Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HiFly is back!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2016, 5:02 am

Programs: AK MVP Gold, EK Gold, LH Silver, Hyatt Gold, BW Gold, Avis Preferred, NationalCar Emerald
Originally Posted by DALtoAAL
This was the way for me to get onboard this "beautiful" HiFly product, except that that I'm EXP on AA...no love from either carrier (AA or AY) regarding rerouting, but AY did pay pretty nice 800€ compensation after some fighting, so that made the situation little bit more bearable in the end.
That would make things a little more bearable - how did you achieve that?
Old Nov 2, 2016, 6:34 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
I lost my Y+ seats due to this equipment change.

Now I have seats on row 20 and 50 (inbound), are they any good?
I'm also waitlisted to J, but I not too confident that they will clear.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 7:05 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Got a call back from BA today (same agent as I spoke to on Monday), and I've been able to rebook.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 2:16 pm

Programs: AFKL PLT, BA Gold, SK Gold, AY Gold, A3 Silver, LH FTL, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by planet_erg
That would make things a little more bearable - how did you achieve that?
That 800EUR was per person. Initially, they were offering 300EUR compensation for everyone, who accepted the change to HiFly. First they refused the to pay us the compensation (reasoning that since we were on AA award tickets, none of their business..?!), then they agreed to pay, then they changed the amount to 150EUR pp, after which I escalated the claim in their hierarchy to the next level, which then agreed to pay the original amount of 300EUR pp. And all this before we even set foot on the HiFly aircraft. After the flight I sent in another complaint due to pure crap experience, and they agreed to pay 100EUR more pp without any questions.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 4:57 pm

I am just so sad that Finnair has messed it all up with HiFly and related
Old Nov 3, 2016, 6:06 am

Programs: AK MVP Gold, EK Gold, LH Silver, Hyatt Gold, BW Gold, Avis Preferred, NationalCar Emerald
Originally Posted by DALtoAAL
That 800EUR was per person. Initially, they were offering 300EUR compensation for everyone, who accepted the change to HiFly. First they refused the to pay us the compensation (reasoning that since we were on AA award tickets, none of their business..?!), then they agreed to pay, then they changed the amount to 150EUR pp, after which I escalated the claim in their hierarchy to the next level, which then agreed to pay the original amount of 300EUR pp. And all this before we even set foot on the HiFly aircraft. After the flight I sent in another complaint due to pure crap experience, and they agreed to pay 100EUR more pp without any questions.
Thanks, I am going to call them today and try this. It still is not my preferred option, and I am desperate to re-route....
Old Nov 4, 2016, 4:12 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
My UG was cleared and I chose row 1 and middle seats,
any experiences regarding the seating in this plane?
Old Nov 5, 2016, 1:52 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
AY has responded to the customer care request that I actually never made, offering either 50€ or 5000 award points for suffering HiFly, presumably for the round trip (though it's not very explicit).

I guess I would still rather rebook (to a later date), but need to convince AA...

Or will AA enhance AY+ earnings in the mean time? :/

Last edited by Courmisch; Nov 5, 2016 at 1:58 am
Old Nov 5, 2016, 3:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by Courmisch
AY has responded to the customer care request that I actually never made, offering either 50€ or 5000 award points for suffering HiFly, presumably for the round trip (though it's not very explicit).

I guess I would still rather rebook (to a later date), but need to convince AA...

50€/5000 award points is an insult if you are booked in J.
And even in economy since you will be losing economy comfort perks as OWE.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 3:41 am

Well yeah, I am booked in Y - otherwise I wouldn't be concerned about AA possibly changing AY+ earnings.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 8:18 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Premier Gold, Pan Am WorldPass (disc.), Hertz Gold, IHC Gold Elite, Marriott Plat. Elite
Finnair using Hifly A340's on HEL-JFK Route

Does anyone know why Finnair is using another airline's A340's on the HEL-JFK route?
Old Nov 5, 2016, 8:19 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Because their own ones are busy?
Old Nov 5, 2016, 8:27 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by oldclipper
Does anyone know why Finnair is using another airline's A340's on the HEL-JFK route?
The official story is A350 pilot training and lack of pilots.

2 AY A333 now under maintenance.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Courmisch

So I finally gave up. I called Finnair Cust Serv and they said that they contacted AA about 3 weeks ago to let them know that they should warn customers that they would be flying HiFly instead, and as my booking was AA Award, I should contact them.

I contacted AA and they looked for an alternative routing, but no award availability (flying on 22 Nov, so no surprise). If I re-routed to a different airport, then I would have to pay a change fee. The only thing they offered was to cancel the booking and refund the miles and taxes at no charge (usually there is a charge for this if you are not Exec Plat). After reading the horrors of the flight I decided to do that and just pay for a flight instead.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 10:52 am

Normally, I'd cancel the flights too. But it was a cheap-o early-booked vacation; I'd be doing the airlines a service by cancelling it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.