Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Roll Call Thread Part III - Including Maps of Our Locations in 1st Post

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Roll Call Thread Part III - Including Maps of Our Locations in 1st Post

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2009, 2:30 pm

Programs: Priceline Titanium
It's good you found your way down here, Upperdeck744. Stick around and post.

There's an "itineraries" thread that people do check - try searching it and posting your dates there.
Old May 2, 2009, 3:35 am

Ken / 47 / DRW / Darwin

Hi Another Newbie here.
Based in Darwin, Top End of Australia. I work for a company which operates in remote aboriginal communities in Central and Northern Australia. Although most of my travelling is by 4X4, i do regular trips to Alice Springs, Cairns and Perth on QF. Also many flights via light aircraft. Originally from Sydney, so often travel back there to catch up with friends, and also have family in Brisbane.
I get up to 8 weeks leave a year, so plenty of opportunity for travel. I usually travel to Singapore from Darwin and then onto wherever takes my pleasure......Am currently a trip to Singapore and Thailand via Melbourne in August and then Europe in November. Would like to make platinum status QFF this year. Oh yeah, single...
Old May 2, 2009, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Well i should probably introduce myself. I think I said hi a while back but that was it. I'm 26 and live in NYC (for now). I'm not originally from the US, but i finished college back home and moved here. And yep looking for work. Slowly becoming acquainted with the gay scene here, not out really, except to 1 straight friend (and a bunch of gay people, lol). Anyway that's me. Oh and i'm a UA flyer I've met a variety of FTers over the years and looking fwd to meeting more.

j
Old May 3, 2009, 10:48 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
J,
Welcome. Sit back and enjoy your ride. If you need anthing, please ask

David
Old May 3, 2009, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by Flyiboy
J,
Welcome. Sit back and enjoy your ride. If you need anthing, please ask

David
Where do i begin? A job would be nice, as would something else, but not exactly the right place to be looking for it

j
Old May 4, 2009, 7:09 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Welcome kennycbr & jmuzz!!!!
Old May 5, 2009, 5:24 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
Hi all - I've been lurking mainly the Miles forums and posting sporadically for quite a while, but just discovered this forum and thread!

I'm 27, single, grew up in SAN but went to school in BOS and spent the last 4 years working in consumer products marketing in CVG. I just quit my job, took a cross country trip for a month, and redeemed some miles for a 4 month RTW journey, which I'm half way through! (SAN-GRU-JNB-IST-BKK-SYD-SAN) I'll be going back to school in the fall, in EIN (Eindhoven, Netherlands)

I've been 1P on UA for probably about 7 years now, but I think I might drop to no status at the end of the year due to using miles for my travel this year! I've also been HHonors Gold for a few years now mainly due to Amex spending, but again I might by status-less next year since I'm not sure I can continue the spending now I'm back to being a student!
Old May 5, 2009, 5:36 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Smile

Greetings flaii. Welcome here..I hope your RTW is going well..Any bloggs or picutres to show..Be safe..

David

www.twitter.com/flyiboy
Old May 5, 2009, 6:59 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Skymiles, EleVAte founding member, SPG
Originally Posted by jmuzz
Well i should probably introduce myself. I think I said hi a while back but that was it. I'm 26 and live in NYC (for now). I'm not originally from the US, but i finished college back home and moved here. And yep looking for work. Slowly becoming acquainted with the gay scene here, not out really, except to 1 straight friend (and a bunch of gay people, lol). Anyway that's me. Oh and i'm a UA flyer I've met a variety of FTers over the years and looking fwd to meeting more.
Us NYC Flyertalkers can be a pretty crazy bunch. Think you might come to our Gayla here in the fall?
Old May 5, 2009, 8:03 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Welcome flaii - too bad you just discovered "us" since I'm in CVG also
Old May 5, 2009, 8:36 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Flyiboy
Greetings flaii. Welcome here..I hope your RTW is going well..Any bloggs or picutres to show..Be safe..

David

www.twitter.com/flyiboy
Flyiboy - thanks for the welcome! Here's my blog: www.pickledelisquare.com Feel free to check it out.

peteropny - thanks for the welcome too! Yes, too bad we missed each other. I had a nice time living in CVG (just posted about it in another thread in this forum), and do miss a lot of it, but it was time to move on.
Old May 5, 2009, 3:50 pm

Welcome to all - hope you can make the NYC Gayla jmuzz (it's in Mid October) and I hope you'll report on your global circumnavigation, flaii!
Old May 8, 2009, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by wiredboy10003
Us NYC Flyertalkers can be a pretty crazy bunch. Think you might come to our Gayla here in the fall?
I just might assuming i'm still around

j
Old May 12, 2009, 1:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1PMM; JetSmarter; HHonors Gold
Hi all, not sure how I go about this, but I recently changed locations. Is there any way to change my location in the roll call.

Old location: Raleigh, NC, USA
New location: Paris, France.

Cheers
Old May 12, 2009, 2:12 pm

Poof! I used my magic super moderator power tiara and fixed it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.