Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:32 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK Elite
Originally Posted by cerberusbites
Hi guys, I'm a newbie to both AY Plus and the forum but I did join as a former AB*G and got the instant upgrade to silver so yay.
Question: I flew four segments in J on QR last week and made sure to include my AY# in the booking and while checking in. However, the flights still haven't shown up on my AY account.
How long does it usually take in your experience for segments to show up (a) from AY flights (b) from other *OW airlines?
Thank you <3
More ofthen then not, when flying other OW carriers, I end up filling out the missing points form: https://www.finnair.com/au/gb/finnai...missing-points
So waiting for a week or more is "normal". QR flights tend to post eventually.
I've once asked CS to expedite the process of points posting and they did it very quickly. But I only asked because I had next flight in a day and the points I waited to post pushed me over Plat threshold.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 5:27 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
AY has a 14 day wait period before you are able to retroclaim, so it is pointless to worry before.that time has passed.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat
Got op-upped on the flight from HAM to HEL today, which brought a question to my mind: does AY move passengers with tier to the front of the plane before considering any non-status pax?
Old Sep 24, 2017, 1:12 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by HELboy
Got op-upped on the flight from HAM to HEL today, which brought a question to my mind: does AY move passengers with tier to the front of the plane before considering any non-status pax?
Yes. They preferably upgrade Plats and Golds.
HELboy likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:32 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Originally Posted by HELboy
I've been op-upped several times when I had no status. I find it quite difficult to imagine that there would have been no status pax onboard.

On the two latest occasions I was travelling with Mrs. r2d2 (who has never had any status) so it wasn't even that they would have needed only a single passenger moved to the front.
HELboy likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 12:56 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
I gonna book flights for July and select seats for free as a AY gold,
but what happens if I fall from gold to silver at the end of May?

Will I loose the selected seats or will I have to pay the seat selection fee at check-in?

Are there any soft landing benefits from gold to silver and how far will these benefits expand after the end of the tracking period/downgradement?
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:03 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Karjaluokka
Are there any soft landing benefits from gold to silver and how far will these benefits expand after the end of the tracking period/downgradement?
Soft landing follows tracking period. You will be issued a silvercard for the duration of entire next tracking period.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:38 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by Karjaluokka

Will I loose the selected seats or will I have to pay the seat selection fee at check-in?
As seat selection - with the exception of Y+ seats on LH - is only chargeable prior to the start of check-in, IMHO, you should be able to keep those seats w/o any problem or charge.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:13 pm

Was flying HEL-TLL-HEL on Saturday. Is anyone able to provide an explanation or a guess on why they have two ATRs, leaving within 10 minutes of each other, flying this route? Is there that much demand on some days? My flights, AY107 and AY114, were maybe 25% and 50% full.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:36 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
It must be a good ten years since I've used throwaway ticketing on AY. Is there any financial risk in doing so? The last segment is the one I wouldn't fly, and I would have carry-on only.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
IME none at all. You CAN after all miss your flight, can't you? And if the ticket is nonchg, nonref - what's there to do? (I don't check in for throwaway segments, as a courtesy, so they don't hold the flight waiting for this Plat)
Old Oct 3, 2017, 6:31 am
R2

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
IME none at all. You CAN after all miss your flight, can't you? And if the ticket is nonchg, nonref - what's there to do? (I don't check in for throwaway segments, as a courtesy, so they don't hold the flight waiting for this Plat)
+1

No point(s) checking in (pun intended). If you no-show for a flight no points given whether you checked in or not.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Thanks! Just wanted to make sure. They probably reserve in their T&C the right to charge extra if you don't fly the last segment.

The last time I did this was on SQ, and I actually went online and cancelled the reservation after I had flown the first segment. To my surprise, they returned some €16 in taxes to me, didn't expect that!
Old Oct 5, 2017, 10:31 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
I have a ”tax-free voucher”. How do I use it? When i make a pre-order, should I enter it somewhere in the process or do I need to bring it to the flight?
Old Oct 5, 2017, 10:48 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by niksal
I have a ”tax-free voucher”. How do I use it? When i make a pre-order, should I enter it somewhere in the process or do I need to bring it to the flight?
As the pre-order is paid during the flight, you need to have it then with you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.