Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Roll Call Thread Part III - Including Maps of Our Locations in 1st Post

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Roll Call Thread Part III - Including Maps of Our Locations in 1st Post

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2009, 1:21 pm

Dale/46/ORD/Chicago, IL

A refresher since I originally posted a long time ago:

Partnered for more than 22 years now -- it has lasted despite Jim not being at all inclined toward FTism. But then he appreciates the judicious flight choices and upgrades to snag "new" international business seats on a domestic flight on UA, etc.

I am a pension actuary by trade, with clients mostly local (at least driveable) to Chicago. As a result, my status is earned from personal flying, usually a few TATL trips each winter weekends.

2009 may see me drop to 2P from 1P on UA. Training for Ironman Louisville on Aug 30 on top of work seems to be putting travel on the back burner this year. (Maybe we can do a mini-Gayla with the SDF crew?) But I did grab one of the good fares to OZ for a March weekend to ensure at least 2P -- need to keep access to E+, though bye-bye exit rows and *G lounges!
Old Mar 15, 2009, 9:56 pm

Programs: DL FO, BA, AA
Hi, Friends,

New to FT (much more of an a.net fan) but trying this out. My BF (pitbrian) loves FT, and I'm excited to see how this all works--especially the Dos! Hope to get to meet some of you in Munich this fall or in NYC beforehand...28, work in finance in Manhattan, travel a bit for work and more for fun...will try to post more soon!
Old Mar 17, 2009, 4:17 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Originally Posted by Creon224
Hi, Friends,

New to FT (much more of an a.net fan) but trying this out. My BF (pitbrian) loves FT, and I'm excited to see how this all works--especially the Dos! Hope to get to meet some of you in Munich this fall or in NYC beforehand...28, work in finance in Manhattan, travel a bit for work and more for fun...will try to post more soon!
Welcome to FT.....have you check out FaceBook yet...Look under the group section for Flyertalk GLBT..

Flyiboy
David Rorke
Old Mar 17, 2009, 5:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Premier Exec. .
Flyertalk GLBT on Facebook? I am a member of the full Flyertalk group on Facebook but can't see a GLBT one.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 8:20 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Welcome Creon224!!!
Old Mar 19, 2009, 4:01 pm

Programs: Priceline Titanium
Hey Creon (handle tres classique et royal! Just don't go executing anyone, OK?) it was great to meet you at Therapy with Pitbrian a while back. It's nice to see the New York contingent getting social and since several of us live near Therapy, that's great.

And I'll miss you at PSP dfwoods and hope we meet up for a hike or a drink on a future Gayla! Knock 'em dead in Louisville!
Old Mar 25, 2009, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Creon224
Hi, Friends,

^^^

Glad to see you posting, welcome and don't forget to come here more often!
Old Mar 26, 2009, 9:40 am

Smile Best seats on Af

Need some help my friends..
Flying AF on 16 Aug CDG-IAD 777-200. What is the best seat to get in biz?

The return on a A340 with the 7th row of biz..

Thanks
David
Old Mar 26, 2009, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Flyiboy

Thanks
David
I suggest you take a look at the Flying Blue forum and ask the question there if you can't find the answer.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 12:19 pm

Sadly, Ive already Done that got with no reply
Old Apr 2, 2009, 11:50 am

Hi Everyone,

My name is Mike and I am 25 and living in Tokyo. I have been on FT for a few months and recognize some names from other forums like Hyatt, but this is my first post here.

My boyfriend lives in Bangkok and I just returned from my first visit there where we had a great time together. We will both be traveling between NRT and BKK as often as we can now.

Anyway, just thought I would say hello and also join this Forum.

-Mike
Old Apr 2, 2009, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by Flyiboy

Thanks
David
On the 777-200 the business cabin is divided by a lavatory/galley area in the middle. I prefer to sit in the front "mini" cabin because it feels smaller and is also closer to the exit which is handy for getting out the door quickly so you can get through customs fast (VERY important arriving at NRT where they use the 777-200 as well)

I like the middle row of that cabin, which I see from the seat map is row four. My personal choice is middles section aisle seat, as there is a reduced chance someone will be crossing over your seat to get up and move around.

On 777s with three middle seats in C class, there is also a relatively high likelihood of finding the middle seat to be empty if the aircraft is not full- because it`s usually an undesirable seat unless a group of three wants to sit together- when the middle seat is empty, an aisle seat in the middle section has best personal space and aisle access.

If traveling with someone window and aisle together of course is best!

Sorry never been on an AF A340.

-Mike
Old Apr 2, 2009, 1:33 pm

Welcome to GLBT MikeFromTokyo - I've "seen" you around the Hyatt forum
Old Apr 3, 2009, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
On the 777-200 the business cabin is divided by a lavatory/galley area in the middle. I prefer to sit in the front "mini" cabin because it feels smaller and is also closer to the exit which is handy for getting out the door quickly so you can get through customs fast (VERY important arriving at NRT where they use the 777-200 as well)

I like the middle row of that cabin, which I see from the seat map is row four. My personal choice is middles section aisle seat, as there is a reduced chance someone will be crossing over your seat to get up and move around.

On 777s with three middle seats in C class, there is also a relatively high likelihood of finding the middle seat to be empty if the aircraft is not full- because it`s usually an undesirable seat unless a group of three wants to sit together- when the middle seat is empty, an aisle seat in the middle section has best personal space and aisle access.

If traveling with someone window and aisle together of course is best!

Sorry never been on an AF A340.

-Mike

Mike,
Thanks for the information...welcome....catch me on Facebook

David Rorke
Old Apr 21, 2009, 9:13 pm

Programs: United 1K; AA EXP; Delta Plat Medallion; Starwood Plat
Been on Flyertalk for awhile but spend most of my time in the Mileage Run Forum, coming up with ways to circle the globe on weekends. Didn't realise until recently that there was a GLBT Forum. Spend part of my time in CMH and part in HNL. Anyone traveling to Australia in May? Doing a quick trip to Melbourne over Memorial weekend and another to Sydney in Sept.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.