Wiki Posts
Search

One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2016, 5:08 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Didn't OMAAT say something about moving to LA/California? I recall that coming up in the context of whether or not an AA EXP has much of anything to gain by also being BA Gold at the same time.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 10:29 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
OMAAT is still living in hotels fulltime, only his primary stay is in WEHO hotels. It's closer to his BF and much smarter as they can live at his place or in his hotel. Besides that, LAX offers much premium travel opportunities and assortment of airlines.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 4:38 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
When you are out of material and bank balance is running lower...you can always go back through your wallet and assault your readers with 29 direct credit card affiliate links.

Inching closer to MMS and TPG levels...
Old Apr 25, 2016, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by gpapadop
When you are out of material and bank balance is running lower...you can always go back through your wallet and assault your readers with 29 direct credit card affiliate links.

Seriously, 29? That's disgusting and a new low. I think that is worse then any low that MMS or TPG has sunk to.

It's going to get worse, I'm sure.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 7:30 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by cruisr
... I think that is worse then any low that MMS or TPG has sunk to.
TPG and MMS have done several in the thirties so it looks like they have some competition...
Old Apr 26, 2016, 6:50 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by gpapadop

Geez, such anger! Don't you know that the higher the number, the more it shows true love of the hobby?!?!

Why do you hate love so much?
Old Apr 26, 2016, 11:15 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Blog haters, here's your big chance. Today's post on the Panama Waldorf surely has to be a big, fat target, right?

How is it a big fat target? Let me count the ways . . . . No, wait. That's your job.

So here's your challenge. You have to be creative. You can't just repeat old tropes. And you actually have to be coherent.

Let's see how you do.

Ready? Go!

(Hey, the blog post itself is at least worth a chuckle; Ben even chuckles at himself a little bit.)
Old Apr 26, 2016, 1:47 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by FallenPlat
Blog haters, here's your big chance. Today's post on the Panama Waldorf surely has to be a big, fat target, right?

How is it a big fat target? Let me count the ways . . . . No, wait. That's your job.

So here's your challenge. You have to be creative. You can't just repeat old tropes. And you actually have to be coherent.

Let's see how you do.

Ready? Go!

(Hey, the blog post itself is at least worth a chuckle; Ben even chuckles at himself a little bit.)
Lol, is this hate bait!?

Well it seems they truly immersed themselves in Panamanian culture!

As for this:

The reception desk was to the left. There were two people being helped before us, and it took quite a while. We probably waited for about 10 minutes before we were helped, and then the check-in process took another 10 minutes. I know it’s an attempt at providing personalized service, but when you’re on a one-night stay and got off a redeye, the attempted at personalized service becomes a bit annoying. But that’s one of the many reasons I don’t envy the job of hotel front desk associates

Sigh. 10 minute wait to check in?

Has he never tried checking in at a Vegas hotel on a Friday afternoon? Or into Tokyo business hotel on a Monday afternoon?

Sigh.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
And then there's the "adventurous & local" gastronomic experience, too -- room service. At the Waldorf. In Panama.

Even Ben himself had to laugh a bit at the absurdity. But still.

(The preceding post was great, clearly, but some of the other folks who post here are so obvious about what they're trying to do, all in a single-entendre sort of way, that it's sometimes hard not to have a little fun with it; there's more than a bit of irony there given Ben's own multi-level understanding of what he's doing and how he's doing it.)

Last edited by FallenPlat; Apr 26, 2016 at 3:31 pm
Old Apr 26, 2016, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by FallenPlat
And then there's the "adventurous & local" gastronomic experience, too -- room service. At the Waldorf. In Panama.

Even Ben himself had to laugh a bit at the absurdity. But still.

(The preceding post was great, clearly, but some of the other folks who post here are so obvious about what they're trying to do, all in a single-entendre sort of way, that it's sometimes hard not to have a little fun with it; there's more than a bit of irony there given Ben's own multi-level understanding of what he's doing and how he's doing it.)

Panama City has some of the best restaurants anywhere. Seriously. Amazing places both in the city (one about two blocks away from the WA) as well as some gems in the old city. Too bad he missed the opportunity to experience some of the culture that doesn't involve miles and points.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 4:32 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
I stayed at the WA Panama in March and as a Gold received the same macaron amenity. I'm guessing it's a standard welcome gift. I also seemed to have received better service and paid a lot less.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by skunker
I stayed at the WA Panama in March and as a Gold received the same macaron amenity. I'm guessing it's a standard welcome gift. I also seemed to have received better service and paid a lot less.
Yeah you can defiantly get it for less then he paid. Using AARP, which he has, it usually comes in around 139.00
Old Apr 26, 2016, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Uber in Panama is the cheapest I've seen for Uber anywhere. Not sure how he paid so much for a cab.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 1:02 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by josephstern
Uber in Panama is the cheapest I've seen for Uber anywhere. Not sure how he paid so much for a cab.
Disagree. Cabs from airport are fixed price, there is a board at the airport that displays the price and Uber from the airport is fixed as well. I paid $30 for one person. My uberx back to the airport the next morning was almost the same price. UberX in San Diego is much cheaper.
Attached Images  
Old Apr 27, 2016, 1:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by skunker
Disagree. Cabs from airport are fixed price, there is a board at the airport that displays the price and Uber from the airport is fixed as well. I paid $30 for one person. My uberx back to the airport the next morning was almost the same price. UberX in San Diego is much cheaper.
UberPool in Boston is ridiculously cheap.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.