Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Roll Call Thread Part III - Including Maps of Our Locations in 1st Post

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Roll Call Thread Part III - Including Maps of Our Locations in 1st Post

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2010, 9:02 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Welcome Henry43!!!!
Old Feb 11, 2010, 10:54 am

Programs: UA 1K
Live in NYC (Upper West Side), weekends in the Berkshires usually (Western Mass). Partnered for 20 yrs this Sept.
I'm 43 and the international in-house counsel for a financial svcs company. Take several business trips per year to Latin America, and at least one to Asia/Pac, Europe (usually London), Canada (Toronto) and Bermuda. Usually take a few trips to S. Fl (any other fans on Alexander's Key West on here ?) and the odd tag-along vacation on a business trip. Partner just took a job with a fair amount of international travel to places neither of us has been (Africa, Indonesia, Central America (we've been to Panama)) so he's hopefully going to start to post on here soon too. I've been lurking around this board for a while and think it's great - looking forward to more reading and posting in the future.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 12:34 pm

Programs: Priceline Titanium
Welcome, neighbor! (I'm near Columbus Circle.) Glad you decided to post.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 5:47 pm

And here's another one (Morningside Heights)! My partner and I have lived here for the past 42 years, but he will no longer go south of 59th St., so my exotic travels are mostly with friends.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 5:54 pm

Glad to hear from you Track - I've always considered going above 96th Street to be heading Up North.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Diamond; Marriott Gold
Well I thought it appropriate that my first post is in this forum. My name is Jeff, I am 26 and live in Long Beach. I fly most frequently between LAX and SAF.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 8:45 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Welcome jeffybean!!!
Old Mar 7, 2010, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Smile Marc / 45 / FLL or MIA / Ft. Lauderdale, FL

I'm Marc, 45 years old, a university academic administrator in south Florida. I travel a lot, and about 80% is personal travel and 20% is work-related. It takes a lot of traveling to maintain AA EXP status, especially when I only get about 15,000 miles per year from work-related trips! I do a lot of creative routing, take advantage of special miles offers, and zip over to Europe or South America for a lot of long weekend pleasure trips. I haven't done any true mileage runs yet, but this year I may have to do a few to keep EXP; we will see how that goes. Are there any other south Florida AA members here looking to do some MRs? If so, drop me a note!

I've also become quite adept at using Priceline for hotel deals all over the world. I love Priceline for hotels as its kindof like gambling, except you can never technically "lose" money. If you know all the ins and outs of it (as I'm sure many in here do), you can work through the techniques to get great properties for usually 30-50% less than the lowest rates available elsewhere.

I just found this sub-group today, but I've been a reader of Flyertalk for about two years. I just formally registered during the past year and the site has been very helpful.

One piece of personal travel trivia, my first flight ever was a short 100 mile hop from CVG to LEX on June 2, 1983. Our takeoff at CVG was delayed considerably on the runway while one of the major air disasters of US aviation history took place before our eyes. As we waited, an Air Canada jet was visible landing with flames and smoke rolling out the fuselage. Many people died in the disaster and it changed regulations to require more flame retardant materials in planes. My plane took off afterwords, which made me extremely anxious after seeing this mess on my first flight!

On a lighter note, my favorite European destination is Spain (I've been about 11 times) and coincidentally I'm heading there again on Tuesday for about 5 days. I look forward to reading and seeing what others have to say on this forum.

Marc
Old Mar 8, 2010, 6:57 am

Glad you found us, Marc, and looking forward to your contributions.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 12:53 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Premier Plat (1.2 MM), Hertz PC, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, GE
Mike / 46 / LAX / Redondo Beach, CA

Have been on FT for a while now but just started checking this forum out recently. Mainly travel between LAX and IAD and ORD with some occasional trips to Asia. Visited SYD for the first time last year and really loved it. Hope to be able to explore more of Australia and Europe on future trips.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 8:14 am

Welcome, UA Mike! Glad you found us. How funny, I was just in Redondo Beach last weekend. Via the Metro, no less.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 3:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
Sam/ 23 / DCA / The District

Hi everyone!

Finally ventured over to the GLBT forum and wanted to say hi. My name is Sam, and I live and work in DC. I work at a non-profit doing trainings and creating tools around political data and election administration; in other words, I'm a professional nerd. I love my job.

I recently joined DL from the NW side (grew up in Wisconsin), but have been flirting with the Star Alliance lately. They're just so promiscuous with their small european airlines that I'm scared to make a commitment.

My travel is about one-third work and two-thirds personal: I travel at every opportunity I can get. I'm a big transportation nerd in general. On vacation—when I'm not eating good food (the primary purpose of my life)—you'll probably find me riding around on a tram.

Happy travels.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 4:37 pm

Welcome, Sam! Glad you found us, and shared your thoughts about promiscuity and committment . . . in alliances!
Old Apr 7, 2010, 8:18 pm

I live in Washington, D.C., but spend a decent amount of time in New York City. I don't fly as often as I would like, but I take the Shuttle up to LGA often enough. Other than that occasional trips to random places in the US & elsewhere.

I'm 23, love living in DC, love aviation and urban issues!
Old Apr 9, 2010, 1:02 pm

A belated welcome, Washingtonian - I hope you'll check in and post!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.