Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Plus will get ”fantastic new improvements”

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair Plus will get ”fantastic new improvements”

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:20 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by lkrt
Well, this isn’t really AY’s problem, as Hilton Honors simply axed double dipping and earning airline miles altogether.
Indeed. Accor has been a lost case long before. Maybe they are shaping the program up to be of real value to the loyals.

OT: This easy reading gives insight to Hhonors changes to come: https://loyaltylobby.com/2018/01/08/...uble-dip-gone/ or this (as only verification for above): http://thegate.boardingarea.com/now-...hilton-honors/

After 40 nites, a giveaway Gold and a hefty bonus points for each stay... after 60 nites a giveaway Diamond and even a heftier bonus points after each stay... nite roll over to the next year... But the US credit card companies, mostly Amex will make it certain that the entire program with perks will remain a mess up. Hope they would skip handing out Diam status to every moderate spender (definitely not BIG spender) and exclude it from everyone for life having voted Trump! /OT.

OOT: Did You know that the domestic OP Visa Plat also gives a PP Prest card - only one card and only for the sole holder for the visit. As opposed to Amex plat with second card to spouse and one guest each for free whenever. /OOT.

Last edited by TTL; Mar 12, 2018 at 6:39 am
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:47 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Why not consult the source directly, insted of reading badly copy/paste editing from bloggers monetizing?

Hilton Honors member 2018 updates | New ways to earn Points
Old Mar 12, 2018, 7:05 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by intuition
Why not consult the source directly, insted of reading badly copy/paste editing from bloggers monetizing?

Hilton Honors member 2018 updates New ways to earn Points
Because the bloggers have much more insight to these things, than mere commentators or ignorant FFers...

Last edited by TTL; Mar 13, 2018 at 12:25 am
Old Mar 12, 2018, 8:48 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
deleted

Last edited by intuition; Mar 12, 2018 at 8:49 am Reason: never mind...
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Originally Posted by TTL
OOT: Did You know that the domestic OP Visa Plat also gives a PP Prest card - only one card and only for the sole holder for the visit. As opposed to Amex plat with second card to spouse and one guest each for free whenever. /OOT.
Just a minor correction: I have a Priorioty Pass card thru OP banking package and it comes with one quest allowance.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by HELboy
One fantastic new improvement seems to be that you can't earn AY award points from Hilton Honors after April 2.

In true Finnair fashion, this was announced / buried deep on the Finnair Plus HHonors subpage, but announced in caps:

Amateurish ...
In line with this, just got email reminding me of the raffle to play and use partners, with Hilton!! as example
Old Mar 12, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by FFlash
In line with this, just got email reminding me of the raffle to play and use partners, with Hilton!! as example
I had Scandic as example.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 2:10 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by Jainzar
I had Scandic as example.
I use Scandic often, but points seldom get credited automatically. And it is a pain to fax in a copy of the receipt as we don't even have a fax at our office anymore.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 3:14 pm
Moderator, Finnair

So they have scheduled a 4h AY+ systems down-time after midnight today. So are they preparing our accounts for the next new amazing features?

So far I'm not exactly ecstatic. We've gotten improvements for the absolute top and for the really infrequent flyers (lumo tier for 93 pax and non-expiring points if active). They've hinted a points-pooling option is coming and some changes to junior program.
Well, we already can "pool" family points, because we can redeem for family members or we can transfer points between accounts. I assume this friends pooling system will not charge money so a small benefit, but not any "life-changing" news.
As for junior, unless they add junior tiers, I'm not sure there are many major changes to be done. And again, juniors are not a major stakeholder in the program.

I am beginning to think this program revamp is aimed at fixing some smaller issues. Making it more attractive for infrequent flyers, giving something to the extreme flyers but that might be it?

I've been complaining that there is not much to strive towards for the "normal" frequent flyer. The golds and the platinums. Lumo is not aimed at them - the jump from 150k to 450k is too large to trigger anything for most plats. Lifetime is also not for "normal" golds and plats, with the 30+ years of flying needed.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 8:43 am
Moderator, Finnair

...and... ... ... ... april has come and no news on the program renewal. I feel the wait is "amazingly" long for these "fantastic" improvements.

In other news I've notices that QR has announced their new junior program with tiers.
Kids Loyalty Programme

Privilege Club would love to welcome your child(ren) to become members of our specially designed Kids Loyalty programme. Your children will be able to earn Qpoints and also upgrade to a higher tier with exclusive benefits.

So, will Finnair+ come out ahead of or behind the curve?

Last edited by intuition; Apr 4, 2018 at 8:55 am
Old Apr 18, 2018, 7:55 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Something is coming, I think, just logged in to our Junior's account and the tier is now called/spelled "Junoir" and there's also retrospectively amended 12 month tracking period now with points from Dec 1st 2017 calculated as tier points and also tier segments listed..nothing about how much to next tier or anything like that..
Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Something is coming, I think, just logged in to our Junior's account and the tier is now called/spelled "Junoir" and there's also retrospectively amended 12 month tracking period now with points from Dec 1st 2017 calculated as tier points and also tier segments listed..nothing about how much to next tier or anything like that..
”JUNOIR” has been there at least since January, probably longer... 😀
Old Apr 18, 2018, 9:31 am
Moderator, Finnair

To bad, I think a NOIR card would be very welcome...
FFlash likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 9:41 am

My junior is also having 30000+ tier points which he should not have...
Old Apr 24, 2018, 5:59 am

They promised more news in April, so they have a week to go still..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.