Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Plus will get ”fantastic new improvements”

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair Plus will get ”fantastic new improvements”

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2018, 1:57 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Please lets continue running here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finn...unners-67.html
Old Feb 16, 2018, 2:05 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Is there Sir Intuition planning a massive segment run?
Do we see Sir running to OUL? No lounge there but I can buy You tasteful and fresh Finnish Juhla Mokka.
Well the mokka actually makes it more interesting! But I will barely make plat this season, Uleåborg won't help me.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 1:11 am

Programs: Finnair Plat
Originally Posted by CeruleanBlue
WHY would anybody want to fly to OUL and back? Except for the price of course... but why OUL? What planes do they fly there? How interesting is the airport for a layover?
"The best thing in Oulu is the last flight back to Helsinki" was the guidance from by boss when I started to work there long time ago. Maybe it is not that bad anymore?
CeruleanBlue likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 2:44 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by napapiiri
My Lumo welcome gift arrived today. Just in time to test it on my flights tomorrow.
Sounds good!
Well, myself always craving for that Rimowa, perhaps Tumi does well too. Which model is that again? Just for browsing the model features.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: AY Lumo, AF Platinum
Tumi V3 international carry on. So far, so good.
FFlash likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 1:32 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Lumo Tumi looks fine, saw it today live in front of me. Also the Lumo recognition appeared to work fluently. Double seat blocking in a full plane (1B with empty 1A&C), myself in 2B with no seat block as low Plat. Lumo snack offerred in addition to drink...
Old Feb 17, 2018, 1:38 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Ukki
Double seat blocking in a full plane (1B with empty 1A&C), myself in 2B with no seat block as low Plat...
Plat in a middle seat by own choice..must not happen every year..or did you book at the very last minute and _nothing_ else free..?!
Old Feb 17, 2018, 2:06 pm
HJP

Programs: AY+ Gold
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat

Plat in a middle seat by own choice..must not happen every year..or did you book at the very last minute and _nothing_ else free..?!
I have always the middle seat when travelling as couple with my better half... otherwise there is no chance for seat block (she's only AY Silver).
Old Feb 17, 2018, 5:58 pm

Exactly, with the better half in C...
Old Feb 17, 2018, 9:50 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Ok, no mention before it was family booking/travels..("me/myself" made me think it was solo..)
Old Mar 8, 2018, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Well, I might not have made the first batch of 93 Lumo members, but I'm quite sure I must be the first one to REQUALIFY for Lumo (given that the first 93 had their membership year reset in February)

This must be such an unexpected turn of events, that even AY+ is not ready for it. When my qualification year starting last week, I got an email welcoming me to Lumo and including a link to order the Tumi gift spinner.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 12:21 am

Programs: AY+ Plat
One fantastic new improvement seems to be that you can't earn AY award points from Hilton Honors after April 2.

In true Finnair fashion, this was announced / buried deep on the Finnair Plus HHonors subpage, but announced in caps:

PLS NOTICE! FROM APRIL 2ND IT IS NO LONGER POSSIBLE TO EARN FINNAIR PLUS POINTS FROM HILTON.
Amateurish ...
Old Mar 12, 2018, 2:02 am

It is very sad to hear that HHonors will be out from the AY partnerhip. Double dipping was indeed a very nice way to commit for HH...
Old Mar 12, 2018, 2:29 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Problem is - AY+ program need more hotel partners, not fewer.

It seems as they prefer the kick-back options from booking engines over deeper relationship directly with chains. For example, a few years back there was a lot of activity with Accor and that has died out completely.

There is nothing wrong with having diverse point earning options but I think there should be at least one nordic and one global chain tied to the program. Such relationship should go beyond simple earn/burn, like offering comped status, campaigns and so on.

-- Added
Campaigning is missing in the program entirely. I whish they start working with the program partners on an ongoing basis. Not just signing up partners for simple earn/burn but also do special offers and campaigning to promote partners. This will make the AY+ program stronger - SK EB is doing a bit of this and it makes program feel much more alive.

Last edited by intuition; Mar 12, 2018 at 2:35 am
Old Mar 12, 2018, 4:37 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Well, this isn’t really AY’s problem, as Hilton Honors simply axed double dipping and earning airline miles altogether.
oliver2002 and florens like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.