One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2015, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by JetAway
They didn't sue him. They sent him a letter.
Basically the same thing.. I see how it could easily confuse someone.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by JetAway
They didn't sue him. They sent him a letter.
Correct. The quote from the RS article

During his senior year, he carelessly bragged to a New York Times travel reporter that he had amassed more than $10,000 in bumping vouchers. A few weeks later, Schlappig says, just before his last college final exam, he received a certified letter from United, cheerily informing him that because he had taken advantage of the system his frequent-flyer account was permanently suspended. He was banned from flying, he recalls the letter saying, unless he paid the company $4,755 — the amount it claimed as losses through Schlappig's techniques.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by 84fiero
And thus ended his love affair and cheerleader UAL posts. Good for UAL
Old Nov 20, 2015, 5:08 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by 84fiero
Don't forget this part:
United officials will not comment on the record on Schlappig's case, other than to say, "We don't take steps toward limiting member engagement with the program unless we see acts of fraud or other serious violations."
Old Nov 20, 2015, 7:20 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by skunker
Don't forget this part:
Ah yes, indeed!
Old Nov 22, 2015, 7:27 pm

That IHG MasterCard Priceless Surprises promotion lets you enter the contest by mailing in a 3x5 card with information 94 times (yes, ninety four times)... each entry will get at least 500 IHG points, so you're looking at minimum 47,000 points if you max that. You'll spend around $50 for postage, envelopes, etc. and be able to get a free night or two at hotels. It's no scam. They have to offer entry to the contest without a purchase due to regulations in most states in the U.S.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:35 am

Programs: BA Silver
Blogger takes exception to CW seat and service

Many of you will be familiar with Lucky's blog. Well he's aimed both of his (sometimes very catty) barrels at a trip he's just taken in CW on the a380 LAX-LHR, and particularly the service received from a specific flight attendant. See here for some amusement above and below the line...

Last edited by mentor of monty; Nov 27, 2015 at 10:42 am Reason: link cock up
Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:39 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by mentor of monty
Many of you will be familiar with Lucky's blog. Well he's aimed both of his (sometimes very catty) barrels at a trip he's just taken in CW on the a380 LAX-LHR, and particularly the service received from a specific flight attendant. See here for some amusement both above and below the line....
Looks a bit blank there...
Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
Looks a bit blank there...
Thanks- fixed.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:45 am

Blogger takes exception to CW seat and service

I guess he must have been unlucky. I had some bad BA crews in my life, but most of them are charming, with a dry sense of humor, and they always try to make me drunk.

No complaints about the crews in general (and I usually like to moan about BA)
Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:48 am

Yep, think he's been unlucky there.

Funny really that in my experience, BA offer the most privacy (window) and the least (aisle). I guess if you're not a regular, the aisle seat could be a bit of a shock.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Each to their own I supose, difficult to make an objective judgement unless you were on the flight.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:51 am
Ziz

I just got back from a long haul on TAM and I can't say the aisle seats there were any more private than BA's - and the windows miles less. But maybe BA should be shooting higher than TAM. I agree though that the window seats are fantastic.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:52 am

The aisle seats are undoubtedly exposed and the windows (almost too) private...

With ref cabin crew- I've never been dazzled by a BA crew, but I suspect I'm not actively interacting with them in a way that allows them to be at their best "Trying to get me drunk" etc... I think this partly reflective of having flown all my j flights this year as overnights. My one long haul day flight this year we got bumped to F, and had very good service, but certainly not up to the standards soem describe here.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:53 am
Ziz

Also, not excusing the crew's responses since they should be trained to deal with difficult people, but it doesn't seme like Ben was really helping himself. To take one example, when he said beets and she said goats cheese, he knew what she meant so why not just say 'yes'?

Never had a mixed drink on BA - is mixing it for the passenger standard?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.