Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air Royal Laurel Meals 2013 - 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2020, 2:42 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
How is the pan fried duck breast? Or is the lamb or the steak better. TPE - YVR in February.
Thanks
Old Jan 30, 2020, 3:41 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jewree
I I am also about to fly this route, and looking for recommendations, I'm particularly interested in any of the seafood...
Hiii long time lurker but the stir fry seafood and lamb was pretty good in my opinion. I have a video of the business class meals but since I am new I can't post URLs. You can Google AsiaTravels EVA Air business class meals. The meal showcase starts around 10:27.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 3:44 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Adore
For February 2020 on YYZ-TPE overnight:
No lobster on YYZ-TPE either. I'm not sure if anyone has posted photos of the prawn and scallops before? One thing I don't like about the EVA YYZ-TPE route is that they serve first meal at 3 am when many people want to sleep due to our bodies being on YYZ local time. I understand why EVA does it to adjust everyone to TPE time, but it'd be nice to be able to get 6-8 hours of sleep right after takeoff and then spend the rest of the flight awake.
Supper
  • Braised Pork with Soya Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Steamed Rice
  • Grilled Medallion Veal and Sauteed Shrimp with Lobster Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Cheesy Cavatappi
  • Noodle Soup with Cod Slice Served with Stir Fried King Oyster Mushroom with Basil and Marinated Egg
  • *Stir Fried Prawn and Scallop with XO Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Steamed Rice
  • *Grilled Prime Beef Tenderloin with Chimichurri Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Roasted Potatoes
  • *Pecan Crusted Lamb Rack with Raspberry Balsamic Demi Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Potatoes
  • *Sauteed Chicken Breast with Cheesy Mushroom Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Lyonnaise Potatoes
Breakfast
  • Chinese Plain Porridge with Cold Delicatessens, Egg Pancake with Chinese Sausage, Stir Fried Water Chestnut, Asparagus and Baby Corn
  • Banana Bread French Toast with Maple Syrup and Mixed Berries
  • Spinach and Bacon Mozzarella Frittata Served with Turkey Sausage and Roasted Potatoes

And TPE-BKK in the morning:
The been shank noodle soup always looks good in photos. Being Hong Kong Chinese myself, I'm curious as to what's the difference between Chinese Plain Porridge and Taiwanese Plain Porridge.
Breakfast
  • Taiwanese Plain Porridge Served with Traditional Delicatessens, Preserved Sun Dried Turnip Egg Patty, Wok Fried Eringi Mushroom and Green Beans with Asian Spiced Salt
  • Cajun Spiced Chicken Thigh Served with Pesto Penne Pasta and Vegetables
  • Din-Tai-Fung Stewed Beef Shank with Noodle Soup Served with Traditional Delicatessens
the prawns and scallops on xo sauce was quite good. I had the Rosemary lamb not the pecan but the rosemary lamb was good as well. If you want pictures, I have a video on my YouTube channel, just Google Eva air business class meals + Hello Kitty.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 1:12 am

Programs: OZ
Well I got the pork ribs. For me it was just ok. The mashed potato was dry.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 7:20 pm

February 2020 – TPE-SFO late night:

Supper
  • Broiled Pork Spare Ribs with Green Peppercorn Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Red Skin Potatoes
  • Steamed Chilean Sea Bass Fillet Topped with Fried Bean Crust Served with Assorted Vegetables and Steamed Rice
  • Din Tai Fung Noodle Soup with Steamed Chicken Served with Traditional Delicatessens
  • *Rack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Red Skin Potatoes
  • *Pan Fried Duck Breast Served with Grand Marnier Sauce with Orange Zest and Mixed Vegetables,Gratinated Red Skin Potatoes
  • *Sauteed Seafood with Cardinal Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Creamy Linguine Noodles
  • *Roasted Pork Spareribs with Honey Pommery Mustard Sauce,Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatoes
  • *Braised Pork Tendon and Bailing King Oyster Mushroom in Superior Soy Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Monacolink Rice
  • *Assorted Mushroom with Red Date and Ginkonut in Lotus Leaf Parcel Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice with Pearl Barley
  • *Sauteed Seafood with Gremolata Sauce Served with Truffle and Mushroom Risotto and Mixed Vegetables
  • *Healthy Vegetarian Burger Served with Vegetables and French Fries

Refreshing Meal
  • Taiwanese Plain Porridge Served with Traditional Delicatessens, Braised Tofu with Shiitake Mushroom and Scrambled Egg with Shrimp and Asparagus
  • Noodle Soup with Pork Spare Ribs, Lotus Seed and Wolfberry Served with Traditional Delicatessens
  • Mussel and Squid with Kalamata Olive Tomato Concasse, Rosemary Potatoes

I chose the Rack of Lamb and Taiwanese Plain Porridge. Will report back after my trip.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 10:15 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by tobegold
How is the pan fried duck breast? Or is the lamb or the steak better. TPE - YVR in February.
Thanks
Be aware it's Western-style. It's my go-to ex-TPE, although other FT'ers have reported it was too dry when they tried it.

I've had the rack of lamb; the flavor is generally correct, but the texture was pretty lousy.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 8:36 pm

Programs: EVA: Gold; Starlux: Explorer; China Airlines: Gold
Here are the main courses pix for preorder meal.

201910 TPE-CDG duck breast

201910 CDG-TPE Wellington beef

Both taste awesome!!
vincewy and royng like this.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Adore
February 2020 – TPE-SFO late night:

Supper
  • Broiled Pork Spare Ribs with Green Peppercorn Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Red Skin Potatoes
  • Steamed Chilean Sea Bass Fillet Topped with Fried Bean Crust Served with Assorted Vegetables and Steamed Rice
  • Din Tai Fung Noodle Soup with Steamed Chicken Served with Traditional Delicatessens
  • *Rack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Red Skin Potatoes
  • *Pan Fried Duck Breast Served with Grand Marnier Sauce with Orange Zest and Mixed Vegetables,Gratinated Red Skin Potatoes
  • *Sauteed Seafood with Cardinal Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Creamy Linguine Noodles
  • *Roasted Pork Spareribs with Honey Pommery Mustard Sauce,Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatoes
  • *Braised Pork Tendon and Bailing King Oyster Mushroom in Superior Soy Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Monacolink Rice
  • *Assorted Mushroom with Red Date and Ginkonut in Lotus Leaf Parcel Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice with Pearl Barley
  • *Sauteed Seafood with Gremolata Sauce Served with Truffle and Mushroom Risotto and Mixed Vegetables
  • *Healthy Vegetarian Burger Served with Vegetables and French Fries

Refreshing Meal
  • Taiwanese Plain Porridge Served with Traditional Delicatessens, Braised Tofu with Shiitake Mushroom and Scrambled Egg with Shrimp and Asparagus
  • Noodle Soup with Pork Spare Ribs, Lotus Seed and Wolfberry Served with Traditional Delicatessens
  • Mussel and Squid with Kalamata Olive Tomato Concasse, Rosemary Potatoes

I chose the Rack of Lamb and Taiwanese Plain Porridge. Will report back after my trip.
i just got back to SF from Taipei today

1. Tan meal was good other than the main dish (chicken sticky rice). Just too heavy. But the lion head soup (meat ball soup) was great.

2. I am so sick and tired of the squid for 2nd meal. It’s really just 2 piece of squid with one mussel. Avoid at all cost. I ended up choosing refreshing meal, which is spare rib noodle. It’s also bad. I really wish EVA bring back the roast duck dumpling noodle soup. It’s so good.

i am super surprised my flight was nearly full.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 4:30 am

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum

Sweet and sour pork

Lion head soup (meatball)- amazing

Chicken is too heavy and rice is so so

Amazing dessert
royng and Taten_R.O.C. like this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 1:13 pm

Time for reviews!
Late night YYZ-TPE:
  • (Dinner) Stir Fried Prawn and Scallop with XO Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Steamed Rice. Good portion size with 3 shrimp and 4 scallops all cooked well. Sauce was more like a plain gravy and not a spicy XO sauce. Rice tasted not great and which made the entire dish worst off. The greens were fine. I wouldn't recommend this as I was really disappointed with the rice and the sauce didn't taste like XO sauce at all.
  • (Breakfast) Spinach and Bacon Mozzarella Frittata Served with Turkey Sausage and Roasted Potatoes. It's a frittata and not much to say about frittatas in general so I'll say it was okay. The potatoes were easily the best part of this meal. In hindsight I wish I chose the Banana Bread French Toast as I could smell someone else's from across the cabin.
  • (Snack) Assorted dim sum included barbecue pork bun, shrimp siu mai (pork dumpling) and spinach dumpling with shrimp. It was cooked from frozen but not bad. I'd get this again in the future.
  • Oolong tea (the first and lightest one on the menu) was very fragrant and good. Had several cups of this.

Early morning TPE-BKK:
  • (Breakfast) Din-Tai-Fung Stewed Beef Shank with Noodle Soup Served with Traditional Delicatessens. I really hyped myself up for this one as I love beef noodle soup. The beef shank was good. The soup was a little plain like having brown coloured water. This may have been the cabin pressure affecting my taste buds. The noodles I didn't like at all as I found them even more plain than the soup. I disappointed myself with this option.

Afternoon BKK-TPE:
  • Flew economy on this return leg as business wasn't available for my Aeroplan award redemption. Fried (dory?) fish with egg noodles. All fried fish tastes good to me. The noodles were somewhat soft like having been overcooked, but were also lacking in flavour.

Nighttime TPE-SFO:
  • (Dinner) Pan Fried Duck Breast Served with Grand Marnier Sauce with Orange Zest and Mixed Vegetables,Gratinated Red Skin Potatoes. Duck was quite good though a bit overcooked. Actually difficult to cut the duck with the knife. Orange sauce complimented the duck nicely. I didn't touch the vegetables lol.
  • (Breakfast) Taiwanese Plain Porridge Served with Traditional Delicatessens, Braised Tofu with Shiitake Mushroom and Scrambled Egg with Shrimp and Asparagus. Traditional Delicatessens included dried pork floss, pickled cucumber, braised tofu(?) and stir fry celery. I liked the tofu with shittake mushroom. I generally don't like eggs of any type on flight meals and this was no exception.
  • Business cabins were full on this route.

Last edited by Adore; Feb 24, 2020 at 1:18 pm
Old Mar 8, 2020, 11:25 pm

Hello all. I'm trying to pre-order my meal for an award flight booked through United, but the website can't seem to find my flight. I have the "Eva confirmation number" but it doesn't work. Anyone have any ideas?
Old Mar 9, 2020, 5:27 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by baroqen
Hello all. I'm trying to pre-order my meal for an award flight booked through United, but the website can't seem to find my flight. I have the "Eva confirmation number" but it doesn't work. Anyone have any ideas?
Try using the ticket number (starting with 016), not the 6-character confirmation code.
baroqen likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.