Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air Royal Laurel Meals 2013 - 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2017, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mjcewl1284
The online meal order just opened up for my flight on BR 56.

I love that they have this option for meals (more than 10 options for dinner is awesome) but on the meal prior to landing, the only Western option is a pumpkin quiche. Seriously? I'm not saying have more options but certainly there are better Western options out there.

/whiningover
Don't they only provide a full choice for the first meal? 2nd meal (pre-landing) is usually what they have, right?
Old Jan 8, 2017, 9:23 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by username
Don't they only provide a full choice for the first meal? 2nd meal (pre-landing) is usually what they have, right?
correct. But he is complaining that the options are limited. The 2nd meal is always disappointing compared to the first.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 9:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Just throw away the second meal. I always do the same.

When I fly BR TPE-IAH I pass the 2nd meal so I can get an few more hours of sleep. Going IAH-TPE the flight is much longer so I have to "try to eat" that 2nd meal.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hayzel7773
correct. But he is complaining that the options are limited. The 2nd meal is always disappointing compared to the first.
Fly United a few times and you will appreciate what EVA has
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:02 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
Fly United a few times and you will appreciate what EVA has
I have acquired a taste for the fried noodles on UA for the 2nd meal. It's actually not too bad if heated up properly.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 3:48 pm

Just got off BR55 ORD-TPE. Krug Grande Cuvee was the champagne on the menu and what they were serving, no Veuve La Grande Dame to be had.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by lowfareair

Just got off BR55 ORD-TPE. Krug Grande Cuvee was the champagne on the menu and what they were serving, no Veuve La Grande Dame to be had.
Select routes get Krug.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 9:26 pm

Programs: MP, BR
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Just throw away the second meal. I always do the same.

When I fly BR TPE-IAH I pass the 2nd meal so I can get an few more hours of sleep. Going IAH-TPE the flight is much longer so I have to "try to eat" that 2nd meal.

Instead of ordering the 2nd meal can you request for the mid-flight "snacks" as your 2nd meal? Just flew EVA J and the mid-flight noodles were quite good.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Chromie25
Instead of ordering the 2nd meal can you request for the mid-flight "snacks" as your 2nd meal? Just flew EVA J and the mid-flight noodles were quite good.
I am sure they will do it if there is any left.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by Chromie25
I am sure they will do it if there is any left.
They will but I don't like soggy noodles randomly thrown in an bowl horribly presented. That's the midflight snack I get while the FA's are too busy chatting and taking selfies in the galleys
Old Jan 16, 2017, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by TennisNoob
They will but I don't like soggy noodles randomly thrown in an bowl horribly presented. That's the midflight snack I get while the FA's are too busy chatting and taking selfies in the galleys
You seem to have a very serious vendetta against BR. If u catch them taking selfies or providing bad service next time, get the purser over. Tell her you want to make a note of the terrible behavior of her crew. Then once on the ground, make a complaint with the ground staff. All those flight attendants will get nice messages in their company inbox saying they were caught NOT doing their job! Affects their pay!
Old Jan 16, 2017, 2:34 pm

You seem to have a very serious vendetta against BR. If u catch them taking selfies or providing bad service next time, get the purser over. Tell her you want to make a note of the terrible behavior of her crew. Then once on the ground, make a complaint with the ground staff. All those flight attendants will get nice messages in their company inbox saying they were caught NOT doing their job! Affects their pay!
I do! And I still fly them for convenience. My vendetta against UA is greater.

Pursers are great and well trained in the past. I'm sure you know complaining to the airline is just an flat waste of your time and nothing would be done. I've sent in emails before and got lovely generic templated responses. I could careless about emailing in for an compensation. I just want stable service since BR holds an take off time and arrives into Asia connections just perfect.

Thanks to UA for setting up meal standards at IAH, the competitors all have decided to bully IAH flights i.e. not serving lobster, etc.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 5:42 pm

Will be flying YYZ-TPE this coming Sunday, Jan 22 in Royal Laurel. These are shown on the pre order meals menu, not sure which ones to go for?

Last edited by rttytalk; Jan 16, 2017 at 5:52 pm
Old Jan 16, 2017, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by rttytalk
Will be flying YYZ-TPE this coming Sunday, Jan 22 in Royal Laurel. These are shown on the pre order meals menu, not sure which ones to go for?

Two lobster options for YYZ, catering must be cheap this month for them!
Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:55 pm

Two lobster options for YYZ, catering must be cheap this month for them!
Gotta love the CAD right now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.