Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Plus will get ”fantastic new improvements”

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair Plus will get ”fantastic new improvements”

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2018, 1:35 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
how much does life time lumo has to fly?
Old Feb 2, 2018, 1:36 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by Clydez
how much does life time lumo has to fly?
Heh, if it is also three times Plat requirement.. 15,000,000 tier points.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 1:39 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by Tapio
That European 10k round-trip upgrade for family members is a new addition for Platinum. It is not even April so what else fancy new enhancements or enhancements we will see!
This European upgrade benefit has actually been among Platinum benefits for at least over a year now (so probably even much longer).
Steve_Hun and Tapio like this.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 2:10 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by Tapio
As a fresh Platinum member I thought that Wi-Fi is complementary for Platinum members when available. Does this mean that for example in A330 planes it is not complementary? Is this now an enhancement?
The text has been there for quite some time. You get complementary wifi nevertheless also on the other planes that have wifi.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
As I got no reply in 10 hrs for my email (negative record) I contacted online chat, now they seem to have quite an issue answering my "simple" question I guess they can't find anyone who even thought of this scenario beforehand.

After 35 minutes - we have no clue, another department is looking into it, we'll get back to you asap. Not a promising start

Last edited by WilcoRoger; Feb 2, 2018 at 6:10 am
Old Feb 2, 2018, 7:14 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
As I got no reply in 10 hrs for my email (negative record) I contacted online chat, now they seem to have quite an issue answering my "simple" question I guess they can't find anyone who even thought of this scenario beforehand.

After 35 minutes - we have no clue, another department is looking into it, we'll get back to you asap. Not a promising start
I would be surprised if they would not allow you to close the tier point gap by exchanging award points. So I will place my bet that there will be a positive end-result!
Old Feb 2, 2018, 7:44 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold

Hopefully it will be sorted out soon for you.

They have some serious backlog with emails at the moment, including the plat desk..I also sent them an email yesterday after CX messed up with my booking (changed date/flight numbers on their own!?) ..no reply in 24hrs and I called them as I was worried about fare class availability on the correct flights. All sorted out now but they were really sorry about the email queue they have..wonder what is going on..
Old Feb 2, 2018, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

.....drumrollllll... it's done. (thanks our resident AY Rep, Karolina ^)

No reply received yet, but I'm Lumo #94 (??) - probably under 100 anyway.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
I just received an email from Finnair regarding the Lumo welcome gift. It is a Tumi V3 International Carry On. ^
Old Feb 2, 2018, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I kinda hope it would be AY branded (I don't know if Tumieven does it)
Trav1970 likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 9:45 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
.....drumrollllll... it's done. (thanks our resident AY Rep, Karolina ^)

No reply received yet, but I'm Lumo #94 (??) - probably under 100 anyway.
Was it established that normal rules applies when it comes to tier points exchange (ie half of what is needed can be exchanged?
Or does the 350k set the bar (ie 350 need to be flown on AY) so a maximum of 100k can be exchanged?
Or yet another set of rules?

And congrats, by the way. I know this comeback to AY now really feels good for you !!
Old Feb 2, 2018, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, no discussions about rules - the 240=>80k conversion was just done. It's nearly within normal Plat rules, even. Logically though, there'd be no use to change 100k+ tier points, because if one doesn't have the required 350k AY TPs, no Lumo. The 350k AY points are a go/no go switch

Yeah, who'd have thought that BA's silly (then) new rules about GGL would push me to such heights at AY

Some more remarks:

I went to claim the 100k gift for breaking the 400k barrier, let's seeif they post as normal.

Also, for qualifying I got a full set of vouchers + gift golds, expiring this month (end of my tracking period) I went to burn the 4 longhauls to waitlist 4 Asian flights and burnt 6 sh vouchers to a) convert a reward booking into a 2-4-1 and claiming back 24k points and b) to upgrade same flights.
I expect another set in 4 weeks time, when the new period starts.

So if all goes according to plan, the total layout will be 240-100-24=116k award points. Now it looks like an extremely good deal.
tsastor, ffay005 and Tapio like this.

Last edited by WilcoRoger; Feb 2, 2018 at 10:21 am
Old Feb 2, 2018, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Trav1970

Evening's performers, including host Mikko Leppilampi.
Are... are they bowing down for his miler highness Trav1970?
Old Feb 2, 2018, 10:33 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others

No, no discussions about rules - the 240=>80k conversion was just done. It's nearly within normal Plat rules, even. Logically though, there'd be no use to change 100k+ tier points, because if one doesn't have the required 350k AY TPs, no Lumo. The 350k AY points are a go/no go switch

Yeah, who'd have thought that BA's silly (then) new rules about GGL would push me to such heights at AY

Some more remarks:

I went to claim the 100k gift for breaking the 400k barrier, let's seeif they post as normal.

Also, for qualifying I got a full set of vouchers + gift golds, expiring this month (end of my tracking period) I went to burn the 4 longhauls to waitlist 4 Asian flights and burnt 6 sh vouchers to a) convert a reward booking into a 2-4-1 and claiming back 24k points and b) to upgrade same flights.
I expect another set in 4 weeks time, when the new period starts.

So if all goes according to plan, the total layout will be 240-100-24=116k award points. Now it looks like an extremely good deal.
Agree, the conversion efficiency in your case is good, but not quite as good as the Quiz promises
Old Feb 2, 2018, 2:22 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
They had this for us lowly normal Plats in the distant past also, so definitely something that fits Lumo.
Haha! Anyone else remember when GOLD was the highest tier? At that time Golds had this benefit IIRC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.