coast routes yet, but you can get an idea of what they think they're going to be flying by looking at the seat map. Old configuration has three rows of coach in the mini cabin behind first class. New has one row by the windows and two in the center section.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 5:17 pm
azj

Which filghts in LAX-HNL route have the new premium cabin? I am also looking at HA4 from HNL-LAX 1010PM. Does this have it?
As mentioned, no west coast cities at the moment are be promised the new configuration. Though in practice right now, both SFO's (OGG and HNL) and PDX are seeing them more often than not. JFK is the next promised route starting in February. As more planes are modified, more routes will see them on a dedicated basis. Stay tuned.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA++
Originally Posted by azj
As mentioned, no west coast cities at the moment are be promised the new configuration. Though in practice right now, both SFO's (OGG and HNL) and PDX are seeing them more often than not. JFK is the next promised route starting in February. As more planes are modified, more routes will see them on a dedicated basis. Stay tuned.
Got the clear answer from HA customer service:

Lie Flat seats are not yet sold on our flights to/from LAX.

LIE FLAT ROUTES BEING SOLD

Travel after December 5, 2016
•NRT
•AKL
•BNE

Travel after December 13, 2016
•SYD

Travel March 2017
•KIX - March 16, 2017 and beyond
•HND #1 - March 30, 2017 and beyond

Travel May 2017
•HND #2 - May 10, 2017 and beyond
Old Jan 13, 2017, 3:00 pm
azj

Got the clear answer from HA customer service:

Lie Flat seats are not yet sold on our flights to/from LAX.

LIE FLAT ROUTES BEING SOLD

Travel after December 5, 2016
•NRT
•AKL
•BNE

Travel after December 13, 2016
•SYD

Travel March 2017
•KIX - March 16, 2017 and beyond
•HND #1 - March 30, 2017 and beyond

Travel May 2017
•HND #2 - May 10, 2017 and beyond
I had previously given official guidance on SYD, AKL, BNE and NRT starting in December. JFK was announced at the Investor Day conference to start in February (next next plane for modifications goes to KPAE this weekend.) Great news on KIX and HND! With HND #2, this likely also means that HND-KOA will also see the new seats. Given this timeline, it sounds as if there will be a further 5 to 6 aircraft modified between now and the start of the summer season. Likely meaning, ICN and PEK will be converted in the fall, depending on how quickly the planes can get in and out of modifications.

As this happens, it's inevitable that westcoast cities will see these planes as well, due to aircraft routing. While not official, as evidenced by the seatmaps when booking a ticket, one can easily tell that it is very likely to see a lie flat airplane on their route. If your seatmap has the old F indicated, but the new Extra Comfort cabin indicated, it's highly probable your westcoast flight will see the new cabin. As I mentioned before more often than not, right now PDX and HNL/OGG-SFO are seeing the new cabins. When JFK starts getting them, I'll predict HNL-LAX flight 4 (redeye) will see them as well, with either Flight 1 or 3, not both seeing them on the return, due to tail routing leaving LAX. This is based on what is shown on the seatmap as well as typical tail routing we see today.

Last edited by azj; Jan 13, 2017 at 3:15 pm
Old Jan 14, 2017, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
The new seats are more comfortable because they lie flat, but overall, they are cheap looking and quite flimsy.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:33 pm

I flew on the A330 from SFO to OGG. I was hoping to take it from JFK but Hawaiian wasn't offering that route yet. For 80k award miles, I think it's worth it from JFK. I purposely sought out these seats and the info posted in this thread is correct, if you're looking to see which A330's will have the new lie-flats.

I had a window seat with a neighbor. Pretty good leg room in front of me. Ottoman is within reach while you're seated. You definitely don't have to worry about climbing over your neighbor when the seats are up. The space in between the ottoman and the backs of the rear seat is enough for aisle access without bothering your neighbor. If the neighbor is lying flat, unless they're short, you're gonna have to step over their feet. At least there's a wall you can hold onto to do so. As for seat orientation, you're pointed away from your neighbor.

No built-in IFE, they gave out iPads instead. iPads were response and big but the selection was pretty sparse.

I didn't really get to review the food since I passed out for half the flight and wasn't really hungry.

I didn't fly Hawaiian's first class before, and from the brief glances on previous flights, it looked like standard domestic first class, ie bunch of wide recliners. This is definitely a step up, although I would give the lying comfort to the American A321 transcon seats. We'll see how these compare to American's 777 from DFW-HNL. Does anyone know if United's running their new Polaris seats to Hawaii yet?

Unless you really like looking out the window, I'd go for the middle 2 seats next time. Here are some pictures
Attached Images    
Old Jan 17, 2017, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by caburrito
I flew on the A330 from SFO to OGG. I was hoping to take it from JFK but Hawaiian wasn't offering that route yet. For 80k award miles, I think it's worth it from JFK. I purposely sought out these seats and the info posted in this thread is correct, if you're looking to see which A330's will have the new lie-flats.

I had a window seat with a neighbor. Pretty good leg room in front of me. Ottoman is within reach while you're seated. You definitely don't have to worry about climbing over your neighbor when the seats are up. The space in between the ottoman and the backs of the rear seat is enough for aisle access without bothering your neighbor. If the neighbor is lying flat, unless they're short, you're gonna have to step over their feet. At least there's a wall you can hold onto to do so. As for seat orientation, you're pointed away from your neighbor.

No built-in IFE, they gave out iPads instead. iPads were response and big but the selection was pretty sparse.

I didn't really get to review the food since I passed out for half the flight and wasn't really hungry.

I didn't fly Hawaiian's first class before, and from the brief glances on previous flights, it looked like standard domestic first class, ie bunch of wide recliners. This is definitely a step up, although I would give the lying comfort to the American A321 transcon seats. We'll see how these compare to American's 777 from DFW-HNL. Does anyone know if United's running their new Polaris seats to Hawaii yet?

Unless you really like looking out the window, I'd go for the middle 2 seats next time. Here are some pictures
Thanks for the photos! Doesn't look half bad at all, especially for a domestic leg. As far as I know, United has received their first 777 with the Polaris seats, but it is not being used for service yet.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP
The new A330 seatmap has been added to SeatGuru.

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Ha...330-200_V2.php

I'm a bit confused about row 11 - for AB and HJ, it says "Standard & Bulkhead". Yet in the AB/HJ descriptions it says "This seat has extra legroom due to the lack of bulkhead between Business and Economy."

Also, for CDEG, it just says "Standard" implying no bulkhead. Is this really the case?
Old Jan 20, 2017, 10:46 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by Kumulani
The new A330 seatmap has been added to SeatGuru.

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Ha...330-200_V2.php
Thanks for posting. Does anyone know how the new seats give 2.5 inches of more width compared to the old seats? Is this seat truly wider? If so, what has less space?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.