Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Roll Call Thread Part III - Including Maps of Our Locations in 1st Post

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Roll Call Thread Part III - Including Maps of Our Locations in 1st Post

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2009, 6:03 pm

cyby / Simon / 26 / LAX/JFK

Hi guys. Just joined this (finally) after reading and lurking for years.

I'm a mathematics consultant based out of LA/NY. Usually fly VX between the two cities now. But I am sometimes found on UA flights to ORD or HKG for fun. Wanted to wave a quick hi to everybody!
Old Dec 8, 2009, 7:06 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Welcome cyby!!!!
Old Dec 21, 2009, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Hey there-- San Juan based Education company manager. Terribly misses being a 1k but AA is great enough.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 8:33 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Welcome sjucub!!!!!
Old Dec 29, 2009, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA (1K;2MM), AS (G), DL(3MM;GM), BMI G, BA G, AA EXP, SPG (P), IHG Plat Amb, HY Plat
IflyFirst 49 SFO San Francisc

I thought I would update my information. Looking forward to the SF Gayla!
Old Dec 29, 2009, 3:35 pm

Programs: Priceline Titanium
Glad you found us, IFlyFirst - even if at most you'll need to take MUNI to the Gayla!
Old Jan 8, 2010, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
Mike / 45 / SFO (YVR is my usual home away from home, but less so recently)

I think I posted an intro way back, not much has changed. My hubby and I have been together since 1996. His current job makes travel tough, so I fly a lot to get status and we try to share the benefits of that once or twice a year.

I work in the software industry, specifically in chip design/electronic design automation. My hobbies besides travel are reading, music, walking, and rooting for the Sharks.

Can't make Gayla because I stupidly booked another trip without checking the dates first. I resolved this year to book my weekenders earlier to save money. I'll try to make it to some future events.

Last edited by makfan; Jan 8, 2010 at 5:38 pm
Old Jan 8, 2010, 10:43 pm

Glad for a reintroduction, makfan. Sorry you can't make the Gayla.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
I'm 47, live in Peoria,AZ (suburb of PHX) have a great partner of 8 yrs. Right out of College I worked for Sony and traveled the world, this was in the late 80's to mid 90's. If FT was around then it would have made my travels easier. I currently work in healthcare, done bedside nursing, then became a FlightNurse (hey its my screen name), went back to the hospital work in Admin. Just finished my MBA, and now work as a healthcare consultant. I travel a lot, mostly in the US, haven't taken any long haul trips like I did with Sony. But have been able to make 1K with United 2 yrs in a row.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 10:25 am

Glad you found us, FlightNurse, and hope you'll stick around and join in. (Dopey question, but what specifically does a flight nurse do?)
Old Jan 20, 2010, 2:51 pm

Hi all, finally decided to join. My name is Steve, currently in Ottawa.
There really isn't very much gay-related travel info out there, so I think this forum is great!
Old Jan 20, 2010, 3:13 pm

Welcome to the forum, tosteve - glad you decided to join!
Old Jan 31, 2010, 12:18 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, IHG Platinum, One Man Street Fair in my spare time
Justin/49/SFO/San Francisco

I didn't realize there was a new roll call, and I've moved back to San Francisco from the East Bay since the last one, so figured an update was in order. Looking forward to seeing past FT friends this coming weekend at the SFO Gayla and meeting new people.

Fun facts:
1. ebayj came from when I was living in the East Bay. I have never purchased anything on ebay
2. First flight was when I was 14 with my mom on Northwest Orient to Washington DC. A year later I took a KLM 747 with a band and choir group to Europe. The travel bug bit hard - and unlike most of the board, 95% of my travel has been for leisure - including Star Alliance Round The World in 1998. I have been to 44 countries.
3. I was a music major, but earn a living managing payroll and payroll systems at a national DOE laboratory.
4. FlyerTalk has been a treasure trove of information, and more importantly, I have made some wonderful friends through the board - fascinating people I would have never met otherwise.
5. Feel free to ask me anything about San Francisco - I have been here 21 years, and still find something new or beautiful or interesting here almost every week.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 11:28 am

Thanks for the update, Justin, and the fun facts (I really had wondered about your ebay purchases . . .)
Old Feb 8, 2010, 8:10 pm

Retired

Retired Detective ,living in NY ,born and raised in Brooklyn.

Fluent in Brooklynese

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.