One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2015, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by neuron
I may be wrong, but I thought the first two were SPG Moments auction items.
The folks over at Starwood Preferred Guest reached out a few weeks ago with the most amazing idea ever a pretty awesome opportunity for One Mile at a Time readers. They’re opening up their luxury hospitality suite for a private meet-up during a concert this fall. Just for us. I can’t even.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 11:22 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
I don't think that really supports what you said above, frankly. Not even close.

The One Direction freebie, I'm afraid, falls into the category of the "camp" stuff that I simply skip -- as I've said before.

My loss, I'm sure.

There are rocks to throw here, to be sure, but this undisclosed freebie thing ain't one of 'em.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My feeling is that Ben is smart enough to realize that with the amount of money he makes from the cc signups and other legitimate activity, there's too much risk in taking freebies to warrant the relatively small return.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by FallenPlat
I don't think that really supports what you said above, frankly. Not even close.

The One Direction freebie, I'm afraid, falls into the category of the "camp" stuff that I simply skip -- as I've said before.

My loss, I'm sure.

There are rocks to throw here, to be sure, but this undisclosed freebie thing ain't one of 'em.
It's a freebie but obviously not an undisclosed freebie. I've never had the sense that OMAAT doesn't disclose comps and freebies. For all its other faults, OMAAT posts are usually very upfront at spelling out pretty clearly the sources (what program, miles, points, cash, etc) were used for a given trip. Other blogs and travel sites, though, may not be as good about this (TPG, for example).

Is it evidence of a "special relationship"? I suppose, depending on how that term is defined. But I'm sure other blogs and sites get hooked up with similar promotional things like this from SPG marketing (and other companies for that matter) as well. So, maybe it's a "special but non-monogamous relationship"?

You'd have to pay me good money to waste my evening at a One Direction concert. A lot of money.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by FallenPlat
I never mentioned undisclosed?

The post that I was replying to was one about a FT member who observed that Ben was flagged on his flight and that in his opinion it may be due to his role as a popular travel blogger.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 6:38 pm

I'm genuinely amused and dont get why Astrophsx is sucha hater. you spend all your time in this forum venting against the very same blogs you purportedly hate LOL. either follow em or dont, no one cares, why beat a dead horse with whatever disdain you have?!
Old Oct 6, 2015, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by HouFly
I'm genuinely amused and dont get why Astrophsx is sucha hater. you spend all your time in this forum venting against the very same blogs you purportedly hate LOL. either follow em or dont, no one cares, why beat a dead horse with whatever disdain you have?!
"Hater" is a seriously overused, meaningless catch phrase. You seem to confuse criticism (constructive or otherwise) with "hate" and active, engaged participation with "beating a dead horse." I appreciate Astrophsx's contributions.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 6:16 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
You must not have any sense of irony

Originally Posted by JetAway
"Hater" is a seriously overused, meaningless catch phrase. You seem to confuse criticism (constructive or otherwise) with "hate" and active, engaged participation with "beating a dead horse." I appreciate Astrophsx's contributions.
Indeed. I'm surprised movie and food critics are still in business today, given society's increasing inability to tolerate criticism or dissent.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 7:11 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Critics are misunderstood but they keep going, they are people too! If I had a dollar for every hater of the haters lol
Old Oct 6, 2015, 7:44 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I'm genuinely amused and dont get why Astrophsx is sucha hater.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 9:08 am

There are plenty examples of real hate in the world today; no need to apply that word to this stuff.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 1:15 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by oliver2002
haha, I think Lucky would appreciate the Taylor Swift meme. ^
Old Oct 7, 2015, 8:23 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I hate One Direction
Old Oct 12, 2015, 12:43 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, AA, Qantas, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by gpapadop
I hate One Direction
Thanks for that well thought out point.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 9:10 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Oh my.... http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...e-on-emirates/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.