Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:59 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Ziz
Also, not excusing the crew's responses since they should be trained to deal with difficult people, but it doesn't seme like Ben was really helping himself. To take one example, when he said beets and she said goats cheese, he knew what she meant so why not just say 'yes'?

Never had a mixed drink on BA - is mixing it for the passenger standard?
Sounds to me like they were just winding each other up... With ref to the drink point, he was complaining about the drink not being put down for mif, but passed to him- I think this is probably pretty common one one of the inside seats where attendants have to reach over the outer seat.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 11:02 am

Programs: AA Plat, various hotels
I cant say I have ever had a bad club world crew, but to me at least they seem to be going through the motions a bit these days.

Back in the day you would get on a BA flight and all felt well with the world, it doesn't feel that way any more. While the service provided on the last flight was correctly provided, it came without a single smile or any interaction.
I actually find the crews in Club Europe to be more friendly than long haul.

The last flight I took on AA on Wednesday had an exceptionally friendly crew
Old Nov 27, 2015, 11:06 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
400,000 miles per year? I'm calling BS on that.

That's about 115 LHR-JFK equivalents, or a return transatlantic flight every single week of the year. I know that there are many who do that as part of their 'commute', I don't believe that a blogger can regularly keep that up.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 11:11 am
Ziz

Originally Posted by LondonElite

That's about 115 LHR-JFK equivalents, or a return transatlantic flight every single week of the year. I know that there are many who do that as part of their 'commute', I don't believe that a blogger can regularly keep that up.
His job seems to be travelling. He 'lives in hotels' and seems to travel constantly. I'm not entirely sure what the nature of his business is but it is something to do with frequent flyer programs, travel, etc.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 11:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Never heard of him.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 11:12 am
Ziz

Nor had I until I read this article. Ignore the title.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/...-free-20150720
Old Nov 27, 2015, 11:12 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

hahaha, if you follow the blog you can see how ... He lives in hotels and travels full time. During the mistake AA China fare I think he did IAD-PEK RT 4 times in two weeks.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 11:13 am

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott PlatfL/Ambassador, TP Gold, IHG Spire

Looking at his instagram, it looks like he flew AUH-JFK-LAX-LHR in three days. Pretty consistent with 400k miles a year.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Ahem.

Rolling Stone: Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free

Daily Mail: Meet the 25-year-old who is outsmarting the airlines and exploiting frequent flyer miles to continually travel the world full-time for FREE
NY Post: How one man flew 5M miles (almost) for free
Suspended

Sad. How does he feed his family?
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Sad. How does he feed his family?
He's a single (? Unless this Ford is a new beau) 25-year old gay man.

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Ziz
Also, not excusing the crew's responses since they should be trained to deal with difficult people, but it doesn't seme like Ben was really helping himself. To take one example, when he said beets and she said goats cheese, he knew what she meant so why not just say 'yes'?

Never had a mixed drink on BA - is mixing it for the passenger standard?
Few will be surprised to learn I think he was spot on. In my experience CW is an awful product and BA crews are simply poor. I have had crew as he described in F. Overall therefore his experience is much the same as my own.

My A380 flight in F with wife and daughter in J was my last with the family on BA. To say they were amateur would be generous and every aspect of the experience from the boarding to disembarkation was awful. The senior crew member was only interested in her mother who was propped in the crew seat by the door. Since then its been AA going west and either CX or QR going east. The difference is simply astonishing. Its not that AA are blingtastic simply that they have a superb hard product and their crew seem proud to be working in/on it. The food is plain but you get your first choice. QR and CX however are own a different level altogether.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 11:15 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
You'd think he could afford to buy a pair of socks!
Old Nov 27, 2015, 11:17 am

Programs: BA Gold GGL
Blogger takes exception to CW seat and service

A thread appeared on here about this yesterday but it disappeared almost instantly.

Did anyone else see it or am I going mad?
Old Nov 27, 2015, 11:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by irishguy28
He's a single (? Unless this Ford is a new beau) 25-year old gay man.
Ahh, I thought he brought his toy car along with him. I think I might duck out of this conversation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.