Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Roll Call Thread Part III - Including Maps of Our Locations in 1st Post

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Roll Call Thread Part III - Including Maps of Our Locations in 1st Post

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2008, 2:03 pm

Programs: Priceline Titanium
Welcome to the forum, Tuscnaz! Have no fear, you're in good company. Stick around and join in the fun.
Old Sep 21, 2008, 7:05 pm

Programs: AAEXP, BASlv, UAGold, Hyatt Diam, IHG Plt, SPG Plt, HH Diam, MR Plat, CC Gold, Nat ExecElite
KevinInRI / Kevin / 35 / PVD / Providence

Well, I've already met some of you in the last few weeks in NO and NYC, but I figure I'll "offically" introduce myself...

My name is Kevin, I grew up in CT, lived in Boston for several years, and am currently living in Providence, RI. I work for a large multi-national consumer research company based in the Chicago area, and I travel about once or twice a month for work, usually at least one of those trips via air. Being based in Providence, and traveling mostly to Chicago and within the Northeast, I'm somewhat limited in my airline choices. Currently have a companion pass on Southwest, but have also gained or am close to gaining elite status with other airlines as well. I also travel quite a bit for pleasure - I usually take at least one weekend vacation every month, and have been known to fly cross-country or to Europe at a moment's notice.

For those of you who don't know much about Providence (outside of its proximity to Boston), here are a few "fun facts" about Providence and Rhode Island:
*Providence is the 36th largest metro area in the US, according to 2007 census estimates, between Charlotte and Austin, TX.
*Providence is currently the largest city in America with an openly gay mayor.
*Rhode Island is the only other state besides Nevada where prostitution is legal.
*Contrary to popular prime time cartoon comedies, there is no actual town called Quahog in Rhode Island.
*The Rhode Island state income tax return is the only state tax return with frowny faces and smiley faces.
*Rhode Island has the highest number of coffee/donut shops per capita in the country.

OK, enough trivia... anyway, I look forward to meeting more of you at upcoming events!
Old Sep 22, 2008, 7:25 am

Thanks for officially checking in Kevin - it was great to meet you in NYC!
Old Sep 22, 2008, 7:04 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP, AirTran Elite, Hertz Gold, Radisson Gold Elite
Aloha FT!

I've been a lurker here forever and figured its time to "come out". For now, just call me "hele", I'm a 29 year old gay male that lives in Ft. Lauderdale with a 'crash pad' in Honolulu, this is because of my job. I really can't talk too much about my job because they're strict on the internet policies, we aren't even supposed to have a facebook or myspace that discloses where we work. I'll just say that I work as the CEO's right hand as more of a "project manager" than anything and its rewarding work, to a point. I don't have status on any airline because my travel is a mix of revenue and non-rev flying - because of the distance I get passes from friends - and because my job requirements change by the week. I typically am in Hawai'i 4 to 5 months a year, with the balance in Florida. I don't have a firm significant other yet, but I have someone "special" in Hawai'i and adore spending time on the North Shore with him or morning jogs up Makapu'u Point (this is where the lil lighthouse on the cliff is located), and we'll occasionally hit Hulas, but because he's a DOD Civilian at Hickham, he's very conscious of our activities.

I used to be an MVP Gold with Alaska (owner has a home in Tacoma & we have a large operation there), as well as NW Gold. Right now I'm nada, cause I've been flying Southwest, AirTran, and Allegiant due to the horrid customer service policies at the airlines. I somehow maintain AvisFirst - thanks to renting cars for 2 - 4 weeks at a time in Hawai'i.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 8:43 pm

Welcome, HeleFlyer! It's good to see you've jumped into several threads already. And your Man with Job of Mystery persona is fabulous! It reminds me of Maxwell Smart Hope we'll see more of you.
Old Sep 23, 2008, 9:06 am

Programs: Alaska MVP, AirTran Elite, Hertz Gold, Radisson Gold Elite
Since when have gay men posted real names & stats online?

Actually a buddy has a stalker and found out his social security number, address, bank loans, mortgage, EVERYTHING, due to posts on some message boards.... so I'm just trying to limit too much personal data from being online.. but enough to enjoy the site and fellow FTers
Old Nov 6, 2008, 10:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum Amb, Hilton Diamond
Joe / 26 / LON / Northampton, UK

Hey everyone, I'm Joe. I'm 26 and working as the European IT manager for an industrial real-estate company that was recently acquired by the Dubai World group (bonus prizes available for anyone who can find the company based on that information - there is a cheesy picture of me on the website).

I travel within Europe for work on a fairly regular basis, I have been flung further afield in the past although now that we've been reorganised I'm not likely to go intercontinental to anywhere other than Dubai.

I was introduced to FlyerTalk by a long-standing friend who has been a member for some time.

Personal stuff, I'm currently single but my lifestyle is getting a bit less chaotic. I've just booked my first holiday on my own (SFO Jan-16 to Jan-22) so if anyone has suggestions on where to stay, where to go and what to do then please let me know!

Flight-wise I've just reached BA silver and my experience of BA wasn't tainted by Terminal 5! Ask me nicely and I'll consider telling you about when I left some... "very positive feedback" in the BA satisfaction survey for a FA on the LGW-MCO route only for the purser to read it while we were still airborne...
Old Nov 6, 2008, 1:12 pm

Welcome to the forum Joe!

Darn - you'll miss the SF Gayla by one week! Check out that thread (and the one from the prior year) for tons of SF suggestions.

Looking forward to your posts.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by Joeykins
I was introduced to FlyerTalk by a long-standing friend who has been a member for some time.
Dorothy strikes again .

Welcome along Joeykins - enjoy the ride and feel free to join in! You'll find that the BA Board will be a particularly homely place. Indeed some would go as far as to say 'cottagey' .

Now, what's this about Orlando? Did you bloom?
Old Nov 6, 2008, 9:15 pm
Former user name: laundrian

Programs: Moderator: Traveling with Jewelry, UA GS, Starwood
Nathan/ 23/ JFK/ Manhattan, NY

HI ALL

Last edited by ArtfullyUrs; Nov 7, 2008 at 8:06 am Reason: Have a different sense of humor than most.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 9:48 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

How did I miss this - Welcome laundrian
Old Nov 17, 2008, 7:12 pm

Programs: having fun
JCinNYC+1 no more

Hello everyone,

Well, do to recent events, I thought it would be a good idea to get my own FT handle....

Yes, that's right everyone's favorite loud NJite now has his own spot in the FT world....

I look forward to staying in touch with all of you, JC has promised to keep me informed on all events and even some flight specials and those all important get togethers.

I look forward to seeing you all soon!

Chris
Old Nov 17, 2008, 7:16 pm

and btw...

Originally Posted by Cann75inNJ
Hello everyone,

Well, do to recent events, I thought it would be a good idea to get my own FT handle....

Yes, that's right everyone's favorite loud NJite now has his own spot in the FT world....

I look forward to staying in touch with all of you, JC has promised to keep me informed on all events and even some flight specials and those all important get togethers.

I look forward to seeing you all soon!

Chris
Since I am new at this, I would appreciate any help and tips you all could give me....
Old Nov 17, 2008, 11:08 pm

There goes the neighborhood

itsaboutthejourney, now that Chris has found the GLBT forum, you can point him in the direction of OMNI/PR as well!
Old Nov 18, 2008, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by FlyBalletGuy
There goes the neighborhood

itsaboutthejourney, now that Chris has found the GLBT forum, you can point him in the direction of OMNI/PR as well!
What is OMNI/PR?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.