Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Hawaiian Airlines A330" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 3, 2023, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
HA's official web page on the lie flats

24 aircraft converted: N360HA, N361HA, N370HA, N373HA, N374HA, N375HA, N378HA, N379HA, N380HA, N381HA, N382HA, N383HA, N384HA, N385HA, N386HA, N388HA, N389HA, N390HA, N391HA, N392HA, N393HA, N395HA, N396HA, N399HA
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2008, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HA Pualani Platinum, National EC Executive, UA & AAdvantage

http://seekingalpha.com/article/9241...e=yahoo&page=3

Was reading the transcript from the Q2 conference call on 7/30/08 today (link above) and noticed the 767 fleet update...the additional 767 has been nixed (which was mentioned before), but (what I didn't know) HA signed LOIs for 3 leased A330's to come online in 2011. I take it this is in addition to the initial order for A332's and A358's that will start coming online in 2012. Dunkerley stated that 2 of the A330's will replace 767's whose leases will expire. No mentioning if they will be used or new ships or if they are A332's or A333's as well as engine type, but I would presume they will be RR powered A332's to match the initial order. So, it looks like we will see HA A330's a little sooner^

Looking forward to flying them soon. Wishful thinking, but I hope HA brings PTV's and lie-flat or first suites with those new birds.
Old Aug 25, 2008, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Will HA able installion with AVOD every seat in Economy class? I'm sure if they will able refurbishment newest cabin interiors. It's will be great to looks different new interiors inside of A330. What about anything else about F class will able installed new lie-flats. It will be very comfortable for First Class passengers will allows to get sleep during long haul. HA will accepted delivery brand newest A330 sometimes in between 2011 or 2012. I think HA will have to change the livery to get newest color scheme.
Old Aug 25, 2008, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by N830MH
I think HA will have to change the livery to get newest color scheme.
Why would they have to do this? It hasn't been more than a decade now since HA last changed its livery. Unless HA wants to go the fumbled ways of Delta, I'd think HA would want to keep its livery to maintain its brand image. An A330 with the Pualani tail would look sleek, IMHO.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 2:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by HA/UA_Flyer
http://seekingalpha.com/article/9241...e=yahoo&page=3

Was reading the transcript from the Q2 conference call on 7/30/08 today (link above) and noticed the 767 fleet update...the additional 767 has been nixed (which was mentioned before), but (what I didn't know) HA signed LOIs for 3 leased A330's to come online in 2011. I take it this is in addition to the initial order for A332's and A358's that will start coming online in 2012. Dunkerley stated that 2 of the A330's will replace 767's whose leases will expire. No mentioning if they will be used or new ships or if they are A332's or A333's as well as engine type, but I would presume they will be RR powered A332's to match the initial order. So, it looks like we will see HA A330's a little sooner^

Looking forward to flying them soon. Wishful thinking, but I hope HA brings PTV's and lie-flat or first suites with those new birds.
A358's in 2012? Was there an update to the original press release?

Also that may be a big assumption to say the 3 leases for 2011 are in addition to the ones planned to come online in 2012.

I'm sure whatever happens, it'll be at least slightly different than what is planned at this stage for 3-9 yrs down the road.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HA Pualani Platinum, National EC Executive, UA & AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Ripper3785
A358's in 2012? Was there an update to the original press release?

Also that may be a big assumption to say the 3 leases for 2011 are in addition to the ones planned to come online in 2012.

I'm sure whatever happens, it'll be at least slightly different than what is planned at this stage for 3-9 yrs down the road.

Sorry, should have stated the 358s coming later as only the 332s are coming first in 2012 as per the original order.

I really do think that the 3 2011 leases are in addition to the original order....but then again HA hasn't said anything else about this that I know of beyond the 7/30 conference call so anything is possible. But if 2 763 leases are up in 2011, HA will need to do something if they plan on keeping existing routes and frequencies or else cut back if they see demand slowing in the 2011 timeframe.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 8:01 pm

Hawaiian to expand California service next Summer and debut A330 on Los Angeles route

Taken from the Hawaiian Air website press release:

"With the first of its new fleet of long range, wide-body Airbus A330-200 aircraft arriving in April, Hawaiian Airlines will expand its service from Hawaii’s largest visitor markets for the summer peak travel season with the addition of three daily flights to Hawaii from California. Hawaiian also announced it would put the first two of its new A330 aircraft into service on the Los Angeles-Honolulu route starting in June.

Hawaiian is adding two daily nonstop flights to Maui – one from Oakland and the other from San Diego – as well as another daily flight between Los Angeles and Honolulu, beginning June 17, 2010.

Mark Dunkerley, Hawaiian’s president and CEO, said, “The arrival of the first of our new longrange Airbus aircraft gives us the opportunity to expand our service from Hawaii’s largest visitor market when travel demand is at its highest.”

The new daily flight between Oakland and Maui is a first for Hawaiian. Flight #23 will depart Oakland daily at 12:20 p.m. and arrive in Maui at 2:20 p.m. Return Flight #24 will depart Maui daily at 9:35 p.m. and arrive in Oakland the following morning at 5:30 a.m. The new flight runs through September 6, 2010.

Hawaiian will also offer daily service between San Diego and Maui for the first time since summer 2008. Flight #37 will depart San Diego daily at 10:35 a.m. and arrive in Maui at 1:05 p.m. Return Flight #38 will depart Maui at 10:30 p.m. and arrive in San Diego at 6:35 a.m. the following morning. The new seasonal service concludes August 24, 2010.

Hawaiian will supplement its daily Los Angeles-Honolulu service with a new flight using the wide-body, twin-aisle A330-200 aircraft, which seats 294 passengers – 30 more seats than the Boeing 767-300 – in a two-class configuration. Flight #3 will depart Los Angeles daily at 10:45 a.m. and arrive in Honolulu at 1:15 p.m. Return Flight #4 will depart Honolulu daily at 10:30 p.m. and arrive in Los Angeles the following morning at 6:55 a.m. The extra flight runs through September 6, 2010.

Tickets for the three new summer flights are now available for purchase and can be booked online at HawaiianAirlines.com, by calling Hawaiian’s reservations department toll-free at (800) 367-5320, or through any professional travel agent.

Hawaiian’s first three A330-200 aircraft are being leased and will join the fleet starting next April. In addition, Hawaiian has signed a purchase agreement with Airbus to acquire six wide-body A330-200 aircraft (starting in 2012) and six A350XWB-800 (Extra Wide-Body) aircraft (starting in 2017), as well as purchase rights for an additional six aircraft of each model."
Old Sep 17, 2009, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by JimNastic
Taken from the Hawaiian Air website press release:

"With the first of its new fleet of long range, wide-body Airbus A330-200 aircraft arriving in April, Hawaiian Airlines will expand its service from Hawaii’s largest visitor markets for the summer peak travel season with the addition of three daily flights to Hawaii from California. Hawaiian also announced it would put the first two of its new A330 aircraft into service on the Los Angeles-Honolulu route starting in June.

Hawaiian is adding two daily nonstop flights to Maui – one from Oakland and the other from San Diego – as well as another daily flight between Los Angeles and Honolulu, beginning June 17, 2010.

Mark Dunkerley, Hawaiian’s president and CEO, said, “The arrival of the first of our new longrange Airbus aircraft gives us the opportunity to expand our service from Hawaii’s largest visitor market when travel demand is at its highest.”

The new daily flight between Oakland and Maui is a first for Hawaiian. Flight #23 will depart Oakland daily at 12:20 p.m. and arrive in Maui at 2:20 p.m. Return Flight #24 will depart Maui daily at 9:35 p.m. and arrive in Oakland the following morning at 5:30 a.m. The new flight runs through September 6, 2010.

Hawaiian will also offer daily service between San Diego and Maui for the first time since summer 2008. Flight #37 will depart San Diego daily at 10:35 a.m. and arrive in Maui at 1:05 p.m. Return Flight #38 will depart Maui at 10:30 p.m. and arrive in San Diego at 6:35 a.m. the following morning. The new seasonal service concludes August 24, 2010.

Hawaiian will supplement its daily Los Angeles-Honolulu service with a new flight using the wide-body, twin-aisle A330-200 aircraft, which seats 294 passengers – 30 more seats than the Boeing 767-300 – in a two-class configuration. Flight #3 will depart Los Angeles daily at 10:45 a.m. and arrive in Honolulu at 1:15 p.m. Return Flight #4 will depart Honolulu daily at 10:30 p.m. and arrive in Los Angeles the following morning at 6:55 a.m. The extra flight runs through September 6, 2010.

Tickets for the three new summer flights are now available for purchase and can be booked online at HawaiianAirlines.com, by calling Hawaiian’s reservations department toll-free at (800) 367-5320, or through any professional travel agent.

Hawaiian’s first three A330-200 aircraft are being leased and will join the fleet starting next April. In addition, Hawaiian has signed a purchase agreement with Airbus to acquire six wide-body A330-200 aircraft (starting in 2012) and six A350XWB-800 (Extra Wide-Body) aircraft (starting in 2017), as well as purchase rights for an additional six aircraft of each model."
Great to see new SAN to OGG service. But, we never go during the summer . . . . What are they going to do with those plans during the winter?
Old Sep 17, 2009, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdflyer04
Great to see new SAN to OGG service. But, we never go during the summer . . . . What are they going to do with those plans during the winter?
I think HA will have to be considers new route for HNL-FLL nonstop. It would be perfect time during Hawaiian leisure vacation trip from South Florida is much more convenient. I think A332 will have to be freeing up to be expandable everywhere else instead of west coast to further East Coast. It have need to bring more specific new routes for HNL-JFK/BOS/MCO/FLL. I think it would be best time to bring more capacity passengers for FLL-HNL nonstop on operated A332 aircraft. If they will ever to be announced. It won't have any problem the weight restrictions over US Mainland.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by sdflyer04
I would think non-stop service out of ORD if they could get slots. What's the range on those A330's anyway? In any event, they will most likely find some nice cold winter locales to fly out of to HI. Would like to see one out of SEA.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by toadman
I would think non-stop service out of ORD if they could get slots. What's the range on those A330's anyway? In any event, they will most likely find some nice cold winter locales to fly out of to HI. Would like to see one out of SEA.
I think it is almost 6,000nm can possibly fly nonstop from HNL-ORD/JFK/BOS/IAD and few others specific routes.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 9:42 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by N830MH
I think HA will have to be considers new route for HNL-FLL nonstop. It would be perfect time during Hawaiian leisure vacation trip from South Florida is much more convenient. I think A332 will have to be freeing up to be expandable everywhere else instead of west coast to further East Coast. It have need to bring more specific new routes for HNL-JFK/BOS/MCO/FLL. I think it would be best time to bring more capacity passengers for FLL-HNL nonstop on operated A332 aircraft. If they will ever to be announced. It won't have any problem the weight restrictions over US Mainland.
HNL-FLL-HNL??!! I'd think there is little chance of that happening.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 10:24 pm

As I read the news release, there is only one new plane with the ability to go beyond the western US. What are they going to do with the plane they use to fly SAN-OGG during the summer when they stop that service in the winter.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HNL
HNL-FLL-HNL??!! I'd think there is little chance of that happening.
IF there is enough O/D dailies passengers from FLL-HNL. Someday in the future if HA will announced new route for HNL-FLL nonstop. It will have to take the advantage of it. It would be perfect opportunities to bring more leisure vacation trip out FLL-HNL nonstop.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 1:30 pm

Programs: Recovering Delta SkyMiles Addict--Now Gold with AAdvantage
The speculation about what HA will do with the rest of those new planes has centered around East Asian and U.S. mainland destinations, with an occasional European fantasy thrown in. East Asia seems like the best economic bet, with increasing interest in Hawaii tourism and better economic conditions. There are relatively few U.S. mainland destinations with the requisite O&D traffic that are not either already served or fortress hubs. BOS and Florida come to mind. It will be hard for HA to break into the Eastern USA market unless they are the only non-stop option, and one has to wonder if FF loyalty will keep those pax making connections. As much as I would love non-stop service from HNL to anywhere in Europe, I think somebody would already be doing it if there were money to be made.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by KeaauFlyer
The speculation about what HA will do with the rest of those new planes has centered around East Asian and U.S. mainland destinations, with an occasional European fantasy thrown in. East Asia seems like the best economic bet, with increasing interest in Hawaii tourism and better economic conditions. There are relatively few U.S. mainland destinations with the requisite O&D traffic that are not either already served or fortress hubs. BOS and Florida come to mind. It will be hard for HA to break into the Eastern USA market unless they are the only non-stop option, and one has to wonder if FF loyalty will keep those pax making connections. As much as I would love non-stop service from HNL to anywhere in Europe, I think somebody would already be doing it if there were money to be made.
HNL-HKG would be nice

FLL? Well, that's certainly thinking "out of the box".

The times on the new OGG flights are kind of weird if you ask me. Are the 767's just going to sit there on Maui during the layover there? I wonder what else they are going to do, because having them sit there doing nothing doesn't make sense.

-David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.