Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Roll Call Thread Part III - Including Maps of Our Locations in 1st Post

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Roll Call Thread Part III - Including Maps of Our Locations in 1st Post

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2010, 6:14 pm

Programs: UA 1P, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, US Dirt
USFreak / Owen / 31 / CHS / Mount Pleasant, SC

I've had my FT account for awhile as well and can't seem to stay on top of all the forums around here

I'm Owen. I am originally from the Virginia suburbs of Washington D.C. I moved to Charleston, SC 5 years ago and do not regret it one bit. If you have never been here, you must come. I live 1.5 miles from the Oceanfront
I work in higher education/student affairs and I like it. Went to college in Virginia to be a teacher and HATED the classroom so the college life is what I was suited for although I didn't know it at the time! I travel about 20 weeks a year, mainly fall and spring, and take long summer vacations to enjoy at home or abroad. If you find yourself in the Lowcountry of South Carolina, give me a look up! I love showing people around this town.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 9:07 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Welcome USFreak!!!!
Old Aug 3, 2010, 3:48 am

Programs: FB gold, HH diamond, Radisson gold, IHG gold
bsmits / Bram / 35 / AMS / Amersfoort

First flight at 3 months old on WT (Nigerian Airways if anyone still remembers them), back at 6 months on KL. My only time on either of those airlines, and not remembering a thing.

Nowadays mostly flying VS for longhaul, "whatever" for european, still pissed BD seems to have stopped serving AMS. I seem to end up on UA or CO when VS isn't convenient.

Running my own business as a freelance IT consultant, and growing a specialized automotive workshop with a friend. Don't get to travel as much as I'd like due to work commitments, so usually one or two TATL and a varying number of euro trips per year. Planning on a couple of APAC trips for 2011/2012 as well. Being a workaholic isn't the greatest thing for building relationships, so still single.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 3:53 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Welcome bsmits, and thanks for posting, have lots of fun on FT, welcome again!
Old Aug 3, 2010, 4:15 am

Programs: UA Platinum
Talking

brivido / Elyse / 34 / New York, NY and Castelmuzio, Italy

I guess now is as good of a time as any to introduce myself after lurking nearly a year. Plus, I'm sure the few gals in this thread will be happy to have yet another female join their ranks.

I'm a Continental Platinum Elite flyer currently residing in Tuscany for the summer. I'm also a huge foodie and am working on a project where I'm flying 100,000 miles in one year with the sole purpose to eat around the world. I'm blogging about it on foodieinternational.com. I've used the forums to find some great last-minute deals and I'm always ready to step on a plane to anywhere at any time.

It's nice to finally say hello and I'm happy to join this community!
Old Aug 3, 2010, 6:51 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Welcome brivido, to both FlyerTalk and to this forum, and your foodie trip sounds great, I am jealous! Have fun on FT!
Old Aug 3, 2010, 8:35 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Welcome bsmits & brivido!!! brivido please consider signing in on the "L" rollcall thread also - I'm sure the women would be happy you did
Old Sep 18, 2010, 12:44 pm

Programs: A3-Gold FI-Gold AB-Gold
cyberwolf777 / Lucas / 25 / VIE / Vienna, Austria

I've been following FT for ages but only became a member this year...kinda got hooked recently. Well, I'm originally from Vienna, where I have spent most of my life. But you have a good chance of finding me somewhere in the triangle VIE-YUL-KEF. Part of my family lives in Montreal now and I'm somewhat involved in their business there (plus the gay nightlife is great) and Iceland is just my favourite vacation spot ever.

For the remainder of this year, aside from work-related or weekend trips I got two longer trips planned: HEL/KEF/OSL in October and YUL/MSY for the holidays. So if you're there during that time or if you're ever in Vienna, let me know.

I just reached SEN status on M&M and I try to fly LX whenever I can, it's my favourite airline, bar none. I'm still hoping for a year-round LX ZRH-KEF service and can't wait to experience their F-service on the new 333 again later this year.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 8:29 pm

Programs: Priceline Titanium
Glad you joined up, Lucas. Stick around and post (I'm dying to go to Iceland, too. Maybe next summer.)
Old Sep 19, 2010, 9:36 pm

I've been dying to go to Iceland since I wrote a school report on Iceland in the 5th grade. Besides the natural wonders and beauty, which I am most interested in, what is the cuisine like, and how is the gay scene?
Old Sep 28, 2010, 10:18 am

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Dennis / 34 / LHR / London, UK

I am a regular commuter to MOW (SVO and DME) and a frequent traveller to continental Europe with 3-4 flights across the pond each year (mostly NY and OR). Have become a dad of a beautiful daughter 3 months ago so will be less mobile in the next couple of years.

To those of you quering about Iceland I've been there on a couple of occasions and it is stunningly beautiful. Gay scene is hardly up to the standards of your average Londoner or New Yorker but then they are "geysers" not "gay-sirs" there
Old Sep 28, 2010, 11:33 am

Welcome, Dennis, and congratulations on your new arrival!
Old Oct 5, 2010, 12:15 pm

Programs: United Global Services, UA Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Chris / 32 / EWR / Hoboken, NJ/NYC

Well, I've posted enough in this forum, so I figure it was time to finally write something on here! My name is Chris and I live in Hoboken, NJ, here on the "other side" of the Hudson River, overlooking midtown-Manhattan. If you haven't visited Hoboken, come stop by...it's a great place to visit and live.

I run the R&D group for a London-based financial services company and have spent most of the last 10 years on the road. I spent a couple of years living full time in London, but have really spent most of my life living in or around NYC. I travel pretty incessantly now for, both, business and pleasure and very happy to be an inaugural CO Presidential Platinum member When I'm not in the air, I live for snowboarding, food, going out with friends, meeting new people and reading anything I can get my hands on...
Old Oct 6, 2010, 4:15 pm

Thanks for checking in, Chris - and greetings from across the Hudson
Old Oct 11, 2010, 10:50 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Update

Øyvind / 42 / KSU / Kristiansund N/ Norway

I'm in the list already (#204 in post # 3), but as I'm listed only as Norway, I thought I might update the list with a more precise location (even though my nick might in itself be a giveaway! )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.