Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Plus will get ”fantastic new improvements”

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair Plus will get ”fantastic new improvements”

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2018, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Trav1970
I would really hope that reducing earnings of I class is not in AY's plans. When Lufthansa introduced reduced earnings for their Z class, that also marked the end of me using Lufthansa (haven't actually purchased a single business class ticket from them ever since).
That single change for Z & P class earnings drove me back first to OW (and BA's enhancements then back to Y) I flew LH twice in the last 4-5 years, not once in longhaul (being SEN for several years before that)
Old Feb 6, 2018, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
While true, the number of Lumos is so small from broader business perspective that I dont think that is going to happen. Pissing off mortal Plats would simply be the most stupid thing AY could do after Lumo intro..
My thoughts exactly - sub-100 Lumos won't rock the boat for Platskus.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
I have now tested the brand new Lumo service. I requested to book domestic award tickets on short notice on flights were availability was not great. Request cleared 18 minutes after the call.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 1:31 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by ffay005
I'm pretty sure CS notifies Revenue management of the tier when they make requests. Isn't that the whole point of the requests and the better likelihood for upgrades to clear when you're Plat/Gold?
Waitlisted points/voucher upgrades are only available to tier customers in the first place. So revenue management can assume they are for tier customers - in the worst case, they just don't know what tier.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, OWE
About waitlisting....I always work around the waitlist by changing my flight dates +-1 day so that I'm never waitlisted, always straight upgrade. (Only once have there been a situation where 3 days in a row of flights were 0 upgrades available.)
Old Feb 12, 2018, 10:17 pm

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by The_Director
About waitlisting....I always work around the waitlist by changing my flight dates +-1 day so that I'm never waitlisted, always straight upgrade. (Only once have there been a situation where 3 days in a row of flights were 0 upgrades available.)
Sounds good, but it is not always that easy. Sometimes ones plans are just not flexible enough and then there are also specific route issues. Booked flights for the family to SIN 10 month out (with pretty flexible dates), but still couldn't find a any return pairs, where there would have been three upgrade availability (used the 50K return platinum perk to upgrade the rest of the family), so ended up waitlisting them. Though AY was amazing, as ALL upgrades cleared within 30 minutes.
FFlash likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 4:47 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others

Tuesday's soft perk in the lounge.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 1:00 am

Programs: AY LUMO
How they know Top Tier Lumo is coming to the lounge?
Old Feb 14, 2018, 1:10 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
How they know Top Tier Lumo is coming to the lounge?
I would hope they know that Lumos are or are not flying that day OR their IT is worse then we thought

Personally I like this sort of effort 👍 LH does the same for HON!
Old Feb 14, 2018, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
I would hope they know that Lumos are or are not flying
Yes ,We hope they know Lumo is flying but how they know Lumo is coming to lounge?
Old Feb 14, 2018, 1:22 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Yes ,We hope they know Lumo is flying but how they know Lumo is coming to lounge?
They are just taking care of them incase they decide to come 👍 making sure they have a seat IF they choose to come 👍
Old Feb 14, 2018, 1:25 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Instead of making a real premium lounge they put tacky laser print A4 papers on chairs?

Seriously, I doubt that is a lumo perk, that is just for some hot shot.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 1:30 am

Last week i saw chair in Schengen Lounge and was occupied like that and I thought the chair was wet or somehow "grounded".

Next question, how Lumo knows there is A4 -chair waiting for His/Her Majesty?
Old Feb 14, 2018, 1:41 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Last week i saw chair in Schengen Lounge and was occupied like that and I thought the chair was wet or somehow "grounded".

Finnair uses latest Finnish technology, copy-paper with built-in bluetooth. Paper will glow and simulate aurora borealis when lumo approaches!
Trav1970 and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 1:46 am

Very simply. The receptionist welcomes the Lumo by mentioning that a seat is reserved.
Of course in my case yesterday the lounge was half empty anyway...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.