Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air Royal Laurel Meals 2013 - 2021

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2018, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
If you have a fondness for Chinese food, I cannot speak highly enough about: Braised Pork Tendon and Bailing King Oyster Mushroom in Superior Soy Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Monacolink Rice

I'm also on that flight. What do you guys think about Pan Fried Duck Breast Served with Grand Marnier Sauce with Orange Zest and Mixed Vegetables,Gratinated Red Skin Potatos? I like duck, but I'm afraid it would be dry.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 9:41 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Flew on BR55 last night. Gratinated lobster for dinner and asparagus omlet for breakfast were both excellent. My wife's lacto-ovo vegetarian meal was cheese ravioli and it was also very good. Was impressed all around for my first EVA flight.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 5:41 am
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by petey2428
I'm also on that flight. What do you guys think about Pan Fried Duck Breast Served with Grand Marnier Sauce with Orange Zest and Mixed Vegetables,Gratinated Red Skin Potatos? I like duck, but I'm afraid it would be dry.
Its good but IMHO not great. I like my duck served hot and by nature duck cools quickly so I'm not a fan eating duck on a plane. That said it's been on the menu forever so I've long moved on
Old Feb 6, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
This is my go-to on dinner flights, but just be aware it is western-style (as evidenced by the cut and accompaniments). I thought it would be a risk the first time I tried it but was pleasantly surprised. It hasn't been dry... yet.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 3:10 pm

Programs: AC E35K
Hi all-

I'm flying LHR to BKK in a couple of weeks and have the following options:

Supper

Pan Fried Beef Fillet Roll Stuffed with Mashed Sweet Potatoes/Mixed Vegetables/Egg Fried Rice

Deep Fried Buttermilk Chicken Served with Bourbon Syrup/Vegetables/Roasted Red Onion and Corn Mashed Potatoes

Roasted Cod and Langoustine Served with American Sauce/Mixed Vegetables/Cauliflower Puree

Pan Fried Duck Breast with Five Spice/Mixed Vegetables/Mushroom Risotto

Sauteed Lamb Rump with Lamb Sauce and Verdi Salsa /Mixed Vegetables/Creamy Mashed Potatoes

Poached Lobster Tail and Pan Fried Cod in Vanilla Orange Butter Sauce/Mixed Vegetables/Mashed Potato

Deep Fried Pork Ribs with Honey and Orange Sauce/Mixed Vegetables/Egg Fried Rice

Pan Fried Monkfish with XO Sauce/Mixed Vegetables/Steamed Rice with Sesame Seeds

Refreshment
Smoked Chicken Omelette Served with Cheddar Sauce/Crushed New Potatoes
Plain Porridge
Green Lipped Mussel and Fettuccine with Clam Sauce

I was thinking either the duck, beef or ribs for supper and the omelette or porridge for breakfast. Any recommendations either way? Also, has anyone tried the fried chicken? I find it vaguely appealing but no idea if it would actually work on a flight.

Cheers

Last edited by chazbag; Feb 6, 2018 at 3:16 pm Reason: Whoa- formatting
Old Feb 6, 2018, 4:07 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, Marriott Platinum, MPC Green
Flying on BR36 in a few weeks. Here is the menu:
Pan Fried Duck Breast with Dijon Grainy Mustard Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and FettuccineGrilled USDA Prime Beef Fillet with Crystal Salt or Balsamic Vinegar Brown Sauce with Capers Served with Mixed Vegetables and Dauphinoise PotatoesGolden Fried Prawn Coated with Almond Flakes with Shiso Prune Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Egg Fried RiceGrilled Prime Beef Fillet Steak with Herb Maderia Sauce Served with Mixed Vegatables and Duchesse PotatosRack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Red Skin PotatoesPan Fried Duck Breast Served with Grand Marnier Sauce with Orange Zest and Mixed Vegetables,Gratinated Red Skin PotatosSauteed Seafood with Cardinal Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Creamy Linguine NoodlesWok Fried Grouper Fish Fillet with Superior Crab Roe Sauce,Served with Mixed Vegetables and NoodlesRoasted Pork Spareribs with Honey Pommery Mustard Sauce,Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed PotatosBraised Pork Tendon and Bailing King Oyster Mushroom in Superior Soy Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Monacolink RiceAssorted Mushroom with Red Date and Ginkonut in Lotus Leaf Parcel Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice with Pearl BarleySauteed Seafood with Gremolata Sauce Served with Truffle and Mushroom Risotto and Mixed VegetablesHealthy Vegetarian Burger Served with Vegetables and French FriesMeal Service Not Required
Any recommendation?

Also any recommendation on BR 226 earlier on the same day?
Grilled Beef Tenderloin with Madeira Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Potato GratinBraised Chicken with Japanese Leek Served with Mixed Vegetables and Chicken Flavour RiceLaksa Noodle SoupPan Fried Seabass Topped with Black Olive Tapenade with Red Capsicum Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Potato GratinPan Fried Beef Tenderloin with Gorgonzola Horseradish Cream and Rosemary Red Wine Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Pesto RisottoGrilled Chicken Thigh with Oregano Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Tomato Rice with Chorizo Sausage
Thanks so much!
Old Feb 6, 2018, 7:05 pm
Suspended

Trying to keep my life easier

2 posts upthread: Recommend the Monkfish with xo sauce
Post right above mine, recommend the Braised Pork Tendon and Bailing King Oyster Mushroom in Superior Soy Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Monacolink Rice
escherfan likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I have TPE-JFK coming up, and I am excited to choose my meal ahead of time! Wanted to know if folks had a preference between Braised Pork Tendon, the Beef Filet served with Herb Madeira sauce, or the Rack of Lamb (not something I would ordinarily get for a plane, but if it's prepared ahead of time, it might be good?). My wife is pretty set on the Wok Fried Grouper - is that an okay choice?

As for midflight meal - what would folks pick between the seafood linguine in white wine sauce vs. the vermicelli noodle soup?
Old Feb 6, 2018, 7:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I have TPE-JFK coming up, and I am excited to choose my meal ahead of time! Wanted to know if folks had a preference between Braised Pork Tendon, the Beef Filet served with Herb Madeira sauce, or the Rack of Lamb (not something I would ordinarily get for a plane, but if it's prepared ahead of time, it might be good?). My wife is pretty set on the Wok Fried Grouper - is that an okay choice?

As for midflight meal - what would folks pick between the seafood linguine in white wine sauce vs. the vermicelli noodle soup?
Your wife's choice is sound. My preference for your choice is the braised pork tendon. The Rack of Lamb is great too, actually, but that hasn't been changed for a solid 6 years or longer (have only flown time since about 2012)

I have never had either for an in flight meal, so no recommendations from me, sorry.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 1:40 am

Programs: AA UA
Rack of Lamb or DTF chicken noodle soup, which one do you guys prefer? Or any other suggestion? From TPE to SEA.

The full menu

Pan Fried Duck Breast with Dijon Grainy Mustard Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Fettucine

Golden Fried Prawn Coated with Almond Flakes with Shiso Prune Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice

Din Tai Fung Noodle Soup with Steamed Chicken Served with Traditional Cold Delicatessens

Grilled Prime Beef Fillet Steak with Herb Maderia Sauce Served with Mixed Vegatables and Duchesse Potatos

Rack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Red Skin Potatoes

Pan Fried Duck Breast Served with Grand Marnier Sauce with Orange Zest and Mixed Vegetables,Gratinated Red Skin Potatos

Sauteed Seafood with Cardinal Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Creamy Linguine Noodles

Wok Fried Grouper Fish Fillet with Superior Crab Roe Sauce,Served with Mixed Vegetables and Noodles

Roasted Pork Spareribs with Honey Pommery Mustard Sauce,Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatos

Braised Pork Tendon and Bailing King Oyster Mushroom in Superior Soy Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Monacolink Rice

Assorted Mushroom with Red Date and Ginkonut in Lotus Leaf Parcel Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice with Pearl Barley

Sauteed Seafood with Gremolata Sauce Served with Truffle and Mushroom Risotto and Mixed Vegetables

Healthy Vegetarian Burger Served with Vegetables and French Fries

Last edited by ICEROCK; Feb 7, 2018 at 1:45 am
Old Feb 7, 2018, 1:41 am

Programs: AC E35K
Trying to keep my life easier

2 posts upthread: Recommend the Monkfish with xo sauce
Post right above mine, recommend the Braised Pork Tendon and Bailing King Oyster Mushroom in Superior Soy Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Monacolink Rice
Thanks for the recommendation. Unfortunately I have a scallop allergy (and clams / mussels etc) so I need to stay away from xo sauce.
longtimeflyin likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 12:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ICEROCK
Rack of Lamb or DTF chicken noodle soup, which one do you guys prefer? Or any other suggestion? From TPE to SEA.

The full menu

Pan Fried Duck Breast with Dijon Grainy Mustard Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Fettucine

Golden Fried Prawn Coated with Almond Flakes with Shiso Prune Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice

Din Tai Fung Noodle Soup with Steamed Chicken Served with Traditional Cold Delicatessens

Grilled Prime Beef Fillet Steak with Herb Maderia Sauce Served with Mixed Vegatables and Duchesse Potatos

Rack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Red Skin Potatoes

Pan Fried Duck Breast Served with Grand Marnier Sauce with Orange Zest and Mixed Vegetables,Gratinated Red Skin Potatos

Sauteed Seafood with Cardinal Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Creamy Linguine Noodles

Wok Fried Grouper Fish Fillet with Superior Crab Roe Sauce,Served with Mixed Vegetables and Noodles

Roasted Pork Spareribs with Honey Pommery Mustard Sauce,Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatos

Braised Pork Tendon and Bailing King Oyster Mushroom in Superior Soy Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Monacolink Rice

Assorted Mushroom with Red Date and Ginkonut in Lotus Leaf Parcel Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice with Pearl Barley

Sauteed Seafood with Gremolata Sauce Served with Truffle and Mushroom Risotto and Mixed Vegetables

Healthy Vegetarian Burger Served with Vegetables and French Fries
Even though it is not a special online meal order, the DTF noodle soup will run out if you don't order it ahead of time. Once, I tried to order a special online only meal, in an effort to have that meal AND the DTF noodle soup...my plan failed.

I would suggest the DTF soup.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
Duck is inconsistent. The first time I had it a couple years ago it was fantastic. However, on my most recent flight a few months back it was so dry I had to send it back.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Your wife's choice is sound. My preference for your choice is the braised pork tendon. The Rack of Lamb is great too, actually, but that hasn't been changed for a solid 6 years or longer (have only flown time since about 2012)

I have never had either for an in flight meal, so no recommendations from me, sorry.
I'm going to give the braised pork tendon a try! In all honesty, I feel like the food on a plane is heavily dependent on how much attention the FA is paying to the food.
longtimeflyin likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I'm going to give the braised pork tendon a try! In all honesty, I feel like the food on a plane is heavily dependent on how much attention the FA is paying to the food.
That's why I love that meal. I've never had a bad experience because it's such a hard meal to screw up from a reheating standpoint!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.