One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2016, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by FallenPlat
Me? Evidently I need to merge right into the slow lane . . . .
Maybe you could do a quick poll of your readers what method you should use to merge into the slow lane... Or! Better yet... Which one of our readers here can come up with the most creative routing to get you into the lane?
Old May 18, 2016, 7:15 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by Adam1222
I also would be thinking, "wow, what an inexperienced traveler he must be if he's taking pictures of even the plastic water bottles." In the same post that he takes people to task for essentially acting like tourists, he complains about being "looked at" when he does the same.

I dont think smartphone vs large camera is the only distinction. I certainly would be distracted by someone next to me setting up 60 shots- an average of one every 12 minutes- over 12 hours.
My thought was: poor guy has not spent much time in business class. Particularly ones with seats not CX or CX-like.

He was off-put by people standing in the aisle pre-flight? Felt he had to sleep because his seat-mate was sleeping but wasn't wearing eyeshades!? Get over it, brah! Welcome to business class!

We're not in LH FC anymore, Toto.
Old May 19, 2016, 3:32 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by Raffles
Agents are back because of the exclusive deals they have. Only a fool would book a Four Seasons online when a FSPP agent guarantees free breakfast, $100 credit, top of the list for upgrade and guaranteed same price.
Truth. Also the stacking of benefits. Getting FSPP benefits + Centurion etc. Or even additional agent negotiated perks.

Originally Posted by TMM1982
FSPP?
Four Seasons Preferred Partner
Old May 19, 2016, 6:40 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
know Americans are perhaps overly sensitive when it comes to wanting personal space, but I was especially frustrated that the person behind me was standing so close that I could feel him breathing on my neck.
Funny, I thought as a German he liked [redacted].

This whole trip is reinforcing earlier discussion about why Latin American travel is not for Princess Herr Lucky. (Note he refers to MEX as "slightly charming" and "almost charming" twice in one post.)

Last edited by oliver2002; May 19, 2016 at 7:50 am Reason: lets not get Nazi references into the picture
Old May 19, 2016, 11:36 am

Programs: AA EP
Originally Posted by kokonutz
My thought was: poor guy has not spent much time in business class. Particularly ones with seats not CX or CX-like.

He was off-put by people standing in the aisle pre-flight? Felt he had to sleep because his seat-mate was sleeping but wasn't wearing eyeshades!? Get over it, brah! Welcome to business class!

We're not in LH FC anymore, Toto.
He just keeps digging his hole deeper with observations and opinions like this. But, while he improving his princess-ness, he is probably also broadening his reach as I'll bet the majority of his groupies, Satan-followers, and CC churners are flying business class more than LH CX EY and EK F more than they used to.
Old May 19, 2016, 7:37 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Interesting to see this paid for to be on my the face book wall tonight:

Name:  2016-05-19_2132.png
Views: 1012
Size:  91.8 KB

when Ben unfriended me from his the face book page about 18 months ago!

That's money well spent! ^
Old May 20, 2016, 9:01 am
Suspended

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Ford is starting to work as a luxury travel advisor. Says he formerly managed an eyewear shop and worked as a tech recruiter. Not sure why but Lucky seems very especially defensive today towards the trolls.

Didn't he try doing this a few years ago?
The post where he announces his new career is called "Plot Twist".
Was there a plot?
Old May 21, 2016, 9:58 am

Now this fella is openly admitting he doesn't 'really follow' airline / FAA regulations. I feel like Lucky has been doing a lot more "drunken blogging" lately because some of his content is just
Old May 21, 2016, 1:11 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by Adam1222
I also would be thinking, "wow, what an inexperienced traveler he must be if he's taking pictures of even the plastic water bottles."
Remind me to tell Lucky this if I ever run into him onboard a flight.
Old May 22, 2016, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
Just a reminder to always apply for credit cards in an incognito (Chrome) or private browsing window, for best results and to cost the bank the least.
I can't tell if you're kidding or not? Why do you care so much about saving banks money? lol
Old May 22, 2016, 4:53 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by kthpence
I can't tell if you're kidding or not? Why do you care so much about saving banks money? lol
The lower a bank's costs, the higher the possibility that your fees may not increase. Also, why should one make the CC pimps any money for one's personal relationship with a bank?
Old May 22, 2016, 5:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by iadisgreat
The lower a bank's costs, the higher the possibility that your fees may not increase. Also, why should one make the CC pimps any money for one's personal relationship with a bank?
I enjoy bringing a bank to their knees.
Old May 22, 2016, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
Just a reminder to always apply for credit cards in an incognito (Chrome) or private browsing window, for best results and to cost the bank the least.
Originally Posted by iadisgreat
Kinda OT but I have a different POV about this.

I have used affiliate links from a handful of bloggers and will occasionally continue to use them.

When I'm applying for a new card and I feel a blogger has recently posted something useful which I've benefitted from (trip reports, tricks, unknown benefit) - I'll gladly give them some business. This is likely the unpopular opinion out here though I have no problem admitting to this ... some of the trip reports are timelessly and tremendously help with trip planning.

The first priority is seeing if there's a referral program in place that a friend or family member can instead benefit from. But those are not common.

And of course the unique content used to be a lot more common 2 years ago (as were the new offers I could qualify for.)

Last edited by CodeAdam10; May 22, 2016 at 7:14 pm
Old May 23, 2016, 3:18 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Kinda OT but I have a different POV about this.

I have used affiliate links from a handful of bloggers and will occasionally continue to use them.

When I'm applying for a new card and I feel a blogger has recently posted something useful which I've benefitted from (trip reports, tricks, unknown benefit) - I'll gladly give them some business. This is likely the unpopular opinion out here though I have no problem admitting to this ... some of the trip reports are timelessly and tremendously help with trip planning.

The first priority is seeing if there's a referral program in place that a friend or family member can instead benefit from. But those are not common.

And of course the unique content used to be a lot more common 2 years ago (as were the new offers I could qualify for.)
I can see this point of view - just after the umpteenth Citi Prestige post that has no added value, my tolerance to help the author out is nonexistent.

Last edited by iadisgreat; May 23, 2016 at 3:44 am
Old May 23, 2016, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kthpence
The banks are my partners here - not the bloggers.

I'd like to keep the banks in business, providing these offers.

The bloggers? Fine with me if they go out of biz.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.