Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Hawaiian Airlines A330" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 3, 2023, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
HA's official web page on the lie flats

24 aircraft converted: N360HA, N361HA, N370HA, N373HA, N374HA, N375HA, N378HA, N379HA, N380HA, N381HA, N382HA, N383HA, N384HA, N385HA, N386HA, N388HA, N389HA, N390HA, N391HA, N392HA, N393HA, N395HA, N396HA, N399HA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Hawaiian Airlines A330" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2016, 2:43 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pesos
The one converted plane (so far) is being tested on ogg-lax for the summer is what I gleaned from the others posting on this thread - the seat selection when I booked bore that out as it shows the new configuration...
Are there now 2 planes with the new cabin? On the HA website, it shows both non-stops LAX-OGG (flights 33 and 55) as having the new 18 seat layout.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 2:53 pm
azj

Originally Posted by 9volt
Are there now 2 planes with the new cabin? On the HA website, it shows both non-stops LAX-OGG (flights 33 and 55) as having the new 18 seat layout.
No, there's only 1 plane in the new configuration. The way to tell the new configuration by the seatmap is to look at the Extra comfort section behind F. If there's only 12 seats, that's the new configuration whereas the old one has 24. The F cabin on the seatmap will look the same between both configurations because the layout is still 18 seats.

Last edited by azj; Jun 8, 2016 at 3:03 pm
Old Jun 29, 2016, 12:16 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; Bonvoy Silver; OneWorld Sapphire; Miss Traveling for Work
I know these are flying on the early flight tomorrow (if they're not already flying!). Any of our LAX friends flying?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum 3.2 MM, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
New configuration on HA 1048

I had the opportunity to fly in the new configuration in the wee hours of June 19th. The flight was supposed to be the June 18th 10 PM HNL-OAK, but went mechanical and was rescheduled for 4:50 AM on the 19th. The good news was that the plane they substituted was the newly configured A332. Overall it is a nice improvement from where the F seating is today. Here are some thoughts on the new F seats:
-The bins are very high. There is a small step up on the bottom of the seat surround, but I still had to help people get their carry on in the bin since they couldn’t reach.
-You can't adjust different sections of the seat individually (back, feet, etc.). There is just a scroll wheel to adjust the whole seat as one unit.
-There is very little storage. Just one small magazine pocket, a small net on the footrest and a small net on the side of the seat under the armrest.
-When the tray table is out, the controls are really hard to reach.
-I was in the bulkhead seat and it has a bit less room than the other rows. I’m 6 foot 1 and my feet hit the wall when fully flat. I tried another row and it was fine.
-There is an arm that swings out to hold one of the newer 12.9 inch iPads (nice touch). The iPad is just held in by a spring clip which is not very secure. I heard several of the iPads tumble during the flight as people moved or got up. The arm isn’t adjustable either.
- The space between the foot rest and the seat in front is really clever and seemed to work well for the window person to be able to get out without bothering the isle person.
-The seat foam was very comfortable in just about any position you put the seat in.
_the best part………that new plane smell!

I've attached a couple of (not very good) pictures of the seat, the controls and the iPads in the holders. I know this sounds like a list of gripes, but the new product is a good improvement over what is available on HA today.
Attached Images    
Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:10 am

Nice review, thanks for the photos!

Do you think the bulkhead window pax will disturb the bulkhead aisle pax when getting up?

Ooopppss, sorry didn't read that slowly enough, fixated on the pics!!

Last edited by tdowl5757; Jun 30, 2016 at 10:51 am
Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:22 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum 3.2 MM, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
No, there is the space between the foot rest and bulkhead on the window pairs, just not the center pairs.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Anyone tried Extra Comfort in the new cabin? I wonder if Row 11 will still be the "sweet spot" - or maybe now that there's a bulkhead there, a better choice would be elsewhere?
Old Jul 14, 2016, 10:10 pm

Finally had a few minutes to put together a quick trip report on the new test plane:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...ian-first.html

Last edited by pesos; Jul 18, 2016 at 7:28 pm
Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:20 pm

Programs: American Airlines, Alaska Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, Southwest
On the Hawaiian Airlines web site they indicate updated pricing will show up in September.

Originally Posted by Troopers
Does anyone know of F pricing has increased on the LAX-OGG route? I'm fly out of the SFO or OAK so not familiar with historically pricing.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 7:29 pm

Sorry just realized I had mangled the trip report link.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...ian-first.html
Old Jul 18, 2016, 9:19 pm

Looking to fly JFK to HNL next summer. What are the odds this route will have the new seating by then. Thanks.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 1:58 pm
azj

Originally Posted by gogiantsfan11
Looking to fly JFK to HNL next summer. What are the odds this route will have the new seating by then. Thanks.
HAL will be announcing further product enhancements that will complete this new product roll out of the lie flat seats. In addition, they'll be announcing the initial routes with the new cabins. I'd be shocked if JFK wasn't among the first dedicated routes to see the new cabins. Starting in September 5-6 more planes will enter refurbishing for completion by the end of the year. The remaining planes will be refurbished throughout 2017.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 12:47 am

Programs: AA-EXP Hilton Honors-PLT Admirals Club
Any update on the 332 being upgrade on the HND/HNL route? Looking at booking tickets for april 2017.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 8:48 am

Sfo->ogg ha41

Any idea when this flight gets it's new seat config?

I'm flying on September 2...
Old Aug 23, 2016, 8:13 pm

Programs: TrueBlue/Hawaiian Miles
Originally Posted by Clifford31
Any idea when this flight gets it's new seat config?

I'm flying on September 2...
It'll be a crapshoot for now to be honest. The plane hasn't been to SFO at all-only SEA, LAS, LAX and HNL/OGG. 99% of the time it's on LAX-OGG HA33/34. It's on it's way to Seattle right now as HA22.

Does your seatmap show a row and a half of extra comfort behind the 3 rows (18 seats) of F? If it does, you'll have the new config.

It is doubtful, but you've got a 1/23 chance for you since only N385HA has the new seats right now and they've been running LAX-OGG almost all the time doing testing/working out kinks.

Couple of things for you to keep a look out for before your flight:

-IF another plane gets the seats before your flight, it's almost guaranteed to be posted here.

-Use FlightAware on a web browser to look up the tail #
N385HA and see where the plane has flown to (will show a history back ~one month)
Here's a link: http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N385HA/history/80

-Use FlightRadar24 (app or browser)
again to look up the tail #N385HA to see where 'Manaiakalani' is on the day of your flight.

Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.