Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air Royal Laurel Meals 2013 - 2021

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Explorer789
Very few airlines can pull it off like EVA.
NH dining is still much better than BR inbound and outbound IAH
Old Mar 24, 2017, 4:52 pm

Hi all,

I'm flying on a JFK/TPE leg soon and have been browsing through this thread (and reading many trip reports etc) on the food. Between the rack of lamb and wok fried lobster, what would everyone suggest? I've read great things about both. I'm personally big on both meat and seafood, so that's not helping much with the decision. For the breakfast menu, does anyone know what a deep fried bun is? Is it literally what it sounds like? Apologies in advance for the ignorance and any feedback would be much appreciated!

Also including the full menu in case anyone is interested (or has any additional feedback on the other items)

Supper Menu:
*Crusted Seabass with Corn Chowder Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatoes
*Noodle Soup with Braised Pork Rib Served with Traditional Delicatessens
*Florentine Chicken with Pizzaiola Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Pearl Barley
*Exclusive Wok Fried Lobster with Ginger and Green Onion Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Stir Fried Noodles
*Exclusive Stir Fried Seabass, Shrimp and Scallop in Braising Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Multigrain Rice
*Exclusive Roasted Lamb Rack with Demi Glace Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Roasted Potatoes
*Exclusive Braised Beef Short Rib with Red Wine Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatoes with Rutabaga and Chive

Breakfast Menu:
*Cheese Omelette Served with Banger Veal Sausage and Rosti Potatoes
*Chinese Plain Porridge Served with Traditional Delicatessens and Egg Pancake with Corn and Scallion, Stir Fried Chicken and Celery
*Deep Fried Bun with Ham and Egg Served with Traditional Delicatessen and Sweet Congee with Osmanthus and Pumpkin
Old Mar 28, 2017, 2:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Emirates Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Any recommendations? LHR-BKK-TPE

Supper
- Pan Fried Beef Fillet Roll with Mashed Sweet Potatoes/Mixed Vegetables/Egg Fried Rice
- Deep Fried Buttermilk Chicken Served with Bourbon Syrup/Vegetables/Roased Red Onion and Corn Mashed Potatoes
- Roasted Cod and Langoustine Served with American Sauce/Mixed Vegetables/Cauliflower Puree
- Exclusive Pan Fried Duck Breast with Five Spice/Mixed Vegetables/Mushroom Risotto
-Exclusive Deep Fried Pork Ribs with Honey and Orange Sauce/Mixed Vegetables/Egg Fried Rice
-Exclusive Sauteed Lamb Rump with Lamb Sauce and Verdi Salsa /Mixed Vegetables/Creamy Mashed Potatoes
-Exclusive Poached Lobster Tail and Pan Fried Cod in Vanilla Orange Butter Sauce/Mixed Vegetables/Mashed Potato
-Exclusive Pan Fried Monkfish with XO Sauce/Mixed Vegetables/Steamed Rice with Sesame Seeds

Refreshment
-Smoked Chicken Omelette Served with Smoked Cheddar Sauce
-Plain Porridge
-Green Lipped Mussel Fettuccine with Clam Sauce

Dinner
-Stir Fried Beef Fillet Slice with Chinese BBQ Sauce Served with Egg Fried Rice
-Mixed Seafood Marinated with Tamarind Sauce Served with Steamed Rice
-Pan Fried Pork Chop Kurobuta in Balsamic Brown Sauce Served with Potato Gnocci
-Exclusive Grilled Chicken Marinated in Jeaw Sauce(Chicken Kai-Yang)Served with Steamed Coconut Rice
-Exclusive Teriyaki Eel Rice
Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: m&m
... any recommendations? VIE-BKK-TPE

Dinner
Braised Beef Cheek with Sauce Served with Creamy Truffle Polenta
Roasted BBQ Spare Rips in Vienna Style Served with Roasted Potatoes Slices
Stir Fried Prawns with Shallot and Ginger Served with Steamed Rice
Exclusive meal: Stir Fried Beef Slices and Onion Served with Assorted Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice
Exclusive meal: Steamed Cod Fish with Chili, Ginger and Spring Onion Served with Assorted Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice
Exclusive meal: Seared Lamb Cutlet with Thyme Jus Served with Roasted Vegetables and Polenta with Wild Mushroom Crespelle

Energizing Impression
Fried Duck Breast Slices Soup Noodles
Egg Frittata with Chorizo, Tomato and Potatoes Served with Assorted Lettuce with Herbed Yoghurt Dressing
Omelette with Tomato,Feta Cheese and Spinach Served with Grilled Turkey Ham

Lunch
Stir Fried Beef Fillet Slice with Chinese BBQ Sauce Served with Egg Fried Rice
Mixed Seafood Marinated with Tamarind Sauce Served with Steamed Rice
Pan Fried Pork Chop Kurobuta in Balsamic Brown Sauce Served with Potato Gnocci
Exclusive meal: Grilled Chicken Marinated in Jeaw Sauce(Chicken Kai-Yang)Served with Steamed Coconut Rice
Exclusive meal: Teriyaki Eel Rice
Old Apr 2, 2017, 8:19 pm
Suspended

Is the "Other Asian..." forum so unpopular that it can't reply to the last three questions regarding meal options?

Last edited by akalra1187; Apr 3, 2017 at 7:43 am
Old Apr 3, 2017, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by akalra1187
Is the "Other Asian..." forum so unpopular that it can't reply to the last three questions regarding meal options?
... same question here, but maybe there are not too many EVA flyers using the pre-ordered meal :-)

I also seem to register a decline of options when starting from VIE when comparing with US-cities:
no lobster, no fillet of beef, ...
Old Apr 3, 2017, 10:11 am

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by uncleflori
... same question here, but maybe there are not too many EVA flyers using the pre-ordered meal :-)

I also seem to register a decline of options when starting from VIE when comparing with US-cities:
no lobster, no fillet of beef, ...
EVA is focused on US more than Europe. Catering is probably more expensive in VIE though.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by akalra1187
Any recommendations? LHR-BKK-TPE

Supper
- Pan Fried Beef Fillet Roll with Mashed Sweet Potatoes/Mixed Vegetables/Egg Fried Rice
- Deep Fried Buttermilk Chicken Served with Bourbon Syrup/Vegetables/Roased Red Onion and Corn Mashed Potatoes
- Roasted Cod and Langoustine Served with American Sauce/Mixed Vegetables/Cauliflower Puree
- Exclusive Pan Fried Duck Breast with Five Spice/Mixed Vegetables/Mushroom Risotto
-Exclusive Deep Fried Pork Ribs with Honey and Orange Sauce/Mixed Vegetables/Egg Fried Rice
-Exclusive Sauteed Lamb Rump with Lamb Sauce and Verdi Salsa /Mixed Vegetables/Creamy Mashed Potatoes
-Exclusive Poached Lobster Tail and Pan Fried Cod in Vanilla Orange Butter Sauce/Mixed Vegetables/Mashed Potato
-Exclusive Pan Fried Monkfish with XO Sauce/Mixed Vegetables/Steamed Rice with Sesame Seeds

Refreshment
-Smoked Chicken Omelette Served with Smoked Cheddar Sauce
-Plain Porridge
-Green Lipped Mussel Fettuccine with Clam Sauce

Dinner
-Stir Fried Beef Fillet Slice with Chinese BBQ Sauce Served with Egg Fried Rice
-Mixed Seafood Marinated with Tamarind Sauce Served with Steamed Rice
-Pan Fried Pork Chop Kurobuta in Balsamic Brown Sauce Served with Potato Gnocci
-Exclusive Grilled Chicken Marinated in Jeaw Sauce(Chicken Kai-Yang)Served with Steamed Coconut Rice
-Exclusive Teriyaki Eel Rice
The lobster tail was not bad when I had it a couple months ago, only difference was the sides it was served with.
For the refreshment, I had the chicken omelette. It was ok, basically a plane omelette, rubbery and just yuck,
For dinner, the Stir Fried Beef Fillet was very good.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 10:18 am

... any recommendations? VIE-BKK-TPE

Dinner
Braised Beef Cheek with Sauce Served with Creamy Truffle Polenta
Roasted BBQ Spare Rips in Vienna Style Served with Roasted Potatoes Slices
Stir Fried Prawns with Shallot and Ginger Served with Steamed Rice
Exclusive meal: Stir Fried Beef Slices and Onion Served with Assorted Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice
Exclusive meal: Steamed Cod Fish with Chili, Ginger and Spring Onion Served with Assorted Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice
Exclusive meal: Seared Lamb Cutlet with Thyme Jus Served with Roasted Vegetables and Polenta with Wild Mushroom Crespelle

Energizing Impression
Fried Duck Breast Slices Soup Noodles
Egg Frittata with Chorizo, Tomato and Potatoes Served with Assorted Lettuce with Herbed Yoghurt Dressing
Omelette with Tomato,Feta Cheese and Spinach Served with Grilled Turkey Ham

Lunch
Stir Fried Beef Fillet Slice with Chinese BBQ Sauce Served with Egg Fried Rice
Mixed Seafood Marinated with Tamarind Sauce Served with Steamed Rice
Pan Fried Pork Chop Kurobuta in Balsamic Brown Sauce Served with Potato Gnocci
Exclusive meal: Grilled Chicken Marinated in Jeaw Sauce(Chicken Kai-Yang)Served with Steamed Coconut Rice
Exclusive meal: Teriyaki Eel Rice
Lamb is always pretty good on BR from the US.
For lunch, the stir fried beef was very good.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by newbjude
Hi all,

I'm flying on a JFK/TPE leg soon and have been browsing through this thread (and reading many trip reports etc) on the food. Between the rack of lamb and wok fried lobster, what would everyone suggest? I've read great things about both. I'm personally big on both meat and seafood, so that's not helping much with the decision. For the breakfast menu, does anyone know what a deep fried bun is? Is it literally what it sounds like? Apologies in advance for the ignorance and any feedback would be much appreciated!

Also including the full menu in case anyone is interested (or has any additional feedback on the other items)

Supper Menu:
*Crusted Seabass with Corn Chowder Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatoes
*Noodle Soup with Braised Pork Rib Served with Traditional Delicatessens
*Florentine Chicken with Pizzaiola Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Pearl Barley
*Exclusive Wok Fried Lobster with Ginger and Green Onion Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Stir Fried Noodles
*Exclusive Stir Fried Seabass, Shrimp and Scallop in Braising Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Multigrain Rice
*Exclusive Roasted Lamb Rack with Demi Glace Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Roasted Potatoes
*Exclusive Braised Beef Short Rib with Red Wine Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatoes with Rutabaga and Chive

Breakfast Menu:
*Cheese Omelette Served with Banger Veal Sausage and Rosti Potatoes
*Chinese Plain Porridge Served with Traditional Delicatessens and Egg Pancake with Corn and Scallion, Stir Fried Chicken and Celery
*Deep Fried Bun with Ham and Egg Served with Traditional Delicatessen and Sweet Congee with Osmanthus and Pumpkin
The lamb is good on BR from the US. Lobster is very good too. I normally have he plain porridge for breakfast, it fits an Oriental's taste but some Westerners may not like it because it is bland and the texture is weird.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 2:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hayzel7773
The lobster tail was not bad when I had it a couple months ago, only difference was the sides it was served with.
For the refreshment, I had the chicken omelette. It was ok, basically a plane omelette, rubbery and just yuck,
For dinner, the Stir Fried Beef Fillet was very good.
Thank you very much Hayzel. Strangely I selected all the same options before you replied. May reconsider the Omelette now. Is the porridge western or congee? I suppose I can wait till I'm on board and check.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 1:03 am

Thank you very much Hayzel! Last question: In some trip reports it is mentioned, that some pre-ordered meals lead to appetizer / first course and desert beeing dropped. Can you confirm this?
Old Apr 4, 2017, 11:35 am

Thank you very much Hayzel! Last question: In some trip reports it is mentioned, that some pre-ordered meals lead to appetizer / first course and desert beeing dropped. Can you confirm this?
This is not my experience across over 40 flights. Never happened once, and I almost always preorder.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 2:57 pm

How do you eat the huge menu at midnight ORD->TPE? lol. someone please explain.. Is there executive dining or anything ?
Old Apr 4, 2017, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by absolu7
How do you eat the huge menu at midnight ORD->TPE? lol. someone please explain.. Is there executive dining or anything ?
Simple, you set your body to the time zone you're arriving in. So, think of it as a big lunch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.