Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Hawaiian Airlines A330" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 3, 2023, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
HA's official web page on the lie flats

24 aircraft converted: N360HA, N361HA, N370HA, N373HA, N374HA, N375HA, N378HA, N379HA, N380HA, N381HA, N382HA, N383HA, N384HA, N385HA, N386HA, N388HA, N389HA, N390HA, N391HA, N392HA, N393HA, N395HA, N396HA, N399HA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Hawaiian Airlines A330" thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2016, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by azj
THe summer schedule ends on Monday. The next plane is scheduled to go to KPAE on Sunday to start the modification cycle for the rest of the year. No official word on when they'll start selling specific routes. I think the fleet will need to build a bit for they do that. The product enhancement and route announcements are supposed to be sometime this fall.
N396HA left Sunday as HAL8002 to KPAE.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 11:14 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by FBWFTW
It'll be a crapshoot for now to be honest. The plane hasn't been to SFO at all-only SEA, LAS, LAX and HNL/OGG. 99% of the time it's on LAX-OGG HA33/34. It's on it's way to Seattle right now as HA22.

Does your seatmap show a row and a half of extra comfort behind the 3 rows (18 seats) of F? If it does, you'll have the new config.

It is doubtful, but you've got a 1/23 chance for you since only N385HA has the new seats right now and they've been running LAX-OGG almost all the time doing testing/working out kinks.

Couple of things for you to keep a look out for before your flight:

-IF another plane gets the seats before your flight, it's almost guaranteed to be posted here.

-Use FlightAware on a web browser to look up the tail #
N385HA and see where the plane has flown to (will show a history back ~one month)
Here's a link: http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N385HA/history/80

-Use FlightRadar24 (app or browser)
again to look up the tail #N385HA to see where 'Manaiakalani' is on the day of your flight.

Good luck!
Maniakalani is now visiting SFO. This now explains why I opted to go out of OAK to OGG. The F seats were just a little to high on the nonstop out of SFO and OAK. However, the OAK-HNL-OGG in F was under 2K each when I snagged our seats. Got them at a lull apparently as the going price was 3K+ for a while. Then the price went back to that a couple days after I purchased ours.

Glad I opted to place a hold on the tixs too. Well work the holding fee for the savings.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 11:51 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Route announcements and sales of the new first class product has been pushed back to October per the HA website. "Sales for our Premium Cabin experience start in October 2016. Come back to see the progress, including route announcements, special luxury amenities, and more!"
Old Sep 14, 2016, 12:56 pm
azj

Originally Posted by Red Tail Fan
Route announcements and sales of the new first class product has been pushed back to October per the HA website. "Sales for our Premium Cabin experience start in October 2016. Come back to see the progress, including route announcements, special luxury amenities, and more!"
This has always been the plan.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 1:04 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by azj
Any idea of what kind of % price increase that will be charged once the new seats are installed?
Old Sep 14, 2016, 2:36 pm
azj

Originally Posted by 747FC
Any idea of what kind of % price increase that will be charged once the new seats are installed?
No idea... that's waaaaaay beyond my paygrade. Like all airline pricing, I would imagine supply and demand as well as what the competitors are offering/charging will play the main factors in what HAL charges.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by azj
My mistake, it must have been another Hawaiian Airlines website I looked at every day for the last 3 months or an employee of another Hawaiian Airlines I chatted with online about it.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 5:02 pm
azj

Originally Posted by Red Tail Fan
My mistake, it must have been another Hawaiian Airlines website I looked at every day for the last 3 months or an employee of another Hawaiian Airlines I chatted with online about it.
The website said either "later this year" or "in the fall." October is both of these.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 6:41 pm

Did The Happy Dance.😁

Originally Posted by FBWFTW
You're welcome! Glad I could share my AvGeek passion for a good cause!
Apologies to all in HNL 20 Sept. for my shrieks of delight walking to gate 17, for HA22. Saw the plane tail jutting out with the magic number, hubby and I high fived😀

A few thoughts on the new seats, I'm 5' hubby is over 6'& we sat in 1H & 1J.

My small floppy purse 7" x12" with tissues, glasses & a few other small things fit nicely into the magazine pouch opposite the seat. There was also a very small pouch for things on the foot rest. The foot rest itself was a tad too far for my short legs to reach while in the upright position, okay for hubby. Seat padding very comfortable both upright & flat. Seat is easy to manipulate.

There us a pull up screen between the seats.

IPad slots into a frame stored in the middle of the seat. As mentioned earlier, a design fault means the IPad can turn off as the frame is up against the on/off switch but the attendants gave out cardboard stands as needed.

Both of us felt we had lots of space around us.

Crew mentioned that tweeks in the configuration were in the works including minor changes to the seat padding.

Definitely a nice product.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 8:15 pm

http://mauinow.com/2016/10/05/hawaii...a-new-zealand/

Does this mean the seats won't be on the HNL-HND flights? doh.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 9:28 pm
azj

Originally Posted by pesos
http://mauinow.com/2016/10/05/hawaii...a-new-zealand/

Does this mean the seats won't be on the HNL-HND flights? doh.
Initially... no. But as the fleet count grows with the new seats, they'll eventually end up on HND.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 2:08 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA, UA
Anyone recently take HA445 (HNL > AKL) in first? I have a flight coming up in January and hope that it's in the newly redesigned cabin
Old Oct 16, 2016, 4:02 pm
azj

Originally Posted by nakataboi
Anyone recently take HA445 (HNL > AKL) in first? I have a flight coming up in January and hope that it's in the newly redesigned cabin
Starting in December, AKL will indeed see the new lie flat seats and the other new additions to the product (linens, serviceware, amenity kits).
Old Oct 16, 2016, 4:18 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA, UA
Originally Posted by azj
Starting in December, AKL will indeed see the new lie flat seats and the other new additions to the product (linens, serviceware, amenity kits).
great to hear! Thanks for the confirmation
Old Oct 17, 2016, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA, HA
Does anyone have an more current lie-flat roll out schedule? (by route? by total number of jets? other?) I see "December" quoted from 2nd Quarter posts, but not much more than that.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.