Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Hawaiian Airlines A330" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 3, 2023, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
HA's official web page on the lie flats

24 aircraft converted: N360HA, N361HA, N370HA, N373HA, N374HA, N375HA, N378HA, N379HA, N380HA, N381HA, N382HA, N383HA, N384HA, N385HA, N386HA, N388HA, N389HA, N390HA, N391HA, N392HA, N393HA, N395HA, N396HA, N399HA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Hawaiian Airlines A330" thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:03 am

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by navatwal
Does PPT have the new Lie Flats? If not are there any plans to deploy?
Its rumoured PPT will end up seeing the A321 NEO as HAL could add an additional weekly frequency to make up for the lost capacity. HNL-PPT is only operated Saturdays. Similar situation for twice weekly HNL-PPG. More likely it'll end up as thrice weekly than see the A330-200 when the 767s are parked next year.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 10:26 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP; Hawaiian Miles; WN Rapid Rewards A list
Originally Posted by 01spirit750
Flew SFO to OGG on 4/17 and returned home on 4/21. Both flights had the new first class configuration. We had upgraded to First for the flight home on 4/21. I forgot to check the plane numbers.

The new first class lie flat configuration was awesome. Normally we fly out of SJC but it was worth the drive to SFO.

From reading here, I am guessing the SJC will get the Airbus NEO so they will not have the lie flat seats. Sure makes the drive to SFO worth it.
I'm flying SFO to OGG Flights 41/42 outbound 5/14 return 5/21. HA Website is showing confirmed lie flat seats on both flights. Crossing my fingers.
Old May 2, 2017, 7:37 am

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
N373HA has taken N384HA's place at KPAE for cabin conversion. Just eight planes left in the old configuration.
Old May 2, 2017, 12:19 pm
azj

373 I'm predicting will be the last one until after the summer rush. The summer schedule starts just before Memorial Day, making this timing perfect and allows for PEK to see dedicated lie flats at the end of May. This will allow all international destinations except for ICN to be served with the new cabins. Interestingly, PPT appears to be lumped into the same "possible lie flat" scenario that many of the domestic cities are in. The seatmap shows the smaller Extra Comfort cabin just after the premium cabin, which is an indicator that lie flats are a possibility.

So to recap which planes (14) are in the new configuration as of May 1st...

370, 374, 379, 380, 381, 382, 384, 385, 386, 388, 389, 395, 396 and 399.
Old May 2, 2017, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by azj
373 I'm predicting will be the last one until after the summer rush. The summer schedule starts just before Memorial Day, making this timing perfect and allows for PEK to see dedicated lie flats at the end of May. This will allow all international destinations except for ICN to be served with the new cabins. Interestingly, PPT appears to be lumped into the same "possible lie flat" scenario that many of the domestic cities are in. The seatmap shows the smaller Extra Comfort cabin just after the premium cabin, which is an indicator that lie flats are a possibility.

So to recap which planes (14) are in the new configuration as of May 1st...

370, 374, 379, 380, 381, 382, 384, 385, 386, 388, 389, 395, 396 and 399.
Since conversions take somewhere between 10-12 days, its possible one more A330-200 will be converted before the summer allowing the possibility all international A330-200 flights plus HNL-JFK will see the converted cabins for the summer season. Not sure when HAL will resume cabin conversions but its pretty safe to assume by the time the A321 NEO enters commercial service, all or almost all of the A330-200s will have been converted.
Old May 2, 2017, 1:15 pm
azj

Originally Posted by Longboater
Since conversions take somewhere between 10-12 days, its possible one more A330-200 will be converted before the summer allowing the possibility all international A330-200 flights plus HNL-JFK will see the converted cabins for the summer season. Not sure when HAL will resume cabin conversions but its pretty safe to assume by the time the A321 NEO enters commercial service, all or almost all of the A330-200s will have been converted.
Perhaps one more... but ICN is not scheduled to see the lie flats until the fall. So based on that, by June, we should expect all international destinations to see dedicated lie flat seats, except ICN. PPT seems to be a "high probability" route, like many domestic flights. For domestic flights: JFK and HNL/OGG-SFO see dedicated lie flat cabins. "High probability" for the following flights: HNL/OGG-SEA, HNL-PDX, HNL-LAS-HNL (Flights 6/5), HNL-LAX-HNL (Flights 2/3 and 4/1) and the summer seasonal 3/wk KOA-LAX-KOA (Flights 62/61).

Conversions will likely resume in the September time period when the fall schedule starts. Presumably the next (and last) A330-200 to be delivered this fall will come with the new cabins. Indeed, if the 321neo delivery schedule holds, they'll enter revenue service in early 2018, right around the time the lie-flat conversions are complete. Then likely... the repaint process begins! We'll have to then have a "which HA planes are sporting the new "lei" livery thread!

Last edited by azj; May 2, 2017 at 1:26 pm
Old May 2, 2017, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by azj
Perhaps one more... but ICN is not scheduled to see the lie flats until the fall. So based on that, by June, we should expect all international destinations to see dedicated lie flat seats, except ICN. PPT seems to be a "high probability" route, like many domestic flights. For domestic flights: JFK and HNL/OGG-SFO see dedicated lie flat cabins. "High probability" for the following flights: HNL/OGG-SEA, HNL-PDX, HNL-LAS-HNL (Flights 6/5), HNL-LAX-HNL (Flights 2/3 and 4/1) and the summer seasonal 3/wk KOA-LAX-KOA (Flights 62/61).

Conversions will likely resume in the September time period when the fall schedule starts. Presumably the next (and last) A330-200 to be delivered this fall will come with the new cabins. Indeed, if the 321neo delivery schedule holds, they'll enter revenue service in early 2018, right around the time the lie-flat conversions are complete. Then likely... the repaint process begins! We'll have to then have a "which HA planes are sporting the new "lei" livery thread!
Well with the new livery, that will have a schedule of its own. I assume the priority is finishing A330-200 cabin conversions before the A330-200 repainting commences. Repainting a A330-200 will take roughly the same amount of time as the cabin modifications at KPAE. I'd have to figure the final A330-200 will be delivered with the new cabin and new livery. I'll be interested to see how HAL repaints the other 19 717s. I guess they'll need to ferry them off to VCV. The A321 NEOs should be delivered with the new livery and the seven 767-300ERs will not see the new livery as they will be retired next year.
Old May 2, 2017, 3:42 pm
azj

Originally Posted by Longboater
Well with the new livery, that will have a schedule of its own. I assume the priority is finishing A330-200 cabin conversions before the A330-200 repainting commences. Repainting a A330-200 will take roughly the same amount of time as the cabin modifications at KPAE. I'd have to figure the final A330-200 will be delivered with the new cabin and new livery. I'll be interested to see how HAL repaints the other 19 717s. I guess they'll need to ferry them off to VCV. The A321 NEOs should be delivered with the new livery and the seven 767-300ERs will not see the new livery as they will be retired next year.
Of course, lie flat mods will take priority. The cabins are revenue generators, whereas paint is not, so I suspect HA will be less aggressive with the paint. HA is saying everything should be rebranded by 2020 including the 19 717s and 23 330s.

A few years ago, all the 717s went through a regular repaint cycle as apart of regular maintenance on the planes. They were ferried to the mainland, just like 488 recently was. The oldest 330s are approaching 7 years old, with the original paint from the factory, so it will be time for a repaint anyhow. They'll likely get scheduled for paint as they do for maintenance, around the busy flying schedules. Sadly, the 8 767s will not see the new livery.
Old May 5, 2017, 9:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I was looking at some flights from PPT-HNL in late October and November and the flights did show the lie flat seats and it was coded as Business not First.
Old May 14, 2017, 7:36 pm

N373HA finished cabin conversion at KPAE three days ago. N360HA replaced it in what is likely the last A330-200 to undergo cabin conversion until the Summer season ends. Should re-enter service on either May 23 or 24. After N360HA returns to service, a total of 16 A330-200s will have been converted with just 7 left in the old interior until cabin conversions resume in..........
Old May 17, 2017, 11:07 pm

Programs: HA Platinum, UA Silver
Lucked out and got 382 on Flt 26 HNL-PDX yesterday (5/16).

The service was outstanding and the aesthetics are beautiful.
However, the seat is very underwhelming.
Other than the seatbelt and control to change the position of the seat, everything else is not intuitive--tray table, tablet holder, lights.
This is the first leather lie flat seat I've flown on and it was extremely uncomfortable w/ minimal padding. I can see why most airlines use cloth for lie flat seats.
And to top it all off, you can't watch the tablet while lying flat.

This is still a very very very nice upgrade from the old seats, but definitely not in the same league as most current generation lie flat seats.
Old May 23, 2017, 12:07 pm
azj

Just an update... a/c 360 is out of the lie flat mod line and is re-entering service today. This makes 16 lie flat a/c with 7 to go later in the year when the modifications resume, likely at the end of the summer season.

To recap, from upthread, from 5/31/17 we should expect all international destinations to see dedicated lie flat seats, except ICN. PPT seems to be a "high probability" route, like many domestic flights. For domestic flights: JFK and HNL/OGG-SFO see dedicated lie flat cabins. "High probability" for the following flights: HNL/OGG-SEA, HNL-PDX, HNL-LAS-HNL (Flights 6/5), HNL-LAX-HNL (Flights 2/3 and 4/1) and the summer seasonal 3/wk KOA-LAX-KOA (Flights 62/61).

The following a/c are now in the lie flat configuration:
360, 370, 373, 374, 379, 380, 381, 382, 384, 385, 386, 388, 389, 395, 396 and 399.
Old May 26, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K PM/MM, HA Plat 75k+
INC-HNL on my last two trips (over the last 3 weeks) had the new seats (HNL-INC had the old cabin) and.... they both happened to be on a Thursday eastbound. Does Hawaiian re-position aircraft from Japan to offset the days they don't service a destination? For INC its Tuesday and Wednesday they don't fly eastbound.

Also, why is INC the last to get a dedicated aircraft? Is the market softer? Yields lower?

And finally, is there a way to tell what aircraft is planned for a certain route? I realize its subject to change , just could not find anywhere its referenced.

I agree with others, seems like the seats are pretty hard, the entertainment options is poor (hardware) and I have never had a HOT meal on Hawaiian...

On the positive side, I am a big guy and I don't find the seats restrictive except my feet (middle seats, side seats seem longer) I sleep really well eastbound..The hollow armrests are really nice and I like the storage options.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 2:34 pm

Programs: Free agent, UA 1K, Bonvoy Gold
Any update if more frames have been retrofitted since May 31st? Or to azj's point, are all further retrofits TBD until September?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 2:38 pm

Not sure, but we did have the new seats HNL-SEA-HNL couple weeks ago. The poor ipad holder design is not holding up well (no surprise). I also wish they'd done the table hinged instead of one long piece.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.