Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air Royal Laurel Meals 2013 - 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by refox3488
This is my first Eva flight and most of the menu sounds good for supper, not so sure about any of the breakfast options. For supper, i'm leaning towards the Gratinated Lobster with young vegetables and Mashed Potato or the Stir Fried Chicken with Ginger and Honey Sauce Served with Egg Fried Rice and Mixed Vegetables. I love lamb and beef, but at 2 am i would rather eat something a little lighter. Any thoughts?
Congee is kind of a love it or hate it dish, if you've never had it before. Personally I love it and EVA does it well with all the accompaniments.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by kpottermn
Congee is kind of a love it or hate it dish, if you've never had it before. Personally I love it and EVA does it well with all the accompaniments.

Thanks for your reply, I have had Congee and it's not my favorite. Maybe Eva's is better than the one I had in economy on ANA, but I generally find porridge, oatmeal and congee to all be too bland, even with the add-ins.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 10:57 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
Couldn't agree with you more - even in Y the congee hits the spot at the end of a ULH flight.

Originally Posted by kpottermn
Personally I love it and EVA does it well with all the accompaniments.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 7:19 pm

First time on EVA, flying YYZ to TPE.
Any suggestions on menu selection? Thanks!!

Supper

Grilled Prime Beef Tenderloin with Chimichurri Sauce Served with Vegetables and Potatoes

Chicken Wrapped with Prosciutto with Bearnaise Sauce Served with Vegetables and Quinoa

Tan Tze Noodle Served with Lotus Root and Shimeji Mushroom

Stir Fried Lobster with XO Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice

Sea Bass with Ginger Onion Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Steamed Rice

Grilled Medallion Veal Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Pasta Cavatappi Lobster with Cheese

Lobster Thermidor Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Mixed Wild Rice

Potato Crusted Salmon Served with Seasonal Vegetables

Meal service not required
Old Jan 13, 2018, 4:39 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by Westwood818
Thanks, Tyler! I'm debating whether I should choose the Vegetarian Oriental over the Vegetarian Vegan meal. I saw a video online and it looked okay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKzamLjOxD8
I'm a little late to answer your question, but my wife and I recently did YYZ-TPE in J and we got to sample both meals. There are highlights to both, but overall, the breakfast sealed the deal for me. I'd get the Vegan Oriental personally.

Not quite as good as Thai, but definitely the next best vegan airline food I had all trip.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 12:25 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
Originally Posted by fruzmatik
First time on EVA, flying YYZ to TPE.
Any suggestions on menu selection? Thanks!!

Supper

Grilled Prime Beef Tenderloin with Chimichurri Sauce Served with Vegetables and Potatoes

Chicken Wrapped with Prosciutto with Bearnaise Sauce Served with Vegetables and Quinoa

Tan Tze Noodle Served with Lotus Root and Shimeji Mushroom

Stir Fried Lobster with XO Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice

Sea Bass with Ginger Onion Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Steamed Rice

Grilled Medallion Veal Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Pasta Cavatappi Lobster with Cheese

Lobster Thermidor Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Mixed Wild Rice

Potato Crusted Salmon Served with Seasonal Vegetables

Meal service not required
I have gotten the Stir Fried lobster in XO sauce ex-YYZ and it was excellent. One of my favorite BR dishes. It's flavorful but not heavy enough to where your sleep would be impeded.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by bj27
I have gotten the Stir Fried lobster in XO sauce ex-YYZ and it was excellent. One of my favorite BR dishes. It's flavorful but not heavy enough to where your sleep would be impeded.
Thanks for the recommendation!
Old Jan 15, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: WS Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, AC 100K, INtercontinetal Ambassador, Avis Prefered Plus
Just downloaded the menu for early Feb Flight. Both of us are Western palate and mild-med spice only. No HOT
Has anyone tried Szechuan Lobster Tail, Sweet & Sour Pork with egg fried rice? If so how spicy?
Thanks
Old Jan 15, 2018, 9:40 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Originally Posted by ewok22
Just downloaded the menu for early Feb Flight. Both of us are Western palate and mild-med spice only. No HOT
Has anyone tried Szechuan Lobster Tail, Sweet & Sour Pork with egg fried rice? If so how spicy?
Thanks
Why do so many people want to order lobster?

You can sometimes get frozen lobster tail at the supermarket at a low price.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by daniellam
Why do so many people want to order lobster?

You can sometimes get frozen lobster tail at the supermarket at a low price.
Frozen steak is even cheaper !! I laugh at those losers ordering them on a plane
Old Jan 16, 2018, 8:35 am

Programs: WS Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, AC 100K, INtercontinetal Ambassador, Avis Prefered Plus
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Virginia Emery
Frozen steak is even cheaper !! I laugh at those losers ordering them on a plane
We pay around $65 CAD per lb. for lobster in Canada so for us it is a real treat that we don't have every day so I thought I would ask a very simple question as I believe that is what this forum is all about, No?
We have the BEST beef in the world here in Alberta and it is very reasonably priced so steak is not extra special.
I think I will enjoy my lobster

Last edited by ewok22; Jan 17, 2018 at 12:17 pm Reason: <sp>
Old Jan 16, 2018, 8:56 am

Retracted my post, my point was made, cheers
chazbag likes this.

Last edited by ewok22; Jan 17, 2018 at 12:16 pm Reason: retracted as point has been made
Old Jan 16, 2018, 9:26 am

Hah, sorry my sarcasm towards dineillam was lost in translation. Please by all means order the lobster, at least out of Toronto the restaurant that provides the meal is pretty good and it's very tasty on the plane. I would imagine the same out of Vancouver as both cities has excellent Chinese cousines

Out of TPE the steak is actually good, I would stay way from Chicken, etc.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: AC Altitude SE100K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ewok22
Virginia & Daniellam
Just a small history lesson on lobster and travel in RL on BR
My wife and I have saved all our life for this trip to SIN and we are celebrating our 40th anniversary, our 1st time to SE Asia and our 1st trip on BR we can only afford this trip using AE air miles that I have been saving for years.
I am sure that both of you have fun not answering peoples question's and making fun of other forum member's who are less traveled than you both appear to be.
I was raised to respect other cultures and opinions and not make fun of others who have differing opinions.
I just want to conclude I have booked Szechuan Lobster for both of us and we will toast both your posts with a glass of champagne as we travel on our trip of a lifetime!
Oh and by all means enjoy your steak
Congratulations on your anniversary, Mr. and Mrs. ewok! My wife and I are also making an anniversary trip to SEA on BR in March and I'm equally excited about the prospect of my first "lobster in the sky"! It is indeed disappointing that some members seem to revel in denigrating/ridiculing those of us who lack their level of "sophistication" - oh well. Enjoy your trip and be sure to make the most of the lobster, the PJ's and of course, La Grande Dame - I know we will!

(psst, Virginia, I did get your sarcasm )
Old Jan 17, 2018, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by AleEat
Congratulations on your anniversary, Mr. and Mrs. ewok! My wife and I are also making an anniversary trip to SEA on BR in March and I'm equally excited about the prospect of my first "lobster in the sky"! It is indeed disappointing that some members seem to revel in denigrating/ridiculing those of us who lack their level of "sophistication" - oh well. Enjoy your trip and be sure to make the most of the lobster, the PJ's and of course, La Grande Dame - I know we will!

(psst, Virginia, I did get your sarcasm )
Thanks AleEat for the kind words, u can count on me coming back on here and giving a review of my lobster dinner for the enjoyment of those less traveled.
AleEat likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.