Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Hawaiian Airlines A330" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 3, 2023, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
HA's official web page on the lie flats

24 aircraft converted: N360HA, N361HA, N370HA, N373HA, N374HA, N375HA, N378HA, N379HA, N380HA, N381HA, N382HA, N383HA, N384HA, N385HA, N386HA, N388HA, N389HA, N390HA, N391HA, N392HA, N393HA, N395HA, N396HA, N399HA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Hawaiian Airlines A330" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2017, 8:21 am
azj

Originally Posted by Kumulani
The new A330 seatmap has been added to SeatGuru.

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Ha...330-200_V2.php

I'm a bit confused about row 11 - for AB and HJ, it says "Standard & Bulkhead". Yet in the AB/HJ descriptions it says "This seat has extra legroom due to the lack of bulkhead between Business and Economy."

Also, for CDEG, it just says "Standard" implying no bulkhead. Is this really the case?
It's because Seatguru is wrong, as it often is. There is most definitely a bulkhead now between EC and the new lie flat cabin. It seems like Seatguru didn't bother to remove the verbiage that described the OLD cabin, where there indeed was no bulkhead between row 3 and the first row of EC.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 8:53 pm

Lie flat SFO - HNL

Originally Posted by WrightHI
I don't believe they're promising the new seats on any west coast routes yet, but you can get an idea of what they think they're going to be flying by looking at the seat map. Old configuration has three rows of coach in the mini cabin behind first class. New has one row by the windows and two in the center section.
Trying to get a handle on the new Hawaiian lie flat seats for a flight in December SFO to HNL...so if I find that the seat map has the single row by the window and two in the center behind 1st class is this the best confidence for selecting a lie flat? When I spoke with customer service (3 different times), they couldn't say for sure (or wouldn't promise anything). My wife has sciatica and really needs this option (pretty much a deal breaker without it). Any additional insight is very much appreciated, thanks!
Old Feb 15, 2017, 9:09 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; Bonvoy Silver; OneWorld Sapphire; Miss Traveling for Work
Originally Posted by Berlow13
My wife has sciatica and really needs this option (pretty much a deal breaker without it). Any additional insight is very much appreciated, thanks!
Unfortunately, they haven't promised anything west coast at all AFAIK, just speculation and hope and crunching long routes versus # of planes. Any flat beds will be a "delighter" rather than a promise. I believe United is running some of their 777s out of SFO with the new flatbeds.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by whjensen
Unfortunately, they haven't promised anything west coast at all AFAIK, just speculation and hope and crunching long routes versus # of planes. Any flat beds will be a "delighter" rather than a promise. I believe United is running some of their 777s out of SFO with the new flatbeds.

Thanks very much for the reply and suggestion for checking out UA, we will take a look for the 777.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Until April, there is no guarantee that the United 777 will have lie flats.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 11:08 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Trying to get a handle on the new Hawaiian lie flat seats for a flight in December SFO to HNL...so if I find that the seat map has the single row by the window and two in the center behind 1st class is this the best confidence for selecting a lie flat? When I spoke with customer service (3 different times), they couldn't say for sure (or wouldn't promise anything). My wife has sciatica and really needs this option (pretty much a deal breaker without it). Any additional insight is very much appreciated, thanks!
Welcome to FT!

Hope your wife and you have a great trip to Hawaii!
Old Feb 15, 2017, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by 747FC
Welcome to FT!

Hope your wife and you have a great trip to Hawaii!
Thanks!^

Thanks very much for the tip on UA 777

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Feb 22, 2017 at 4:57 am Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old Feb 15, 2017, 11:15 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Thanks very much for the tip on UA 777
You might want to check out this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l#post27915673
Old Feb 16, 2017, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by 747FC
You might want to check out this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l#post27915673
Very helpful, thanks
Old Feb 16, 2017, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
We are on SFO-OGG and it's the new lie-flat configuration. Omg so amazing.
Will the OGG-SFO flight have the same configuration?
Most important will any SFO/OGG flights have the old configuration? I just don't want to go back to the old configuration unless required. But of course the HA F experience is always a joy.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 11:15 am
azj

Originally Posted by gaobest
We are on SFO-OGG and it's the new lie-flat configuration. Omg so amazing.
Will the OGG-SFO flight have the same configuration?
Most important will any SFO/OGG flights have the old configuration? I just don't want to go back to the old configuration unless required. But of course the HA F experience is always a joy.
Unless there are one off irregular operations, the same plane that flies SFO-OGG, returns to SFO that same day. It seems that both SFO flights very regularly operate with the new lie flat configuration. I would suggest that your odds are good you'll get the lie flats on your return journey.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 11:21 am
azj

HA is only promising lie flats at the moment on several international routes and this week JFK. However, several domestic cities, including SFO have very consistently seen the new configuration since the roll out. By December 2017, the vast majority of the fleet will be reconfigured, so I'd say that SFO is very likely to see the new seats then, as they do now. At some point, I would imagine HA will make domestic guarantees for the new seat as they have for the international routes, as the fleet grows.

Yes, your analyzation of the seat map on the website is correct. If you look at an international city with the lie flat seats, you'll see the ExtraComfort section as you describe. Searching a domestic city and seeing the "old" F seats, but the new ExtraComfort configuration, is a very good indication your flight will see the new seats. This allows flexibility, just in case a last minute equipment swap takes place, the ExtraComfort section isn't overbooked.

FYI - Auckland, Brisbane, Sydney, Tokyo-Narita and JFK (this week) are now seeing the lie flat seats on a dedicated basis. Osaka and both Tokyo-Haneda flights will see the new seats by the end of May. Due to aircraft routing, PDX, OGG/HNL-SFO, LAX-OGG and on some HNL-LAX-HNL flights, often see the new seats, with more to follow as the fleet grows.

Hope that helps! Enjoy Hawaii.

Last edited by azj; Feb 16, 2017 at 11:35 am
Old Feb 22, 2017, 6:47 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Anybody have info on the 767 retirement schedule? Just wondering if there's a SCIH we'll get the A330 mid October SMF-HNL.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 6:57 pm

TPG has a JFK review of the new seats up:
https://thepointsguy.com/2017/02/haw...-first-review/
Old Feb 23, 2017, 12:32 am
azj

Originally Posted by joecool1885
Anybody have info on the 767 retirement schedule? Just wondering if there's a SCIH we'll get the A330 mid October SMF-HNL.
All 767s will be retired by the end of 2018. Next retirement is at the end of 2017. I'd guess there's some flexibility built into this plan, given the fact that HAL owns 4 of the remaining 8 767s and the initial delays to the 321neo arrival. As for SMF seeing the 330? I wouldn't hold your breath. SMF I'm guessing is a ripe candidate for the 321neo with flights to HNL and OGG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.