Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air Royal Laurel Meals 2013 - 2021

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2016, 10:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy BS, Hertz & Avis Pres
LAX-TPE April

Supper (** indicates exclusive pre-order meal)
  • Grilled Chilean Seabass with Creamy Saffron Mussels Sauce, Served with Seasonal Vegetables, Mashed Potatoes
  • Braised Beef Short Ribs and Chicken Breast Pot Au Feu in Truffle Jus Served with Seasonal Vegetables, Yukon Gold Potatoes
  • Noodle Soup with Roasted Duck Served with Traditional Delicatessen
  • **Angus Prime Beef Fillet with Port Wine Sauce, Seasonal Vegetables, Creamy Mashed Potato
  • **Grilled Berkshire Pork Chop with Candied Kumquat Served with Seasonal Vegetables, Mashed Pumpkin
  • **Stir Fried Lobster with Ginger and Green Onion Sauce Served Seasonal Vegetables, Egg Fried Rice
  • **Duck A Lorange Served with Seasonal Vegetables, Parsnip Puree
  • **Veal Chop with Creamy Morel Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables, Mashed Potatoes

Breakfast
  • Taiwanese Style Congee Severed with Cold Delicatessens, Three Color Egg and Minced Pork with Spinach
  • Mixed Berries with Ricotta Crepe
  • Mushroom and Truffle Cheese Frittata Served with Applewood Smoked Bacon

I've read through this thread but would appreciate any thoughts. Cheers.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 10:53 am

BR198 (TPE -> NRT) Valid from May 1st until May 31st, 2016.

Light Meal:
- DaikonCreated by Chef Motokazu Nakamura-Broiled Sansho Flavoured Salmon Fillet,Lotus Root Stuffed With Mustard-Egg Yolk
- Din Tai Fung Juicy Pork Dumpling
- Pan Fried Chicken Breast Stuffed with Cheese in Sweet Garlic-Brown Sauce Served with Mashed Potato with Kalamata Olive

Exclusive meal:
* ExclusiveRack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce Serve with Red Skin Potatoes and Mixed Vegetables
* ExclusiveRoasted Pork Spare Rib with Pommery Mustard and Apricot Compote Served with Mixed Vegetables and Duchesse Potato
Old Apr 22, 2016, 1:17 am

Programs: hilton, hyatt, ihg, accor, best western, marriott, starwood
Talking Very warm down duvet but worst soup in the world

I was in Royal Laurel class once. Duvet is comfortable and warm. but soup...

Last edited by greenfrog2015; Dec 23, 2016 at 6:41 am
Old Apr 22, 2016, 1:18 am

Programs: hilton, hyatt, ihg, accor, best western, marriott, starwood
lounge food is good though

Last edited by greenfrog2015; Dec 23, 2016 at 6:42 am
Old Apr 22, 2016, 9:03 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by greenfrog2015
I was in Royal Laurel class once. Duvet is comfortable and warm. But steak tastes very bad. Soup tastes like what you get from supermarket but worse than that. I would suggest that Eva offers some decent Taiwanese food. Most passengers are Taiwanese. (more than 90%). I don't know why the menu is mostly western food. These days Taiwanese don't consider western food 'superior'. There is no point offer those food. I am happy with congee, scrambled eggs with green onion, duck egg. also some 'love taste' pickles.
What market is BR going after?
Old Apr 22, 2016, 9:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by greenfrog2015
I was in Royal Laurel class once. Duvet is comfortable and warm. But steak tastes very bad. Soup tastes like what you get from supermarket but worse than that. I would suggest that Eva offers some decent Taiwanese food. Most passengers are Taiwanese. (more than 90%). I don't know why the menu is mostly western food. These days Taiwanese don't consider western food 'superior'. There is no point offer those food. I am happy with congee, scrambled eggs with green onion, duck egg. also some 'love taste' pickles.
EVA has some of the best food of any global airline, in fact I've had fish dishes on EVA flights that were better than any restaurant I've been to on the ground. EVA is not going after the Taiwanese market, they are going after the western market and positioning EVA and TPE as a more convenient, and better priced Asia gateway option (with comparable cabin comfort and service) vs more established airlines connecting in HK or Japan....and so far, they've been succeeding (assuming their new leadership doesn't screw everything up).

Taiwanese food is best enjoyed in Taiwanese restaurants, not on flights where the majority of premium cabin customers are not Taiwanese, and taste buds are unable to enjoy the subtle flavors showcased in traditional Taiwanese cooking.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:14 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
2016 May BR870 & BR18: HKG-TPE & TPE-SFO

Mid-May 2016 menu

BR870 HKG-TPE (Mid-afternoon flight)
1. Braised Beef in Korean Style Served with Steamed Rice and Mixed Vegatables (韓式風味煨牛腩佐配白飯及鮮蔬集錦)
2. Pan Fried Chicken Breast Wrapped with Bacon Slices with Onion-Brown Sauce Served with Gratinated Red Skin Potato and Mixed Vegetables (洋蔥布朗醬嫩煎雞脯培根捲佐配焗紅皮洋芋及鮮蔬集錦)

BR18 TPE-SFO
First meal (dinner service)
1. Three Cup Chicken and Coconut Cream Chicken with Taro in Egg Crepe Parcel Served with Mixed Vegetables and Monascus Rice (三杯雞及芋奶雞蛋皮花扎佐鮮蔬集錦及紅麴飯)
2. Pan Fried Cod Fillet with Dill Cream Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Penne Pasta (嫩煎鱈魚佐蒔蘿奶油醬佐鮮蔬集錦及義大利斜管麵)
3. Grilled USDA Prime Beef Fillet with Crystal Salt or Balsamic Brown Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Duchesse Potatoes with Turmeric and Beet Root (炙烤頂級美國Prime牛排佐玫瑰岩鹽或義式芳香醋布朗醬佐鮮蔬集錦及雙色尊爵洋芋)
4. **Rack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce Serve with Red Skin Potatoes and Mixed Vegetables (檸香烘羊排佐迷迭香草醬,洋芋及鮮蔬集錦)
5. **Pan Fried Duck Breast with Dark Cherry Red Wine Sauce and Asparagus Rolled with Bacon,Roasted Potato (嫩煎香草鴨胸佐黑櫻桃醇酒醬,蘆筍培根捲及洋芋)
6. **Roasted Pork With Honey Mustard Served with Caramelized Brown Sugar Lime Sauce,Mixed Vegetables and Roasted Red Skin Potatos (炙烤蜜芥錦豚肉佐焦糖檸香醬,鮮蔬集錦,紅皮洋芋)
7. **Sauteed Seafood with Gremolata Sauce Served with Truffle And Mushroom Risotto and Mixed Vegetables (格瑞莫拉塔海鮮佐松露珍菇義式燉飯及鮮蔬集錦)
8. **Healthy Vegetarian Burger Served with Vegetables and French Fries (健康蔬食漢堡佐生菜及薯條)

Second meal (breakfast service but late afternoon arrival at SFO
1. Pumpkin Risotto with Pan Fried Pancetta (南瓜義式燉飯佐潘切達火腿)
2. Noodle Soup with Chicken and Shiitake Mushroom Served with Traditional Delicatessens (北菇雞湯麵佐配傳統風味小菜)
3. Superior Chicken Millet Puree with Sea Cucumber Served with Traditional Delicatessens (黃燜海參雞茸小米粥佐配傳統風味小點)

Last edited by royng; May 11, 2016 at 11:31 am
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
TPE - SFO.

Three cup chicken is to DIE for. The Duck Breast is getting old for me now.
Old May 11, 2016, 11:32 am

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
2016 May BR31: JFK-TPE & 2016 June BR891: TPE-HKG

Late May menu for BR31 and Early June menu for BR891

BR31 JFK-TPE
First Meal (supper service)
1. Noodle Soup with Braised Pork Ribs Served with Traditional Delicatessen (豬肋排湯麵佐傳統風味小菜)
2. Grilled USDA Prime Beef Fillet with Crystal Pink Salt or Green Peppercorn Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Duchess Potatoes (炙烤PRIME牛排佐玫瑰岩鹽或綠胡椒醬,鮮蔬集錦及尊爵洋芋)
3. Snow Crab Meat and Scallop with XO Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Glutinous Rice in Lotus Leaf (XO醬雪蟹干貝佐鮮蔬集錦及荷葉糯米飯)
4. **Wok Fried Lobster with Ginger and Green Onion Sauce Served with Mixed vegetable and Steamed Rice(蔥薑龍蝦佐配鮮蔬集錦及白飯)
5. **Steamed Chilean Seabass with Ginger and Green Onion Sauce Served with Mixed vegetable and Steamed Rice (蔥薑海鱸魚佐配鮮蔬集錦及蛋炒飯)
6. **Roasted Lamb Chop with Balsamic Caper Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetable and Potato (炙烤羊排佐巴薩米克陳醋醬佐配鮮蔬集錦及洋芋)
7. **Pan Fried Beef Striploin with Chinese Black Pepper Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetable and Steamed Rice (黑胡椒牛柳佐配鮮蔬集錦及白飯)
8. **Seared Chicken Breast with Chive Demi Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Potatoes (嫩煎雞胸佐百里香醬佐鮮蔬集錦及洋芋)

Second Meal (breakfast service)
1. Plain Congee Served with Traditional Delicatessens and Pan Fried Egg with Pine Nut and Scallion, Stir Fried Snap Peas, Ginkgo and White Mushroom with Chicken Julienne (清粥佐傳統風味小菜及松子青蔥煎蛋,清炒鮮蔬雞肉)
2. Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Frittata with Beef Sausage (焦糖洋蔥蘑菇烘蛋佐牛肉腸)
3. Egg Pancake with Minced Pork with Curry Sauce, Served with Traditional Delicatessen and Gluten Rice Sweet Congee with Longan and Lotus Seed (咖哩豬肉末蛋餅佐傳統風味小菜及桂圓蓮子糯米粥)

BR891 TPE-HKG (breakfast service)
1. Steamed Cod Fillet with Cardinal Capsicums Sauce Served with Pesto Orecchiette Pasta and Mixed Vegetables (清蒸鱈魚排佐彩椒龍蝦醬佐配青醬朵麵及鮮蔬集錦)
2. Wok Fried Tender Pork Slices and Shrimp in Silken Tofu Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice (鮮蝦肉片玉板佐配鮮蔬集錦及白飯)
Old May 16, 2016, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
TPE - SFO.

Three cup chicken is to DIE for.
Thanks for your suggestion SAP. My mom said she couldn't decide on ground. So, sorry, not many exclusive meal choices for her. She can take my exclusive meal, or the standard ones on plane.

(It's a surprise business class flight for her. I couldn't push her to make a decision in front of my dad . He's not flying this time. )
Old May 16, 2016, 11:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by royng
Thanks for your suggestion SAP. My mom said she couldn't decide on ground. So, sorry, not many exclusive meal choices for her. She can take my exclusive meal, or the standard ones on plane.

(It's a surprise business class flight for her. I couldn't push her to make a decision in front of my dad . He's not flying this time. )
^
Old May 21, 2016, 11:56 pm

Very brief review on BR870 and BR18 catering

Mid-May 2016 menu

BR870 HKG-TPE (Mid-afternoon flight)
1. Braised Beef in Korean Style Served with Steamed Rice and Mixed Vegatables (韓式風味煨牛腩佐配白飯及鮮蔬集錦)
Name:  BR870_1.sized.jpg
Views: 3642
Size:  40.8 KB

2. Pan Fried Chicken Breast Wrapped with Bacon Slices with Onion-Brown Sauce Served with Gratinated Red Skin Potato and Mixed Vegetables (洋蔥布朗醬嫩煎雞脯培根捲佐配焗紅皮洋芋及鮮蔬集錦)
Name:  BR870_2.sized.jpg
Views: 3149
Size:  38.7 KB

Comments:
Both were nicely done. Service was a bit slow but I really appreciated hot meal service on this short flight.

BR18 TPE-SFO
First meal (dinner service)
To begin
Name:  BR18_1.sized.jpg
Views: 2902
Size:  30.5 KB
Name:  BR18_2.sized.jpg
Views: 3319
Size:  37.7 KB
Name:  BR18_3.sized.jpg
Views: 2854
Size:  27.8 KB

3. Grilled USDA Prime Beef Fillet with Crystal Salt or Balsamic Brown Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Duchesse Potatoes with Turmeric and Beet Root (炙烤頂級美國Prime牛排佐玫瑰岩鹽或義式芳香醋布朗醬佐鮮蔬集錦及雙色尊爵洋芋)
Name:  BR18_4.sized.jpg
Views: 3022
Size:  35.3 KB

4. **Rack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce Serve with Red Skin Potatoes and Mixed Vegetables (檸香烘羊排佐迷迭香草醬,洋芋及鮮蔬集錦)
Name:  BR18_5.sized.jpg
Views: 3439
Size:  39.4 KB

Dessert was plated from cart:
Name:  BR18_6.sized.jpg
Views: 3032
Size:  49.0 KB

Comments:
Steak was tender and tasty while lamb was better than ok but not outstanding. Service was too slow in my opinion.

Second meal (breakfast service but late afternoon arrival at SFO
1. Pumpkin Risotto with Pan Fried Pancetta (南瓜義式燉飯佐潘切達火腿)
Name:  BR18_7.sized.jpg
Views: 2925
Size:  38.4 KB
Name:  BR18_8.sized.jpg
Views: 3328
Size:  39.8 KB
Name:  BR18_9.sized.jpg
Views: 2860
Size:  33.2 KB
Comments:
Very nice and tasty. But portion could be larger.

Separately, my mom (Chinese in her 60s) did not like the Chinese breakfast "Superior Chicken Millet Puree with Sea Cucumber Served with Traditional Delicatessens (黃燜海參雞茸小米粥佐配傳統風味小點)". She made a point to pre-order Western style second meal.
Old May 22, 2016, 12:15 am
Suspended

Oh god. I need to fly BR again.

Friday this week?
Old May 24, 2016, 12:56 pm

BR36 TPE -> YYZ until June 30, 2016.

Choose your meal:
Dinner
1. Three Cup Chicken and Coconut Cream Chicken with Taro in Egg Crepe Parcel Served with Mixed Vegetables and Monascus Rice
2. Pan Fried Cod Fillet with Dill Cream Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Penne Pasta
3. Grilled USDA Prime Beef Fillet with Crystal Salt or Balsamic Brown Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Duchesse Potatoes with Turmeric and Beet Root

**ExclusiveRack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce Serve with Red Skin Potatoes and Mixed Vegetables
**ExclusivePan Fried Duck Breast with Dark Cherry Red Wine Sauce and Asparagus Rolled with Bacon,Roasted Potato
**ExclusiveRoasted Pork With Honey Mustard Served with Caramelized Brown Sugar Lime Sauce,Mixed Vegetables and Roasted Red Skin Potatos
**ExclusiveSauteed Seafood with Gremolata Sauce Served with Truffle And Mushroom Risotto and Mixed Vegetables
**ExclusiveHealthy Vegetarian Burger Served with Vegetables and French Fries

Refreshing Meal

1. Pumpkin Risotto with Pan Fried Pancetta
2. Noodle Soup with Chicken and Shiitake Mushroom Served with Traditional Delicatessens
3. Superior Chicken Millet Puree with Sea Cucumber Served with Traditional Delicatessens

Is the 3Cup chicken still highly recommended?
Old May 24, 2016, 2:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by petah
BR36 TPE -> YYZ until June 30, 2016.

Choose your meal:
Dinner
1. Three Cup Chicken and Coconut Cream Chicken with Taro in Egg Crepe Parcel Served with Mixed Vegetables and Monascus Rice
2. Pan Fried Cod Fillet with Dill Cream Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Penne Pasta
3. Grilled USDA Prime Beef Fillet with Crystal Salt or Balsamic Brown Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Duchesse Potatoes with Turmeric and Beet Root

**ExclusiveRack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce Serve with Red Skin Potatoes and Mixed Vegetables
**ExclusivePan Fried Duck Breast with Dark Cherry Red Wine Sauce and Asparagus Rolled with Bacon,Roasted Potato
**ExclusiveRoasted Pork With Honey Mustard Served with Caramelized Brown Sugar Lime Sauce,Mixed Vegetables and Roasted Red Skin Potatos
**ExclusiveSauteed Seafood with Gremolata Sauce Served with Truffle And Mushroom Risotto and Mixed Vegetables
**ExclusiveHealthy Vegetarian Burger Served with Vegetables and French Fries

Refreshing Meal

1. Pumpkin Risotto with Pan Fried Pancetta
2. Noodle Soup with Chicken and Shiitake Mushroom Served with Traditional Delicatessens
3. Superior Chicken Millet Puree with Sea Cucumber Served with Traditional Delicatessens

Is the 3Cup chicken still highly recommended?
Yes. As for the refreshing meal, I'd get the noodle soup, but that's just me.

Thanks for posting the menu. Am planning to do YYZ TPE with an immediate turn the next week or two. I need to fly. Do you have the menu for BR35 by any chance?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.