Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Roll Call Thread Part III - Including Maps of Our Locations in 1st Post

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Roll Call Thread Part III - Including Maps of Our Locations in 1st Post

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2010, 8:02 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by peteropny
Welcome USirritated!!! We sat next to you at lunch at Hillwood in DC!!!
I think that I remember, one of you was much more talkative than the other, right? You are an Asian/Caucasian couple, right?

Originally Posted by peteropny
Actually the first GLBT Do (Gayla) was in FLL way back when - there was another one a few years later (unfortunately we missed that one since we were in Alaska). If you want to arrange one - please do and I'd be more than happy to help out (having either hosted or co-hosted PSP for the last 7 years).
I am meeting another FLL GLBT FTer for the first time on Wednesday, and I planned to talk with him about co-hosting/arranging a FLL DO or Gayla here, so I will get back to you after that. Any of this threads readers interested in visiting FLL for a DO/Gayla of 2-3 days later this year? The dreamy weather starts around mid-October!
Old Jun 12, 2010, 8:04 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Oh, by the way, is SingaPaul, or the mods, still adding members to the first few posts after new members introduce themselves, or has that ended?

What happened to the world map of GLBT member's locations? The link does not seem to work anymore.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 8:44 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by USirritated
I think that I remember, one of you was much more talkative than the other, right? You are an Asian/Caucasian couple, right?

I am meeting another FLL GLBT FTer for the first time on Wednesday, and I planned to talk with him about co-hosting/arranging a FLL DO or Gayla here, so I will get back to you after that. Any of this threads readers interested in visiting FLL for a DO/Gayla of 2-3 days later this year? The dreamy weather starts around mid-October!
Yes - I'm Asian partner is Caucasian - not sure about the talkative part we're both fairly quiet.

Talk about the FLL Do/Gayla and if you're interested in hosting one, post in a separate thread and see if it gets much interest (hopefully yes - I know we'd be interested subject to dates working of course). A separate thread is a better place and more visible - if you're trying to narrow down a few dates - let us know and we (the mods) can set up a poll to see if one date works better - sometimes it doesn't really help though - see the next PSP Do thread.

Originally Posted by USirritated
Oh, by the way, is SingaPaul, or the mods, still adding members to the first few posts after new members introduce themselves, or has that ended?

What happened to the world map of GLBT member's locations? The link does not seem to work anymore.
I don't think SingaPaul has been on in quite sometime and I don't believe that the mods have been adding people to the first posts (I'm quite overwhelmed with Hyatt in the last 6 months or so).

Don't know what happened to the map.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 5:11 pm

Programs: DL, IB
Joey / a4or3s / 40 / MGM

Jumping in with both feet here. Asian transplant to Montgomery, AL, but frequently on a plane to somewhere else. The weird screen name has to do with cars, and my best trip thus far was last year to Bavaria, where my favorite makes are headquartered! The beer and schweinshaxe were good, too!

Most of my travel is long-haul leisure, since work keeps me in town. Have lurked on FT for some time, but started posting late last year. Was a longtime NW Elite due to my trips home to MNL, but now rethinking my loyalty to Skyteam. I'm less loyal when it comes to hotels, and split stays between Hilton, Marriott, Priceline and Venere. Lots of different interests: food, mechanical things (planes, cars, watches), photography. Huge science geek, basically.

FT has been great at helping me figure out how to spend my BIS NW miles wisely. Looking forward to that SQ award in F in late summer! Cheers, and safe travels!
Old Jun 16, 2010, 5:28 pm

Programs: Priceline Titanium
Glad you found us, a4or3s and congrats on snagging that SQ award while you still could!
Old Jun 17, 2010, 3:31 pm

Programs: DL-Gold, Starwood. Previously AA Gold and United Premier Gold, and OnePass
Talking Will / 30 / JFK / NYC

Hey FT folks. Long time reader here; FT is easily the best place to find information on award travel and reward programs and I've generally been happy just reading the advice here and there. I don't travel much for work, so I normally only fly a few times a year for vacation/family visits. Finally got around to creating a posting account to resolve some questions about the AA platinum challenge, which I'm trying for the first time next month!

While I was at it, I decided to get involved in the NYC food threads, and then I saw this forum too, so I thought I'd drop by here too. Howdy folks! Happy Pride!
Old Jun 17, 2010, 4:05 pm

Hello fellow New Yorker! Glad you found us; stick around and join in!
Old Jun 22, 2010, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA, DL, BA, LH
fsfguy / Bob / 48 / SFO / San Francisco

I'm fairly new to FT, just discovered this forum.

First flight was just after I learned to walk, first TATL at age 13, MIA-MAD gave me the travel bug, I'll always remember the excitement of seeing Spain from the air as the clouds cleared.

Travel entirely for leisure, I like planes and try to get on as many different kinds as possible. I like vintage and I like fast, though usually mutually exclusive. I actually prefer the destination over the traveling part (unless the plane is really, really fast, doing aerobatics or both ) I love behind the scenes tours and sitting in the co-pilot seat (I'm not a pilot).

Usually qualify for 1P. Used to be a dedicated AA flyer but switched to UA after moving to SFO. I've been going to China at least once a year, learning Mandarin and Chinese cooking.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 10:14 pm

Welcome, fsfguy - we're glad you found us! There's a great SFO contingent here - and there's a regular gathering in February as well as smaller get-togethers.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 2:05 am

Programs: UA 1P, AA, DL, BA, LH
Originally Posted by FlyBalletGuy
Welcome, fsfguy - we're glad you found us! There's a great SFO contingent here - and there's a regular gathering in February as well as smaller get-togethers.
Thanks for the welcome! I'll look forward to the next get-together.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 12:43 am

Programs: DL/DM, UA/PE, AC/Elite, CX/DM, HH/Gold, SPG/Plat, Marriott/Gold, PC/RA Plat
meiguoren / Andy / 38 / SZX / Shenzhen, China

Been on FT for about two years and found the GLBT section for the first time a few hours ago when searching for gay friendly hotels in Paris for a trip later this year.

Am an American who moved to China about 8 years ago for a 2 year job assignment and fell in love with the country, culture and a Chinese man and have since made Shenzhen home.

Travel far too frequently for work but we do manage to enjoy a few leisure trips a year as well. Looking forward to contributing and using this "new" resource on FT!

Last edited by meiguoren; Jul 8, 2010 at 12:44 am Reason: fix grammar issue :0
Old Jul 8, 2010, 8:13 am

Welcome meiguoren!!!
Old Jul 17, 2010, 7:01 am

Programs: A shadow of my former self
Originally Posted by fsfguy
I like vintage and I like fast, though usually mutually exclusive.
Are we still talking about planes?!

Welcome, all!

David
Old Jul 17, 2010, 1:40 pm

Programs: HH Gold
timboy219 / Tim / 19 / SEA / Auburn, WA

Although I have had my FT account for over four years now, I rarely posted anything until a few months ago. I guess I never really realized the other forums outside of MilesBuzz, such as this fine GLBT forum. ^

I'm originally from the Philadelphia suburbs, but moved to the greater RDU area for a year when I was 10, before moving to the amazing city of Seattle. I was there until May of this year, when I moved down to the suburb of Auburn. I still frequently visit the PHL and RDU areas when I can.

Anyway, I haven't been out in the open too long, therefore, no partner just yet, but I am starting to look.

- Tim

Last edited by timboy219; Jul 17, 2010 at 1:46 pm
Old Jul 17, 2010, 2:47 pm

Welcome timboy219!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.