Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air Royal Laurel Meals 2013 - 2021

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Virginia Emery
You don't need to order it, they make a big pot of the porridge and you can always ask for it (and seconds) - you might as well order the western breakfast and ask them to bring you the porridge as well
oh wow, can you have two mains for breakfast?
Old Oct 5, 2017, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by Lonsinla
oh wow, can you have two mains for breakfast?
Rice Porridge is just rice soup - the Instantpot pressure cooker makes them beautifully. It's the sides that makes it delicious, and they have plenty of that
Old Oct 5, 2017, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber
I politely requested a(ny) different main course from the three on-board choices but they said they do not have a single meal left, no matter which one. Very disappointing experience.
Wow, that is kind of odd. Are they learning from United Airlines
Old Oct 6, 2017, 10:08 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Grilled Seabass with Senteur Provence Sauce

One suggestion - when reviewing the meal options, if you see ingredients that don't really exist in real life (ie, try finding a recipe online for 'Senteur Provenence Sauce), it's probably a good bet to avoid it. BR has a habit of making up fancy names for some of the dishes and accompaniments (ie, 'traditional delicatessen' which the rest of us know is corned beef or pastrami on rye, not thousand year egg and pickled vegetables), which can have an interesting result once onboard.
Thanks for the advice.

I actually did google the name of the sauces anf found hints that it could have been good.

Will try my luck again on my way back. So far, BR has failed to wow me.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by username
Wow, that is kind of odd. Are they learning from United Airlines
It seems very odd that the would not have a single spare main of any kind, I wasn't picky either. Had a feeling they were just not prepared to give me a second main.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Will try my luck again on my way back. So far, BR has failed to wow me.
Other than offering La Grande Dame in business, I've never thought of BR as a "wow" airline, to be frank.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by gengar
Other than offering La Grande Dame in business, I've never thought of BR as a "wow" airline, to be frank.
Some of the reports and it's 5-star-status (whatever it's worth) create certain expectations, I guess.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 2:02 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Some of the reports and it's 5-star-status (whatever it's worth) create certain expectations, I guess.
As noted in this FT post, it is unfortunate that reviews - especially by known travel bloggers - must be taken with a grain of salt.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 2:06 am

As noted in this FT post, it is unfortunate that reviews - especially by known travel bloggers - must be taken with a grain of salt.
I know and do
Old Oct 7, 2017, 2:27 am

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
I'm curious, which business products would be considered "wow"? Apart from Etihad's hard product and Singapore, I can't think of an airline that does J better than Eva.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 6:38 am

Grain of salt? Yes. But many others, known travel bloggers or not, put RL among the world's best business class. Throw out the best of the best reviews and the worst of the worst, and you've clearly got a top-tier product.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
I had the pan-fried duck breast on my TPE-LAX flight, and it was.... terrible. The meat had no flavor and the texture tough. I had to send it back. The sea bass that I got subsequently was much better.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:13 pm

My upcoming SEA-TPE flight shows Lunch & Refreshing Meal: https://booking.evaair.com/flyeva/EV...&Flight=BR0023

Each meal offers 3 main courses. Is "refreshing" an abbreviated meal service with perhaps less choices in the appetizer & desert options in comparison to the Lunch ones?

With a 11:30 / 15:10 departure /arrival, it looks like both meals would be served around lunch time in their respective time zones.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by LAX/HKG
I had the pan-fried duck breast on my TPE-LAX flight, and it was.... terrible. The meat had no flavor and the texture tough. I had to send it back. The sea bass that I got subsequently was much better.
I've ordered it twice ex-TPE now and thought it was one of the better BR offerings I've had. YMMV I guess.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:59 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Stampy
My upcoming SEA-TPE flight shows Lunch & Refreshing Meal: https://booking.evaair.com/flyeva/EV...&Flight=BR0023

Each meal offers 3 main courses. Is "refreshing" an abbreviated meal service with perhaps less choices in the appetizer & desert options in comparison to the Lunch ones?

With a 11:30 / 15:10 departure /arrival, it looks like both meals would be served around lunch time in their respective time zones.
You have no choice for appetizer anyways.

Refreshing is just that they serve the breakfast courses they offer with a different name.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.