Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HiFly is back!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2016, 9:43 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by rdurlabhji
I was scheduled to fly tomorrow. They rerouted me via LHR in BA/DL (eurobusiness and DLone). Disappointed because I was looking forward to walking around in the morning on my layover but the new flight leaves at 740 am. At least I should be able to double dip on miles by requesting ORC. These hifly aircraft must be junk.
Double dipping is the best 😀😀😀

Not bad at all
Old Nov 27, 2016, 9:49 am

Programs: AY LUMO
It is weird why AY made deal with 5K without any backup plane.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 10:14 am

Programs: AFKL PLT, BA Gold, SK Gold, AY Gold, A3 Silver, LH FTL, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
I just wonder why AY was in such a rush to remove OH-LQD (or whichever was the last A340 they removed) from their fleet? If they just would have kept it slightly longer, they would now have two A340's of their own and no issues with HiFly-garbage! Surely they must have known about the crew training needs, etc. in advance...or were they again caught off guard with this? Somehow it seems that AY is not really good in planning things in advance!
Old Nov 27, 2016, 10:32 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Or maybe it's just so much cheaper to outsource?
Old Nov 27, 2016, 10:40 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum (OWE), HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AX
Was supposed to fly with the dreaded Hi Fly tomorrow but now it will be SK instead. Assume that I should be able to credit the rerouted flights to SK in this case.

I still have JFK-HEL flight in December booked with Hi Fly but looking at the operating track record it remains to be seen if it will ever happen.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 11:03 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by DALtoAAL
I just wonder why AY was in such a rush to remove OH-LQD (or whichever was the last A340 they removed) from their fleet? If they just would have kept it slightly longer, they would now have two A340's of their own and no issues with HiFly-garbage! Surely they must have known about the crew training needs, etc. in advance...or were they again caught off guard with this? Somehow it seems that AY is not really good in planning things in advance!
Could the reason be that all A340 pilots are either flying A330 or learning how to fly A350? Anyway, all this doesn't give very professional image of AY for the audience.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Originally Posted by Guillou
Was supposed to fly with the dreaded Hi Fly tomorrow but now it will be SK instead. Assume that I should be able to credit the rerouted flights to SK in this case.

I still have JFK-HEL flight in December booked with Hi Fly but looking at the operating track record it remains to be seen if it will ever happen.
Put your *A ffp number of choice into your sk booking online. Call AY and ask for original routing credit and you should be able to double up.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by rdurlabhji
Put your *A ffp number of choice into your sk booking online. Call AY and ask for original routing credit and you should be able to double up.
Will try doing this especially as rerouting with SK would mean that I would lose the double points from AY's cross the Atlantic campaign. The check-in agent had some trouble logging my SK number to my flights. Apparently everything should be alright but it remains to be seen whether the points actually post without any need for making a retroclaim.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 7:20 pm

Not entirely Hi Fly related but noticed from the AY website that they are also planning to wetlease an aircraft for European routes due to potential cancellations.

http://company.finnair.com/en/media/...ews?id=2377870
Old Nov 29, 2016, 12:48 am

Programs: KL Plat, AA ExPlat, HHonors Diam
I flew on the Hi Fly plane last week, both ways in business class, and the return flight was Friday, apparently on the last flight for now. Some observations:

The seat was quite odd, but comfortable enough to sleep in so I decided not to reroute the return. The IFE-system is to my understanding brand new, installed a few months ago, and included 15 movies and maybe 20 radio channels on a 15" touchscreen that is quite far away from you. There's a simple wired remote for the IFE though. The picture and sound quality were pretty good, but the selection was surprisingly limited (eg no Finnish movies, even though the movies were labeled for Finnair). There was no flight data in the IFE, only one small screen in the bulkhead displayed flight information.

The seat has three positions (sitting, lounging, and almost flat), and you could stop the seat in any position between these. You could adjust the back rest separately when the seat was not in the upright position, but not the leg rest. You sit very high, and in the lounging position the seat rises even higher, before it lowers down for the sleeping position. There's plenty of room for your feet while sleeping, and the bed is reasonably flat. The interior is very old - maybe the first generation of lie flat seats?

In all much better than the Euro Atlantic plane Finnair wetleased for this route last December, but not even close to what I expected when making the reservations. Service was ok though.

Finnair offers currently a small compensation for business class travellers, 100e gift card or 10000 Finnair Plus points.

I'll have another trip that includes this flight next week, but I'll try to reroute mainly because of the many recent cancellations and delays.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 3:19 am

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
Originally Posted by arifly
I flew on the Hi Fly plane last week, both ways in business class, and the return flight was Friday, apparently on the last flight for now. Some observations:

Thank you for the review. I have flights on this bird in a couple of weeks time and still prefer the direct flight over indirect routings so this was useful info... Just curious, is the compensation each way or roundtrip and does it have to be requested or was it automatically handed out on the flight.?
Old Nov 29, 2016, 10:24 am

Programs: KL Plat, AA ExPlat, HHonors Diam
Welcome. The Finnair email about check-in said "NOTE: Finnair’s New York route will be operated by Hifly's aircraft from 3 November 2016 to 8 January 2017. Choose a gift card or Finnair Plus points."

https://www.finnair.com/fi/gb/helsinki-newyork-hifly

There it says: "You will receive the Finnair Plus points or the gift card after your journey. This compensation applies to one return journey."

I haven't yet tried how that works - I had my two Hi Fly -flights on separate (return) tickets, both from AA.com, and I used my AAdvantage number. I'm a basic Finnair Plus member too, though.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 11:48 am

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Have a Ticket ARN to JFK via HEL on Hi-Fly on December 13th (ticketed by AA)

I see that flight hasn't operated since November 25th, Is this scheduled down time? or Has the flight been cancelled every day?

I was just going to take my chances with Hi-Fly since its a Y class ticket, but now wondering if I should try to Re-route.

I see a flight via LHR on BA that would get me into JFK at a similar time (close to 16:00). Also a Flight via Berlin but with a short lay over.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 2:42 pm

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium
http://www.fsnordic.net/discussion/i...113776.40.html

According to this link,
(Finnish only) but can Google translate

The Hi Fly 340 is gonna get replaced by an OLD (over head tv, angle flat biz, no power) Iberia 340

If this is the case I'm definately changing my flight
Old Nov 29, 2016, 3:34 pm

I am scheduled to take AY6 from JFK for Christmas. Not excited about Hi Fly but would prefer to fly directly as I am headed to Northern Sweden for Christmas with SK from HEL on a separate booking on the same evening (ca 10 hours in between flights so should have ample time in case of any delays) especially as you never know how messed up LHR could be right before Christmas if there is any snow etc. However, I am becoming more and more inclined to try and get myself a rerouting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.