Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on an EVA 777-300ER

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 5, 2016, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Beware: Last Minute Equipment Swap can result in a 10 across 77W even though it shows 9 across during booking

Answers to Most Frequently Asked Questions
  • Yes, Royal Laurel (RL) cabin is available on ALL 777s
  • Wifi is available on all 777s when it works.
  • 77N/Seatguru V1 (38J/64W/211Y) - No longer in service
  • 77A/Seatguru V2 (39J/56W/238Y) - 9-abreast Y cabin with WiFi
  • 77M/Seatguru V3 (38J/64W/221Y) - 9-abreast with WiFi and 10 extra seats added in the rear Y cabin
  • 77B/Seatguru V4 (39J/56W/258Y) - 10-abreast Y with new color scheme
  • Kitty Jets are: Shining Star Jet (77A) and Hand-in-Hand (77M) - Currently serving ORD - Involved in a baggage cart incident at BKK on 9 NOV 2023, might be out of service a little
  • Seasonal changes are to be expected in the summer months; 77B aircraft will be shifted onto European routes and 77A/M aircraft will substitute in on North American services.

777 Fleet Facts/Plan - 34 777-300ERs Total as of November 2018 - RL is available on All 777s - configuration reported based on FTer trip report noted in this topic
  • 0x 77Ws (Original Configuration with PL recliner J seats)
  • 0x 77Ns / Seatguru V1 38-64-211 (First Configuration with RL lie flat J seats)
  • 13x 77Ms / Seatguru V3 38-64-221 (Retrofitted from 77N with 10 more seats added in the rear Y cabin) converted from 77Ns starting summer of 2015/ended in 2H2016 - B-16703 (Hello Kitty Sanrio Family), B-16705, B-16706, B-16707, B-16708, B-16709, B-16710, B-16711, B-16712, B-16713, B-16715 (Star Alliance), B-16716, B-16717(Leased to Air NZ)
    • Currently flies on TPE-LAX (Two night time flights, varies on the daytime flight), TPE-AMS (via BKK), TPE-CDG, TPE-LHR (via BKK), TPE-VIE, TPE-VIE (via BKK), Variable SFO(BR7/8 only)
  • 11x 77As / Seatguru V2 39-56-238 in Service - B-16718, B-16719, B-16720, B-16721, B-16722 (Hello Kitty Shining Star), B-16723, B-16725, B-16726, B-16727, B-16728, B-16729
    • Currently flies on TPE-JFK/IAH/ORD/YYZ/Variable LAX and SFO service
  • 10x 77B / Seatguru V4 39-56-258 with 10-abreast economy cabin - B-16730, B-16731, B-16732, B-16733, B-16735, B-16736, B-16737, B-16738, B-16739, B-16740
    • Currently flies on TPE-SFO [2x daily(BR17/18/27/28) w/ variable daytime service(BR7/8)], TPE-SEA, TPE-YVR
  • Total of 34 777-300ERs + 5 777 Fs in the fleet when all aircraft are delivered

+ for 77A/M/B (New/Refurbished/10-abreast)
  • Wifi/SMS - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/eva-...i-service.html
  • Improved AVOD - larger screen, multi-point, tablet style interaction(Tablet only available on 77A and 77B in RL), new Android-based IFE system on all aircraft
  • USB/Power at every seat
  • AVOD box removed from bottom of seat - more leg room

Links to other Discussions
Link to first post in this thread with seat maps

Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on an EVA 777-300ER

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2017, 11:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Chromie25
My only worry was about the PEY bassinet but there were no kids in the PEY section.
Row 8 tends to always have babies because the check-in agents usually like putting the J pax w/ an baby in the mini cabin vs the larger cabin row 1.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Row 8 tends to always have babies because the check-in agents usually like putting the J pax w/ an baby in the mini cabin vs the larger cabin row 1.
Row 1 is NOT a bassinet row. The bulkhead is not able to carry the bassinets weight.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by hayzel7773
Row 1 is NOT a bassinet row. The bulkhead is not able to carry the bassinets weight.
Good to know, so Row 8 > Row 1?
Old Jan 16, 2017, 6:15 pm

Good to know, so Row 8 > Row 1?
If you have a baby row 8. If not, try for the front cabin. If there is a wailing baby in row 8, it is seriously disturbing since its such a small cabin. I would advise the flight attendant to ask them to bring the baby to cry in the galley area since the curtains do block off a bit of sound.

I don't know what you mean by Row8>Row 1 though.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 7:56 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors Gold
Flying EVA AIR MNL - TPE - LAX on Friday

1. Was able to secure 38A flying on Y-class on MNL-TPE via A321, I know this has good legroom, any issues on this seat?

2. TPE - LAX will be via Elite / Prem Eco and would like to ask if it is worth it to request the bulkhead seats? In case I cannot secure them (or if not recommended), what are seats to avoid that would have the AVOD box underneath? Also, do anyone know if this would have the newer AVOD, or still the old one? This would be Flight BR005.

Appreciate your help guys.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by bluetear
Flying EVA AIR MNL - TPE - LAX on Friday

1. Was able to secure 38A flying on Y-class on MNL-TPE via A321, I know this has good legroom, any issues on this seat?

2. TPE - LAX will be via Elite / Prem Eco and would like to ask if it is worth it to request the bulkhead seats? In case I cannot secure them (or if not recommended), what are seats to avoid that would have the AVOD box underneath? Also, do anyone know if this would have the newer AVOD, or still the old one? This would be Flight BR005.

Appreciate your help guys.
1. Never been in economy on the A321 before
2. No AVOD boxes anymore. You can request(low loads right now) the bulkhead. You should get it. Avoid the last row, the light from the bathroom when someone opens the door can be annoying. BR5 normally gets the newer entertainment system. However, when one of the newer planes is pulled off the line, BR5 will get the older entertainment system on certain days. It seems to be the scheduling departments habit. For example, B-16729 has been on charter duties for the whole last week and BR5 ended up getting the old entertainment system for some days of the week. The plane really varies on BR005 so no guarantees at all what plane will fly.

Last edited by hayzel7773; Jan 16, 2017 at 8:38 pm
Old Jan 16, 2017, 8:17 pm

If you have a baby row 8. If not, try for the front cabin. If there is a wailing baby in row 8, it is seriously disturbing since its such a small cabin. I would advise the flight attendant to ask them to bring the baby to cry in the galley area since the curtains do block off a bit of sound.

I don't know what you mean by Row8>Row 1 though.
Gotcha. I tried row 8 last time. Row 1 is always taken by the diamonds by the time I get to check-in.

I'm an bulk head fan. 8 > 1 meaning Is Row 8 better (or greater than) row 1?

I believe the flight attendants and the mom flying J usually knows better to bring the baby to the galley. Besides we've all been there once it'd be impolite if I complaint.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 8:31 pm

Gotcha. I tried row 8 last time. Row 1 is always taken by the diamonds by the time I get to check-in.

I'm an bulk head fan. 8 > 1 meaning Is Row 8 better (or greater than) row 1?

I believe the flight attendants and the mom flying J usually knows better to bring the baby to the galley. Besides we've all been there once it'd be impolite if I complaint.
Actually, I have seen a lot of people complain over babies in row 8.
I think Row 1 is better though because there is less galley noise and it is the most quiet during takeoffs/landings. You also get served first! Row 8 is not bad either. Unless there is a baby, it is pretty much the same as Row 1. There isn't much galley noise anyways, since they confine themselves to the little tiny area in the middle where the carts are and not next to the doors.
The one problem i have with both bulkhead rows is the little storage area and the door that is built into the seats(for the crew). The opening and closing by the flight attendants with the clicking noise can get annoying.

Last edited by hayzel7773; Jan 16, 2017 at 8:39 pm
Old Jan 17, 2017, 8:09 am

1. Never been in economy on the A321 before
2. No AVOD boxes anymore. You can request(low loads right now) the bulkhead. You should get it. Avoid the last row, the light from the bathroom when someone opens the door can be annoying. BR5 normally gets the newer entertainment system. However, when one of the newer planes is pulled off the line, BR5 will get the older entertainment system on certain days. It seems to be the scheduling departments habit. For example, B-16729 has been on charter duties for the whole last week and BR5 ended up getting the old entertainment system for some days of the week. The plane really varies on BR005 so no guarantees at all what plane will fly.
Thanks for the tips! Will keep that in mind.
One last thing to clarify, which is the best seat on the Elite class? Bulkhead window or aisle (window side)? or Bulkhead aisle in the center? Thanks.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Actually, I have seen a lot of people complain over babies in row 8.
I think Row 1 is better though because there is less galley noise and it is the most quiet during takeoffs/landings. You also get served first! Row 8 is not bad either. Unless there is a baby, it is pretty much the same as Row 1. There isn't much galley noise anyways, since they confine themselves to the little tiny area in the middle where the carts are and not next to the doors.
The one problem i have with both bulkhead rows is the little storage area and the door that is built into the seats(for the crew). The opening and closing by the flight attendants with the clicking noise can get annoying.
My nephew is travelling with his baby in J class. baby is 8 months old, she is pretty quiet. We booked seats in the second cabin hopefully all will go well. Nephew in middle seat and wife in window.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
My nephew is travelling with his baby in J class. baby is 8 months old, she is pretty quiet. We booked seats in the second cabin hopefully all will go well. Nephew in middle seat and wife in window.
As long as she doesn't cry during the time when everyone sleeps, everything should be fine. However, there are a lot of inconsiderate business people that will complain. FAs will try and calm them down before they ask you to do anything. There are quite a few infamous Diamond cardholders of BRs program that complain whenever babies fly. Hope you don't fly with them!

Last edited by hayzel7773; Jan 17, 2017 at 10:23 pm
Old Jan 17, 2017, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by bluetear
Thanks for the tips! Will keep that in mind.
One last thing to clarify, which is the best seat on the Elite class? Bulkhead window or aisle (window side)? or Bulkhead aisle in the center? Thanks.
It all depends on your needs. In the bulkhead seats, its easy to get out without waking the person next to you up. If you are traveling as two, a window and aisle seat together would be perfect in the 2-4-2 config. Bulkhead aisle is pretty much the same as bulkhead window side aisle. If you are not seated in the bulkhead and you use the restroom often, I would recommend aisle because when the person in front reclines their seat, it constricts movement space and you now have to wake the person next to you to get out if you need to use the restroom.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:03 am

As long as she doesn't cry during the time when everyone sleeps, everything should be fine. However, there are a lot of inconsiderate business people that will complain. FAs will try and calm them down before they ask you to do anything. There are quite a few infamous Diamond cardholders of BRs program that complain whenever babies fly. Hope you don't fly with them!
Lol, I'll be flying in J with 2 kids plus 1 infant. What will the FA do in these cases? Push us back into Elite/Economy for the rest of the flight, if space permits, even if we are flying with valid J tickets (redemption though) and they are going to refund me the fare difference?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by fone
Lol, I'll be flying in J with 2 kids plus 1 infant. What will the FA do in these cases? Push us back into Elite/Economy for the rest of the flight, if space permits, even if we are flying with valid J tickets (redemption though) and they are going to refund me the fare difference?
No. She will calm the passenger that complains down. The flight attendants have no respect for those that complain over crying kids. There is a special name in chinese that the flight attendants call these people as for the rest of the flight.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 7:42 pm

It all depends on your needs. In the bulkhead seats, its easy to get out without waking the person next to you up. If you are traveling as two, a window and aisle seat together would be perfect in the 2-4-2 config. Bulkhead aisle is pretty much the same as bulkhead window side aisle. If you are not seated in the bulkhead and you use the restroom often, I would recommend aisle because when the person in front reclines their seat, it constricts movement space and you now have to wake the person next to you to get out if you need to use the restroom.
Got it thanks! I will certainly request for bulkhead seats to and from LAX. I will be traveling solo so I think it's okay to use the window seat. In case those are not available, I will pick any aisle seat instead - weird but I prefer to be bothered than bother other people.

Can you confirm if the bulkhead seats have the extendable leg rests? Also, how is the IFE presented on the bulkhead?

Last edited by bluetear; Jan 18, 2017 at 7:50 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.