Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Hawaiian Airlines A330" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 3, 2023, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
HA's official web page on the lie flats

24 aircraft converted: N360HA, N361HA, N370HA, N373HA, N374HA, N375HA, N378HA, N379HA, N380HA, N381HA, N382HA, N383HA, N384HA, N385HA, N386HA, N388HA, N389HA, N390HA, N391HA, N392HA, N393HA, N395HA, N396HA, N399HA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Hawaiian Airlines A330" thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2016, 3:32 pm
azj

Originally Posted by TheTakeOffRush
Does anyone have an more current lie-flat roll out schedule? (by route? by total number of jets? other?) I see "December" quoted from 2nd Quarter posts, but not much more than that.

Thanks!
I believe HA states there would be 6 or 7 in service by the end of the year. I think that number is dependent on how fast the facility at KPAE can finish them off. It seems like each plane will take about 2-3 weeks to modify. By only committing to 4 routes, they have flexibility if the program hits a snag.

The recently announced dedicated routes would only take 3 planes (NRT, SYD, AKL, BNE), so there will likely either be more announcements or they're building in flexibility to ensure those routes indeed have the lie flat a/c available, should one go tech somewhere. That said, if they don't commit to more guaranteed cities, the balance of the newly configured planes will continue to "surprise and delight" on random routes.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by azj
The recently announced dedicated routes would only take 3 planes (NRT, SYD, AKL, BNE), so there will likely either be more announcements or they're building in flexibility to ensure those routes indeed have the lie flat a/c available, should one go tech somewhere. That said, if they don't commit to more guaranteed cities, the balance of the newly configured planes will continue to "surprise and delight" on random routes.
Do you recall where that article was? I have a ANA Y Seat for April HNL -> TYO since their J seats are just recliner, but if HA gets the lie down by April I am willing to switch.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:26 pm
azj

Originally Posted by ctruzzi
Do you recall where that article was? I have a ANA Y Seat for April HNL -> TYO since their J seats are just recliner, but if HA gets the lie down by April I am willing to switch.
Yes, it's all over the website as well as the press. Here's a link to the section on the website that covers the new premium cabin.

https://www.hawaiianairlines.com/our.../premium-cabin
Old Oct 27, 2016, 8:37 pm

Programs: VA WP, UA 1k, QR G, AZ WP
what would people suggest taking if your only option on an HNL-SYD A332 was 14E or 34A and the people on either side for both seats aren't part of your group?
I'm 6'1" and can't remember (or find good photos) of what the exit door bulge on the 332 looks like for seat 34, concerns on seat 14 is that it's a middle and not sure how close the bulkhead wall is to the seat.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 11:07 am

Programs: TrueBlue/Hawaiian Miles
Originally Posted by quick_dry
what would people suggest taking if your only option on an HNL-SYD A332 was 14E or 34A and the people on either side for both seats aren't part of your group?
I'm 6'1" and can't remember (or find good photos) of what the exit door bulge on the 332 looks like for seat 34, concerns on seat 14 is that it's a middle and not sure how close the bulkhead wall is to the seat.
I'd go for 34A for sure. I've seen pa video showing plenty of space and of course I can't find it at the moment. When I walked thru the cabin on my trips, the door bulge wasn't as bad as it might seem. If I couldn't get the mini cabin or a window at Row 14, I'd go for 34 personally. If I can find a pic or that video I will post it for you.

Edit: Found one pic on yelp showing the lack of "bulge" at the 34A Door. I'm a man on a mission looking for that video I saw-because it legit made me thing "well if I can't get up front, I'll take 34AB/HJ."

Last edited by FBWFTW; Oct 28, 2016 at 11:20 am
Old Oct 28, 2016, 1:00 pm

I enjoyed 34A, while there is no floor storage the TON of legroom more than compensates and there is no exit door bulge. Seat Guru has a couple photos, see for yourself!

Last edited by tdowl5757; Nov 4, 2016 at 7:31 am
Old Oct 28, 2016, 5:39 pm

Programs: VA WP, UA 1k, QR G, AZ WP
awesome info, thanks!
Old Oct 28, 2016, 7:19 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond
Just be aware that sitting by the door is usually much colder than anywhere else in the plane. My wife hates it, but I don't care for it only cause its far back so you get fed/drinks and get off the plane after everyone else.

HOWEVER, as previously stated if it was the only option for comfort I'd take it
Old Nov 3, 2016, 9:52 pm

Programs: UA, HA
So is there a known roll out plan for which routes get lie-flat F in which order?
Old Nov 4, 2016, 12:16 am
azj

Originally Posted by TheTakeOffRush
So is there a known roll out plan for which routes get lie-flat F in which order?
I'm sure there's a plan... but the only routes that are publically announced are SYD, NRT, AKL and BNE starting in December. In the meantime, NRT and both SFO's seem to be getting the planes more often than not. Next one out of the mod line this weekend, bringing the the count up to 4 planes with the new cabin.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 12:36 am

Programs: UA, HA
Originally Posted by azj
...SYD, NRT, AKL and BNE starting in December. In the meantime, NRT and both SFO's ...bringing the the count up to 4 planes with the new cabin.
Solid update. Thanks! I'm pleased to see these longer int'l routes already sorted.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 1:41 am

Thrilled about nrt and sfo. Can't wait for hnd. Sure wish they'd hurry up though - redeye to lax was rough in the old seat now that I've tasted the new!
Old Nov 19, 2016, 9:07 am

Programs: United Platinum
Flying sjc- hnl on Nov 19

Nice surprise to see 385HA at the gate in San Jose just now. Should be a good flight in 1HJ

Of course now that we've been sitting at the gate for an hour plus due to a computer glitch I'm a bit less thrilled with 385HA. But the seats are comfy!

Last edited by bpratt; Nov 19, 2016 at 11:28 am
Old Nov 19, 2016, 10:20 am

I'm booked on the new seats again hnl-sfo and back in a couple weeks. Hope they don't change things around!
Old Nov 19, 2016, 11:27 am
azj

Originally Posted by pesos
I'm booked on the new seats again hnl-sfo and back in a couple weeks. Hope they don't change things around!
A/C 386 re-entered service today in its new configuration from SEA-HNL, bringing the fleet count to 6.

As for SFO, it's the west coast city that has seen the new product the most, but since they aren't guaranteeing SFO at the moment, it could be a toss up for you. Cross your fingers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.