Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air Royal Laurel Meals 2013 - 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2016, 10:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
jazzhou - did you end up trying any of the special meals? I have these same choices on an upcoming IAH-TPE flight and was also curious about the etoufee or the lobster.

Originally Posted by jazzhou
Flight No:BR0051 IAH-TPE Valid until:11/30/2015

Supper Meals
  • Fresh USDA Prime Beef Fillet with Crystal Pink Salt or Truffle Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Potato
  • Teriyaki Glazed Chilean Seabass Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice
  • Fried Udon Noodle with Chicken Soup and Traditional Delicatessens
  • YET TO BE DECIDED (EXCLUSIVE MEAL WILL BE EXCLUDED ON-BOARD)
*Crawfish Etoufee
*Smoked Beef Brisket with BBQ Sauce
*Wild Mushroom Baked with Lobster Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Fingerling Potato
*Meal service not required

The crawfish etoufee and the wild mushroom baked with lobster (why not the other way around - lobster baked with wild mushroom? just one giant large mushroom?) do look tempting. I was wondering if anyone has tried either and how they are. Worth giving one of them a shot?
Old Jan 4, 2016, 11:15 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Wow seabass and steak is such an big upgrade in comparison to noodles.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA Prem Plat, CX MPC Silver, CI Dynasty Gold; HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by getrandom
jazzhou - did you end up trying any of the special meals? I have these same choices on an upcoming IAH-TPE flight and was also curious about the etoufee or the lobster.
Hi, getrandom, I had the lobster. It was a little different from the description, i.e. no mushroom as originally stated, but it was very tasty (I wished the portion could have been larger) and perfect for a midnight "snack".

Last edited by jazzhou; May 26, 2016 at 2:45 am
Old Jan 4, 2016, 8:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
(Please just ignore my little travelling companions.)
The companions are SOOOO cute!! ^^^ Salt and pepper shakers? (if I may so politely ask?)
Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA Prem Plat, CX MPC Silver, CI Dynasty Gold; HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
The companions are SOOOO cute!! ^^^ Salt and pepper shakers? (if I may so politely ask?)
Aren't they? They're my travelling USBs. I have a bunch of different cartoon characters. On that particular flight, it was "Peanuts" night. (At my age, I get funny stares from FAs and seatmates... )
Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Aren't they? They're my travelling USBs. I have a bunch of different cartoon characters. On that particular flight, it was "Peanuts" night. (At my age, I get funny stares from FAs and seatmates... )
That is SO awesome!! Anything to help with a 10-15 hour flight!! But yeah, super kawaiiii!
Old Jan 6, 2016, 4:53 am

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Titanium+LTG
TPE-SFO January 2016

Supper
  • Teriyaki Halibut Fillet, Served with Mixed Vegetables and St eamed Rice
  • Pan Fried Chicken Breast Stuffed with Herb-Duxelles Mushroom and Port Wine Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Dauphinoise Potatoes
  • Din Tai Fung Noodle Spicy Shrimp and Pork Wonton with House Steamed Beef Soup
  • Rack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce serve with Red Skin Potatoes and Mixed Vegetables
  • Pan Fried Duck Breast with Dark Cherry Red Wine Sauce and Asparagus Rolled with Bacon,Roasted Potato
  • Sous Vide Cod Fillet with Shaved Fennel and Celery Citrus Salsa Served with Steamed Red Potatoes
  • Braised Beef Shank, Tendon and Tripe in Superior Soya Sauce with Noodles
  • Healthy Vegetarian Burger Served with Vegetables and French Fries

Refreshing Meal
  • Superior Snow Fungus, Lotus Seed Puree Soup with Diced Pork Served with Chicken and Glutinous Rice Wrapped in Lotus Leaf and Traditional Delicatessens
  • Danzih Noodle Soup Served with Traditional Delicatessens
  • Spaghetti with Assorted Mushroom and Mixed Vegetables

Any recommendations or disrecommendations?
I've had the DTF Spicy Shrimp and Pork Wontons a few times already, so I'm wondering about the others.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by PaclantFlyer
TPE-SFO January 2016

Supper
  • Rack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce serve with Red Skin Potatoes and Mixed Vegetables

I've had the DTF Spicy Shrimp and Pork Wontons a few times already, so I'm wondering about the others.
I had the same Rack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce serve(d) with Red Skin Potatoes and Mixed Vegetables, which was juicy and "pinkishly" tender, not overcooked nor too rare. It was on TPE-JFK.

Last edited by jazzhou; May 26, 2016 at 2:44 am
Old Jan 6, 2016, 8:37 am
Suspended

TPE-SFO January 2016

Supper
  • Pan Fried Chicken Breast Stuffed with Herb-Duxelles Mushroom and Port Wine Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Dauphinoise Potatoes
  • Pan Fried Duck Breast with Dark Cherry Red Wine Sauce and Asparagus Rolled with Bacon,Roasted Potato
  • Sous Vide Cod Fillet with Shaved Fennel and Celery Citrus Salsa Served with Steamed Red Potatoes

Refreshing Meal
  • Superior Snow Fungus, Lotus Seed Puree Soup with Diced Pork Served with Chicken and Glutinous Rice Wrapped in Lotus Leaf and Traditional Delicatessens

I've had the bolded (bolding is mine) on various flights. I would highly recommend them. I'm surprised there is no congee on your flight though for the refreshing meal.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 8:39 am

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Titanium+LTG
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
I've had the bolded (bolding is mine) on various flights. I would highly recommend them. I'm surprised there is no congee on your flight though for the refreshing meal.
Thanks! Do you happen to know if there was any cilantro involvement in the Danzih noodle soup?
Old Jan 6, 2016, 8:50 am
Suspended

Thanks! Do you happen to know if there was any cilantro involvement in the Danzih noodle soup?
No worries. I presume there is a spelling issue for that dish, as when that dish was offered to me, it was actually Danzai Noodle soup, a dish that originated from Tainan, in Taiwan. While I do not recall directly whether or not cilantro was in that dish on BR, I can say that cilantro is usually in that dish if prepared to local standards. Sorry, I am not 100% sure, but that's the best information that I can provide.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 3:43 am

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
TPE-SFO January 2016

Supper

Refreshing Meal

I had the duck breast the last time I flew TPE-LAX. It was very good.

Last edited by LAX/HKG; Jan 10, 2016 at 3:44 am Reason: Spelling
Old Jan 10, 2016, 8:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by LAX/HKG
I had the duck breast the last time I flew TPE-LAX. It was very good.
+1
Old Feb 2, 2016, 9:11 am

Feb 2016

CTS-TPE

Light Meal
- Sukiyaki Beef Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice
- Grilled Chicken with Mustard Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Parsley Mashed Potato
- Din Tai Fung Spicy Shrimp and Pork Wonton
YET TO BE DECIDED (EXCLUSIVE MEAL WILL BE EXCLUDED ON-BOARD)

Exclusive Grilled Miso Pork Served with Deep Fried Tofu and Steamed Rice
Exclusive Fried Chicken with Sweet Vinegar Sauce Served with Fried Rice
Exclusive Salmon Hamburg Steak with Tomato Sauce Served with Spaghetti
Exclusive Meal service not required

Strangely our TPE-SIN flight the following morning only has standard meal options:

Breakfast
- Taiwanese Plain Porridge serve with Cold Delicatessens, Wok Fried Eringi Mushroom with Spicy Salt, Scrambled Egg with Crab and Soya Bean
- Stewed Beef Shank with Noodle Soup, and Traditional Cold Delicatessens
- Asparagus with Onion Egg Tartlet Served with Canadian Ham

Any recommendations? The Wife and I always order 2 different meals so we can share. Neither of us have flown BR J before.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 1:58 pm

Programs: EVA Infinity Delta Skymiles
Feb 10 2016 Sea to TPE in J flight meal choices

*Steamed Sea Bass with Chinese Ham and Black Mushroom Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice
*Stir Fried Flat Rice Noodles with Sliced Chicken
*Grilled Prime Steak with Rosemary Brandy Sauce and Cafe de Paris Butter Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potato
*Seared Lamb Chops with Boursin Cream Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Baked Potato
*Roasted Duck Breast with Marsala Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Chateau Potato
*Braised Spareribs in Orange Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Stir Fried Noodles
*Stir Fried Scallop, Shrimp and Cuttlefish Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice
*Lobster Thermido Served with Mixed Vegetables and Fingerling Potato

Breakfast
*Plain Congee served with Traditional Delicatessens and Braised Mushroom with Bamboo Shoot and Pan Fried Egg with Crab Meat and Green Onion
*Kua Bao with Braised Pork with Traditional Delicatessens and Longan and Lotus Seed with Sweet Glutinous Rice Congee
*Poached Egg with Tomato Basil Sauce Served with Chicken Sausage

I choose the Roasted Duck and the Kua Bao and I will try to get photos of the meal presentation and also what I thought of the food quantity and quality. I was under the impression though that rice was not gluten so not sure how Rice Congee could be glutinous.

TG

Last edited by TravelGuy_2007; Feb 4, 2016 at 2:19 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.