Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air Royal Laurel Meals 2013 - 2021

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by absolu7
How do you eat the huge menu at midnight ORD->TPE? lol. someone please explain.. Is there executive dining or anything ?
You can eat at the Polaris lounge if you like.

Originally Posted by MattEvan
Simple, you set your body to the time zone you're arriving in. So, think of it as a big lunch.
Exactly. For a midnight flight, you can eat a light dinner and then have a full meal once on board. I wouldn't want to sleep on a 14hr flight and then only have snacks and arrival meal when I wake up.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 5:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Emirates Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
What the heck is executive dining?
Old Apr 4, 2017, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by akalra1187
What the heck is executive dining?
old Continental Airlines style dining, they serve you when you're ready.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 1:38 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by uncleflori
Thank you very much Hayzel! Last question: In some trip reports it is mentioned, that some pre-ordered meals lead to appetizer / first course and desert beeing dropped. Can you confirm this?
I believe you are referring to the Din Tai Fung meals. They have different Appetizers and Desserts that match the main dish.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 3:51 pm
Suspended

hayzel, do you know if the porridge on my flight is western or Chinese porridge?
Old Apr 5, 2017, 4:56 pm

hayzel, do you know if the porridge on my flight is western or Chinese porridge?
I am unsure. did it only say porridge on the menu?
Old Apr 5, 2017, 5:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hayzel7773
I am unsure. did it only say porridge on the menu?
Yes "Plain Porridge".
Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:29 pm

Yes "Plain Porridge".
Normally for chinese porridge they write: Chinese Plain Porridge Served with Traditional Delicatessens and ...

So it may actually be western porridge.

EDIT: Looking back at your menu choices, it seems there is no Asian dish offered so it may actually be Chinese porridge.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 1:28 am

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
It's the Taiwanese porridge.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: m&m
I believe you are referring to the Din Tai Fung meals. They have different Appetizers and Desserts that match the main dish.
Yes, could be. Somebody wrote about chinese meals which came just as soup bowl with won ton and nothing else. So it sounds like Din Tai Fung.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 11:53 am

The lamb is good on BR from the US. Lobster is very good too. I normally have he plain porridge for breakfast, it fits an Oriental's taste but some Westerners may not like it because it is bland and the texture is weird.
Thanks! I've settled on the rack of lamb for dinner and will be trying out the fried buns with sweet congee for breakfast. I'm flying out next week - will take plenty of pics and report back!
Old Apr 6, 2017, 5:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
The porridge isn't J food more like Y food. I've had much better porridge in CX Y listed as "Abalone Porridge" which was just really clams with abalone sauce and an nice plain porridge with salt.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by TennisNoob
The porridge isn't J food more like Y food. I've had much better porridge in CX Y listed as "Abalone Porridge" which was just really clams with abalone sauce and an nice plain porridge with salt.
Its a dish the Taiwanese like so they offer that on the menu.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 11:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Its a dish the Taiwanese like so they offer that on the menu.
Problem is when you don't pre order like me for booking T-48, that's the only option you have for breakfast.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 2:55 pm
Suspended

What would you choose on my return (TPE-BKK-LHR). The last meal is proving challenging. I don't like tomato and I don't like Congee. I also have no idea what a french toast 'casserole' is. Would be glad to hear advice on all meals.

Light Meal
-Provencal Beef Stew Served with Mixed Vegetables and Gratin Red Skin Potatoes
-Honey Glazed Chicken with Sesame Sprinkle Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice
-Wok Fried Seafood with Fermented Rice in Chinese Tomato Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Egg Ramen
- Exclusive Pan Seared Halibut Fillet on Pesto Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatos with Kalamata Olives
-Exclusive Braised Beef Shank, Tendon and Tripe in Superior Soya Sauce with Noodles
-Exclusive Pan Fried Lamb Loin with Truffle and Mushroom Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Roasted Red Skin Chunky Potatoes
- Exclusive Braised Pork Knuckle and Sea Cucumber in Superior Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice

Lunch
-Braised Mustard and Pesto Beef Cheek Potato Parmentier
-Chicken Thigh with Skin Marinated with Cocomut Herb Sauce Served with Garlic Fried Rie
- Wok Fried Chilean Seabass with Spicy Bean Sauce Served with Steamed Rice
- Exclusive Deep Fried Lobser with Black Pepper Teriyaki Sauce Served with Steamed Rice
-Exclusive Pan Fried Beef Fillet with Boletus Sauce and Caramelized Onion Eryngii Mushroom Ragout Served with Duchess Potatoes
-Exclusive Lamb Noisette in Pesto Lamb Juice Served with Morels Soft Polenta

Refreshing Meal
- Plain Congee Served with Stir Fried Kailan , Lotus Root, Fresh Black Fungus with Dry -Shrimp and Pan Fried Egg with Minced Pork, Basil Leave and Chili
- Smoked Salmon French Toast Casserole Served with Baked Apple Wedge
- Spinach Ravioli Creamy Tomato Concasse and Shaved Parmesan Cheese

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.