Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air Royal Laurel Meals 2013 - 2021

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2018, 12:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE
Finished my yvr-tpe-bkk trip. As I said before the beef was fantastic. The omelette was also good and it had plenty of chorizo and potatoes on the side. The lobster was my second choice for the yvr-tpe trip however.
Upcoming trip bkk-sfo and need to review the choices.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 3:33 am

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
I think the meal quality depends a lot on the FA you get. I've had good lobsters, and I've had (most recently) bad lobsters. It's always a luck of the draw.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: WS Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, AC 100K, INtercontinetal Ambassador, Avis Prefered Plus
My trip from YVR - TPE was awesome food, sea bass was cooked perfectly and moist - had the Nutella thing for breakfast and I enjoyed it , almost licked the plate...my bad - Wife had the prawns and was not impressed but she liked the Nutella thing as well
TPE - SIN - Steak was terrible dry and like a puck...wifes was the same but we were so full from the flight before it actually worked out good.
SIN - TPE - YVR I decided to experiment with the Asian only menu (I'm German) it was let's say a matter of taste but at least I tried, probably wouldn't do that again, wife had lobster and said it was really good
Overall excellent service although we had some language barriers on TPE - YVR flight
Old Mar 14, 2018, 3:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE
Have bkk-sfo coming up, here are my top 3, any insight?

Roasted Pork Spareribs with Honey Pommery Mustard Sauce,Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatos

Rack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Red Skin Potatoes

Sauteed Seafood with Gremolata Sauce Served with Truffle and Mushroom Risotto and Mixed Vegetables

Thanks!
Old Apr 5, 2018, 11:41 am

IAH - TPE later this month. Any suggestions?

· Pork Belly with Pineapple Hoisin Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice

· Noodle Soup with Scallop and Shrimp Served with Traditional Delicatessens

· Pan Fried Herb Sea Bass with Green Pea Puree Served with Gnocchi

· Lamb Shank with Braising Sauce, Seasonal Vegetables, Spaetzel

· Wild Mushroom Baked with Lobster Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Fingerling Potato

· Thyme Demi Sauce Veal Loin Served with Pasta
Old Apr 8, 2018, 10:39 am
Suspended

Programs: AC
Lamb Shank
Renard likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 12:42 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
YYZ - TPE Lobster (whole lobster tail, halved. Not just 1 or 2 chopped up pieces I had last time that was the ginger/scallion variety)

TPE - YYZ Braised Abalone and Scallop with Ginger and scallion in Oyster Sauce (1 whole abalone). It's on the regular menu, which I ordered online, but is described as "seafood meal" on the manifest. FA came to confirm I ordered "seafood meal".
Old May 28, 2018, 8:58 am

June 2018: BR 35 YYZ-TPE

Dinner:

- Pan Seared Sea Bass with Lemon Cream Sauce Served with Vegetables and Brown Rice
- Cordon Bleu Chicken with Creamy Mushroom Sauce Served with Vegetables and Lyonnaise Potatoes
- Noodle Soup with Pork Loin Served with Stir Fried Vegetables
* Stir Fried Lobster with XO Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice
* Grilled USDA Prime Beef Tenderloin with Chimichurri Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Roasted New Potatoes
* Pecan Crusted Lamb Rack with Raspberry Balsamic Demi Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Chateau Potatoes
* Lobster Thermidor Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Mixed Wild Rice
(* = pre-order only)

Breakfast:

- Mushroom Omelette with Tomato Baked Beans and Potato Lyonnaise
- Plain Congee with Delicatessens and Egg Pancake with Ham, Stir Fried Squash, Asparagus, Onion
- Turkey and Vegetable Frittata with Peameal Bacon and Potato Wedge

BR 395: TPE-SGN

- Taiwanese Plain Porridge Served with Traditional Delicatessens, Silky Bean Curd with Chopped Carrot and Salted Egg Yolk Sauce, Eggplant with Yu-Shiang Sauce
- Pork Lasagna with Tomato Concasse
- Din-Tai-Fung Stewed Beef Shank with Noodle Soup Served with Traditional Delicatessens

Are there any reviews of Eva's Hindu Vegetarian for Breakfast in J ? Thinking of trying that for BR395

Last edited by Virginia Emery; May 28, 2018 at 9:16 am Reason: Added request for advise WRT Hindu Vegetarian Breakfast
Old May 30, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Virginia Emery
June 2018: BR 35 YYZ-TPE

Dinner:

- Pan Seared Sea Bass with Lemon Cream Sauce Served with Vegetables and Brown Rice
- Cordon Bleu Chicken with Creamy Mushroom Sauce Served with Vegetables and Lyonnaise Potatoes
- Noodle Soup with Pork Loin Served with Stir Fried Vegetables
* Stir Fried Lobster with XO Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice
* Grilled USDA Prime Beef Tenderloin with Chimichurri Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Roasted New Potatoes
* Pecan Crusted Lamb Rack with Raspberry Balsamic Demi Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Chateau Potatoes
* Lobster Thermidor Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Mixed Wild Rice
(* = pre-order only)

Breakfast:

- Mushroom Omelette with Tomato Baked Beans and Potato Lyonnaise
- Plain Congee with Delicatessens and Egg Pancake with Ham, Stir Fried Squash, Asparagus, Onion
- Turkey and Vegetable Frittata with Peameal Bacon and Potato Wedge

BR 395: TPE-SGN

- Taiwanese Plain Porridge Served with Traditional Delicatessens, Silky Bean Curd with Chopped Carrot and Salted Egg Yolk Sauce, Eggplant with Yu-Shiang Sauce
- Pork Lasagna with Tomato Concasse
- Din-Tai-Fung Stewed Beef Shank with Noodle Soup Served with Traditional Delicatessens

Are there any reviews of Eva's Hindu Vegetarian for Breakfast in J ? Thinking of trying that for BR395
Good to see the same intra-Asia menu again for a 3rd year!

Last edited by hayzel7773; May 30, 2018 at 12:33 pm
Old May 30, 2018, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by hayzel7773
Good to see the same menu again for a 3rd year!
Not sure I agree, I do this trip every 2 years when my AP points replenishes, here is my June 2016 post - close but not the same

BR35 June-2016

Supper

- Pan Seared Seabass with Tarragon Cream Sauce Served with Vegetables and Potato Chateau Saffron
- Noodle Soup with Braised Beef Brisket Served with Cantonese Marinated Pickles
- Grilled Pork Chop with Apple Demi Glace Sauce Served with Vegetables and Horseradish Mashed Potato

Exclusive: Stir Fried Lobster with XO Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice
Exclusive: Stir Fried Shrimp and Scallop with Ginger Onion Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Steamed Rice
Exclusive: Braised Beef Short Rib with Black Vinegar Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Steamed Rice
Exclusive: Mint Crusted Lamb Rack with Red Wine Porcini Demi Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Creamy Polenta
Exclusive: Grilled Medallion Veal Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Pasta Cavatappi Lobster with Cheese
Exclusive: Lobster Thermidor Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Mixed Wild Rice

Family of 3 - trying Pan Seared Seabass, Stir Fried Shirmp and Scallops, and Braised Beef Short Ribs
​​​​​​​
Old May 30, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Not sure I agree, I do this trip every 2 years when my AP points replenishes, here is my June 2016 post - close but not the same

Was referring to the intra-Asia menu. It's the same porridge, Lasagna, and DTF dish. Outstations like YYZ get to choose their menus from the caterer(they get to have a tasting session) and the local staff will pick the dishes for the quarter so they will somewhat vary.
Old May 30, 2018, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by hayzel7773
Was referring to the intra-Asia menu. It's the same porridge, Lasagna, and DTF dish. Outstations like YYZ get to choose their menus from the caterer(they get to have a tasting session) and the local staff will pick the dishes for the quarter so they will somewhat vary.
Ah, I get it. I kinda wondered what is a pork lasagna - eating dairy out of Asia is just asking for trouble in my opinion
Old May 31, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: CX DM
Going YVR-TPE next week.

Any recommendations/comments?

-Wuxi Pork Spareribs w/Fried Egg Rice
-Porcini Chicken Supreme w/Truffle Cream Sauce
-Tiger Prawns w/Garlic Chive
-Crust Lamb Rack w/Mustard Seed Sauce
-Szechuan Lobster Tail + Sweet and Sour Pork
Old Jun 3, 2018, 1:13 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
BR16 TPE-LAX / JUN'18:

Supper
- Herb Pecan Crusted Chilean Seabass with Citrus Flavoured Vinaigrette Served with Mixed Vegetables and Fettuccine
- Braised Pork Spare Ribs in Oriental Tomato Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice
- Din Tai Fung Noodle with Spicy Shrimp and Pork Wonton, Steamed Beef Soup

Exclusive
- Grilled Prime Beef Fillet Steak with Herb Maderia Sauce Served with Mixed Vegatables and Duchesse Potatos
- Rack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Red Skin Potatoes
- Pan Fried Duck Breast Served with Grand Marnier Sauce with Orange Zest and Mixed Vegetables,Gratinated Red Skin Potatos
- Sauteed Seafood with Cardinal Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Creamy Linguine Noodles
- Roasted Pork Spareribs with Honey Pommery Mustard Sauce,Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatos
- Braised Pork Tendon and Bailing King Oyster Mushroom in Superior Soy Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Monacolink Rice
- Assorted Mushroom with Red Date and Ginkonut in Lotus Leaf Parcel Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice with Pearl Barley
- Sauteed Seafood with Gremolata Sauce Served with Truffle and Mushroom Risotto and Mixed Vegetables
- Healthy Vegetarian Burger Served with Vegetables and French Fries
- Meal Service Not Required

Refreshing Meal
- Taiwanese Plain Porridge Served with Traditional Delicatessens, Scrambled Egg with Crab Meat and Soybean, Stir Fried Asparagus with Wolfberry and Lily Bulb
- Noodle Soup with Fried Chicken Served with Traditional Delicatessens
- Gratinated Creamy Seafood Crepe with Pesto Dressing and Garden Green Salad
Old Jun 3, 2018, 7:51 pm

Programs: United, AA, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
BR16 TPE-LAX / JUN'18:

Supper
- Herb Pecan Crusted Chilean Seabass with Citrus Flavoured Vinaigrette Served with Mixed Vegetables and Fettuccine
- Braised Pork Spare Ribs in Oriental Tomato Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice
- Din Tai Fung Noodle with Spicy Shrimp and Pork Wonton, Steamed Beef Soup

Exclusive
- Grilled Prime Beef Fillet Steak with Herb Maderia Sauce Served with Mixed Vegatables and Duchesse Potatos
- Rack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Red Skin Potatoes
- Pan Fried Duck Breast Served with Grand Marnier Sauce with Orange Zest and Mixed Vegetables,Gratinated Red Skin Potatos
- Sauteed Seafood with Cardinal Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Creamy Linguine Noodles
- Roasted Pork Spareribs with Honey Pommery Mustard Sauce,Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatos
- Braised Pork Tendon and Bailing King Oyster Mushroom in Superior Soy Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Monacolink Rice
- Assorted Mushroom with Red Date and Ginkonut in Lotus Leaf Parcel Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice with Pearl Barley
- Sauteed Seafood with Gremolata Sauce Served with Truffle and Mushroom Risotto and Mixed Vegetables
- Healthy Vegetarian Burger Served with Vegetables and French Fries
- Meal Service Not Required

Refreshing Meal
- Taiwanese Plain Porridge Served with Traditional Delicatessens, Scrambled Egg with Crab Meat and Soybean, Stir Fried Asparagus with Wolfberry and Lily Bulb
- Noodle Soup with Fried Chicken Served with Traditional Delicatessens
- Gratinated Creamy Seafood Crepe with Pesto Dressing and Garden Green Salad
I've had the duck breast on the TPE-SFO flight and I thought it was pretty good. For the refreshing meal, I almost always have the porridge as I'm pretty much full from the first meal.
Air Rarotonga likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.