Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Roll Call Thread Part III - Including Maps of Our Locations in 1st Post

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Roll Call Thread Part III - Including Maps of Our Locations in 1st Post

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2011, 9:41 am

Talking

Originally Posted by USirritated
Hello Andy, welcome to FT and to this thread/forum! Just another Andy here, except I am in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. So tell us, what would the man of your life be like and look like?
My man(no frat boy please) should hold dual citizenship, Hyatt Diamond, UA 1K/GS and doesn't fly Delta (just kidding). He also needs to be able to fit in a standard economy seat

Originally Posted by FlyBalletGuy
What can I say, Andy? FT is addictive. There's a nice SEA contingent here as well, look around.
I'm sadly moving to PHL this Sept. SEA is a great city for MR, but I'm so sick of the rain. I'm having the tough time finding a reasonable deal out of PHL though
Old Jul 10, 2011, 2:47 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by harry0233
My man(no frat boy please) should hold dual citizenship, Hyatt Diamond, UA 1K/GS and doesn't fly Delta (just kidding). He also needs to be able to fit in a standard economy seat

I'm sadly moving to PHL this Sept. SEA is a great city for MR, but I'm so sick of the rain. I'm having the tough time finding a reasonable deal out of PHL though
Dual citizenship from two countries, or dual citizenship as an elite member of two different frequent flier programs?
Old Aug 2, 2011, 4:43 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP
Hi, I'm a day-old to FT. From SEA, too. I fly about 6 to 8 times a year for work, at least two of those are long-haul. Flying to BWI this weekend. I've lived in Paris and HNL before. I'm in my 'very early' 40s, which feel like the new 30s.

I'm planning a trip later this year to either Brazil or Ireland.

My ideal guy is a dork, a true dork. Which is why I love SEA - there are so many genuine nerdy, book-reading, brainy, tech guys here. My ideal guy would also be somewhat shy, easy-going and enjoy Sunday suppers watching "Mad Men".

Anyway, glad to come across this site. If anyone is coming to SEA, let me know - I can maybe help with a hotel or bar recommendation, and I can meet you for 'flyertalk' over cocktails.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 5:46 pm

Programs: Priceline Titanium
Welcome, seattletravelguy, and glad you found us (checklist in hand, I see!)

Stick around and post!
Old Sep 10, 2011, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, HH Gold, National Executive, Amex Plat
Just checking in as a FT 2 month old newbie! My wife and I travel once a month for pleasure.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
BBB / 31 / LHR / London

First of all... Hi!

Another first, sorry I can't put my first name on here. I try to keep my identity off FT as I work for BA and contribute a lot to the BA Board which is read a lot by the company, so sorry again about that.

So, hello!

As I say, I am 31, single, live in central London and work as a trolly dolly/cart tart/crew for BA out of LHR. I am short haul at the moment, or as they call us, "EuroFleet" which means we fly Europe, north Africa and Russia. I discovered FT a couple of years ago, and it has only fueled my love of travel. I think it is why I do the job that I do.

I have an addiction for San Francisco. I love the place. I could happily move there. I have watched Tales of the City I don't know how many times and every time I step off the plane in San Francisco, I want to ask the cab driver to take me to Barbary Lane... I don't know what it is about the city, it just captured my heart the first time I visited, and have been back so many times I forget now...

So, hello again... Erm... Speak soon I suppose!

BBB
Old Sep 13, 2011, 9:40 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Welcome BingBongBoy!!!!
Old Sep 13, 2011, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Steven / 47 / DCA / Alexandria, Virginia

Just started actively reading FT. I just love flying. I love being on a plane. The destinations are nice too, but the act of flying is so cool. I flew TWA before they merged with American and then switched to United. I have been Premier Exec for two years. (long enough to know I don't want to be lower since unlimited upgrades started )

I fly about half for business and half for pleasure. My partner and I live in Alexandria, 2 metro stops from DCA. 20 min. from debark to front door, it's great.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 6:00 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Welcome gayste!!!
Old Sep 14, 2011, 2:31 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Welcome BBB - good to see you here as well.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by hsmall
Welcome BBB - good to see you here as well.
Well... There is more to FT than Avios points!
Old Oct 1, 2011, 8:54 am

Hi all! Just found this thread. My partner and I love to travel, and now we're doing it with our one year old twins!

We've lived in several parts of the country (college, grad school, jobs, etc). Now we're in PHL. Look forward to getting to know you all!

Cindy
Old Oct 1, 2011, 12:21 pm

Programs: Variety of rectangular cards with my name on it
I'm a 21 year old college student in NYC that just started investing in loyalty programs this year with airline and hotels. Hopefully I will learn much from FT so that my investment will pay off in the future!

It is also quite good to see that there is a LGBT forum here for travel.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 2:36 pm

Programs: Priceline Titanium
Welcome to the both of you!

It's great to see more "L" in the GLBT forum, TimesTwo.

KissFlyGoodbye - there are at least a few college-age mavens in the forum; you may be able to get some ideas.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA Silver Kettle, IHG Platinum & slop status in all others
Thomas \ Over 21 \ SMF & SFO Mostly \ Sacramento

Travel is split between mostly domestic leisure and union-member related business within California.

For the past several years I have managed to just squeak out with what is now Sliver status on United (for what that is worth after the upcoming program changes) and Platinum with IHG.

I've been to all 50 United States and need to start branching out to other continents.

Loving flying after growing up with a dad that had small planes as a hobby after being a Navy flyboy. In addition to travel I also love live music, the band Rush, wine and other mellow pursuits including guys in (or out of) suits and suites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.