Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Roll Call Thread Part III - Including Maps of Our Locations in 1st Post

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Roll Call Thread Part III - Including Maps of Our Locations in 1st Post

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2009, 2:13 am
Former user name: laundrian

Programs: Moderator: Traveling with Jewelry, UA GS, Starwood
Since I am suffering a bad case of insomnia tonight. I thought I would post something here.
Well, I think I did this once, but I want to make it right this time and REALLY introduce myself.

I am Nathan. I am 25 years old ( yes, that's my real age, not 15, or 30). I live in New York City. Unfortunately , I am not in IT or sales like most of people on Flyertalk. I travel to LA and SF very often (weekly). My mom recently moved back to LA, so I have a great reason and a great place to stay when I am in town.

I work in publishing. I enjoys all the finest things life has to offer. If you ever come to NYC, feel free to contact me as I would hook you up with the finest restaurants/hot spots that NY has to offer.

Big thanks to all my friends whom I made through FT. You all taught me so much about traveling. It's great to find people who love to travel as much as I do.

Lastly, thanks P,L , and R for being such amazing moderators who whipped me in shape. *wink*
Old Feb 5, 2009, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, UA 1k
Vince / 31 / BOS & SFO / Cambridge, MA & SF, CA

Hiya FTers.

I guess I'll pop in here too for an intro -- having just found this area of flyertalk today by chance.

I live in Cambridge, MA, but have been commuting 1-2 weeks / month to SFO for the past 5 years. My bf of 8 years is a grad student here, and I head up a marketing dept for a tech company there, hence the back & forth.

I'm hooked on hotwire for hotels, and have probably stayed at every 3+ star hotel on hotwire in SF, and more or less know them by heart, based on the amenities offered. So if you are visiting SFO and need to know if that 4-star hotel in Union Square is the Parc 55 (eh), the Hilton (better) or the Nikko (woot!), I'm your guy!

cheers!
Old Feb 5, 2009, 6:03 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Official welcome (or rewelcome as the case maybe) to ArtfullyUrs & squarevince!!!
Old Feb 5, 2009, 6:43 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
I always knew you like to be whipped Nathan LOL!!!
Old Feb 5, 2009, 9:41 pm

Well, I have been "cruising" (for lack of a better term) the rental car forums for about six months, and clicked on my favorites link which didn't work tonight. Lucky for me since I started from scratch and found this forum!

I'm James from Portland, OR. I'm 36 and a mortgage broker. I worked in the car rental business for 15 years so I would consider myself pretty educated about any car topic!

My partner and I love to go to Puerto Vallarta every year and are looking for new fun, relatively inexpensive locations to try!
Old Feb 6, 2009, 8:23 am

Programs: Priceline Titanium
Welcome, ExManager! We're glad you found us (lucky those old links no longer worked!) Hope you'll stick around and join in.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 7:30 am
Suspended

Hello ft'ers...nice to meet y'all

John/30/sjc/San Jose, CA

Are people's pictures also available?
Old Feb 11, 2009, 8:59 am

Welcome to the forum John -

If you look at the first post on this thread, there is a link to a few outside maps and threads where people have posted more information about themselves, including in some cases pictures.

Stick around and post, you'll find that we are a very diverse group of people of all ages and appearance, including some younger than you and less hot and some older and much hotter Since our main interest here is travel, it doesn't make much of a difference.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 9:22 am
Suspended

haha, cool, thx. i looked at that map - pretty neat. btw, i'm not hot, that's just my g. sn i hope i can find some ft'ers nearby so we can do mileage runs and whatnot together. i did my first mileage run last weekend after reading this forum, andwhile it was a great deal, and totally worth it, i bet it would be more fun to know someone on the long journey! (ok, ya...preferably young and hot hehehe)
Old Feb 12, 2009, 4:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Premier Exec. .
Tsk.... flirting on line.... whatever next!
Old Feb 12, 2009, 5:29 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Greetings from Sweden

Greetings from GOT everyone...Just a quick intro...Just your avg gay american, that happens to be cute, living in Sweden. Thank GOD for FT. My dumbness would be that soooo OUT there..hehe...I hope all is well with everyone. If you need an assistant to travel with..let me know..

Vi ses ( see you later in swedish)

Flyiboy (david)
Old Feb 12, 2009, 6:14 am

Glad to see you here, Flyiboy; vi ses på slagmarken! (I hope that works in Swedish as well as Danish!)
Old Feb 12, 2009, 6:20 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Thanks FBG...Its all good..hehe...
Old Feb 14, 2009, 3:44 am

Programs: Delta PM
Aaron / 28 / SEA / Bellevue, WA

Hey everyone. I'm Aaron, a 28 year old computer virus/spyware researcher living near Seattle. I grew up in southeast lower Michigan and I fly back there to visit family/friends and also Cedar Point, an amusement park in Ohio, a few times a year. Yes, I'm a roller coaster enthusiast, and I've been on the same coaster, named Magnum XL-200, a little shy of two thousand times now. And no, I never get tired of riding it.

I heard of mileage running a few years ago and the idea intrigued me, but I never considered starting until just recently. I lurked for a bit before registering and thought this is where I want to make my first post. I'm not a stranger to forums as I help run the forum and mange the server that a group of us friends run to help people clean malware from their PCs (and have some fun, too). We're a welcoming group, and it's nice to both find and join a forum holding the same values as we do.

From all the great info at FT, I'm taking my first two MRs in the next few weeks to try it out. (For the curious, they're SEA-ATL-CMH-DTW-SEA, followed by SEA-DTW-MEM-MSY-MEM-LAX-SEA a few weeks after.) Luckily, when I explained to my manager that I was taking these trips and said, "It's called mileage running," he cheerfully replied, "OK, now, you’re the second person I know who does this," which made getting the time off that much easier.

See ya around,
-Aaron
Old Feb 14, 2009, 11:35 am

Thanks for delurking Aaron - we're glad and flattered you did it here. Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.