Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HiFly is back!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2018, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by seldomrfly
Can't wait
However, I don't Think they will wetlease until they got a slot at HND. If they ever get a slot at HND.
Hypothetically speaking even if they did lease it they wouldn't be able to fly it eastwards as the Russian overflight agreement doesn't allow it.

Having said that, there will be a good amount of additional slots at HND in the next years before Tokyo 2020.

Last edited by rioc; Aug 1, 2018 at 6:04 pm
Old Aug 4, 2018, 8:03 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
This bird is apparently leased to DY right now, and flying LGW-JFK. And no, they don't sell F, they only sell "Premium" cabin". However, it is a "first" as apparently no-one thought about flying A380 on the busiest route in the world before...

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...-a8476761.html
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
I think it will first be leased to Air Austral (CDG-RUN), and then will be leased to Norwegian (LGW-JFK). Due to B787 issues in both cases.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 12:19 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
The LGW-JFK started yesterday, so it is already leased to DY.
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/a...h-mip#1d5f9ad7

(Plane did 6 legs for DK (Thomas Cook) and one for Air Cairo after Farnborough, and then straight on to DI)
Old Aug 5, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Yeah I got the order wrong. It's Norwegian to JFK then Austral to CDG.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: AY Platinum (oneworld Emerald), Bonvoy/Radisson/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rioc
Hypothetically speaking even if they did lease it they wouldn't be able to fly it eastwards as the Russian overflight agreement doesn't allow it.

Having said that, there will be a good amount of additional slots at HND in the next years before Tokyo 2020.
Isn't it the air transport agreement between Finland and Japan that prevents Finnair or JAL both using HND in Tokyo?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.