Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Roll Call Thread Part III - Including Maps of Our Locations in 1st Post

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Roll Call Thread Part III - Including Maps of Our Locations in 1st Post

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2008, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA
Stratocruzr / Strats / 44 / SFO / San Francisco

Thought I'd de-lurk and join the Roll Call.

Long time UA PremEx. Never quite qet to 1K 'cause I can never stay faithful to *A, what with CO and other AAfairs. Virtually all pleasure miles, from Port Lockroy to the Port of Sacramento.

Big likes: London, Lufthansa, and a Z fare to someplace new.

NorCal natives, my partner and I share the love of travel, but not the love of aviation. (That's where you guys come in!) Sometimes I think of leaving him back in Y to see just how long he can really stay uninterested in seat maps.
I wouldn't be harsh about it, though. I'd put him in E+.

Thanks guys for creating and maintaining this great thread and Forum!
Old May 20, 2008, 5:58 pm

Programs: Priceline Titanium
Thanks for de-lurking Stratocruzr! As long as you're not putting your partner in the unpressurized luggage hold, I think we're OK.
Old Jun 8, 2008, 6:27 pm

Hi all,

Used to fly for one of the big, bad airlines. Saw the light just before 9/11 and sought to pursue another career. Now I'm in my final years of pharmacy school....so I only travel a fraction of what I used to....for now.
Old Jun 8, 2008, 6:31 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Welcome mlcrx2b!!!
Old Aug 1, 2008, 1:39 pm

Programs: NW Platinum, NW Gold for '09
Guess it's time for me to come out of the closet as well. 32yo guy from Tampa.

Former DL staff who was "bought out" and given flight benefits for the next 10 years....woohoo
Old Aug 1, 2008, 1:56 pm

Closets are stuffy, luvsbucks. Glad to see you out in the fresh air, and I hope you'll make us all jealous with tales of free travel. Let's hope DL sticks around for a full ten years . . .
Old Aug 17, 2008, 4:33 pm

Programs: AA, AS, WN
Glenn/23/Austin, TX

I just happened to come across this thread by accident, so I'll briefly introduce myself.

My name is Glenn and I'm from and most of the time am in Austin, TX. I'm a long time lurker and post occasionally. The majority of my business flying is done transatlantic on UA or Continental, while personal travel is done mainly to the western US. Personal travel in the US-- I'm a big fan of Colorado and like to climb 14ers, as well as snowboarding. I'm also going to PDX for the first time in a few weeks and am pretty excited.

The majority of my flying is done on UA, LH, or Continental. I'm GS on United and a Plat on Continental. I work in Development/Fundraising for a large entity and also do ad sales.

Any other Austin people here? I'm always up for meeting people who share the same passions as me, such as travel.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 4:43 pm

Hey Glenn - thanks for checking in. There are definitely regulars from AUS here, I hope some of them will poke up their heads.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 4:20 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Hey everyone..have been posting here and there for the last couple months so I thought I'd formally introduce. I'm Brian (obviously)..25/ NYC/ have a wonderful BF and we are both travel/plane freaks. Travel a ton for work..mostly to Montreal/ Toronto/ Boston/ Chicago... have a lot of leisure travel planned next year - Madrid/ Marrakesh/ Tel Aviv/ Buenos Aires/ and possibly Asia (TBD) so thanks in advance for all of the great advice.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 8:27 pm

I've enjoyed your posts pitbrian, glad you checked in!

Last edited by FlyBalletGuy; Aug 24, 2008 at 8:34 pm
Old Sep 15, 2008, 3:51 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred Plus, Amex Plat
Rich / 31 / NCL / Newcastle, UK

Been on FT for a while, but somehow haven't introduced myself on here yet .

Originally from London, but managed to escape and have lived up north for about 10 years. I don't get to travel in the front seats - more likely to be found fighting my way through the boarding scrum that is a Ryanair flight.

Looking forward to meeting some of you at a DO somewhere or other. ^
Old Sep 15, 2008, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by mad_rich
Rich / 31 / NCL / Newcastle, UK

Been on FT for a while, but somehow haven't introduced myself on here yet .

Originally from London, but managed to escape and have lived up north for about 10 years. I don't get to travel in the front seats - more likely to be found fighting my way through the boarding scrum that is a Ryanair flight.

Looking forward to meeting some of you at a DO somewhere or other. ^
Haha - not quite the only FTer in the village then mad_rich?!

Nice to see you here, although the chances of a do up here in the frozen wastes of Northumbria are fairly slim, I'd have thought
Old Sep 16, 2008, 12:07 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: UA 1K, RCC; AA EXP; HH Diamond; CC Gold
Darren / 36 / LAX / North Hollywood

Helloooo,

Just found this thread and thought I'd join-in!

Brief bio: Lived in SoCal for almost a year, BUR is the most convenient airport, but usually fly out of LAX for the better fares and MRs. Grew up near ORD, went to college at DAB (literally... Embry-Riddle Aeronauticaly University), and have lived near RNO and SFO. Worked at UA briefly in the mid-90s in the elusive WHQIM, left the industry as a career, but I'm addicted to it as a hobby. Favorite destination: SYD!! Would love to live in Australia permanently.

FT is the first site I read every morning & glad I've found this thread... thanks!
Old Sep 16, 2008, 4:35 pm

Hey Darren -

Welcome, we're glad you're here too! LA has an active community of FT'ers; keep your eyes peeled for announcements of get-togethers.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors-Diamond, Marriott-Silver, SPG-Gold
Like many others I just found this forum and wanted to introduce myself. I'd been hoping all along I wasn't the only gay man on FT.

My partner of 24 years thinks I'm nuts the few times I've taken MR's, now I can let him know I'm not the only gay man that takes trips just to retain my status.

Last edited by tucsnaz; Sep 21, 2008 at 10:53 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.