Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air Royal Laurel Meals 2013 - 2021

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2016, 10:22 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by mjcewl1284
I will be on BR56 on Royal Laurel prior to CNY holiday. Call it, a late birthday gift.
This will be my first time doing a long haul on Royal Laurel, previous time being a PEK-TPE hop I did about 3 years ago.

Questions:
1. I see the menu already but will BR offer Californian wines on this flight? Or is it the usual French Bordeaux options with another 2 options from a non France country?

2. What is the whiskey being offered by BR now? I remember it was Johnnie Walker Black Label when I took it last time and the Kavalan whiskey. Has this changed?

3. Is the champagne still Cliquot?
Champagne is still Cliquot. Whiskey has Kavalan and some other brands.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 11:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Departing Taipei on BR52 end of this month the menu is worse than before.

As usual, no lobster

Which option you guys suggest?

Either on board Cod Fish or Sauteed seafood.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 9:48 am
Suspended

Programs: AE
Stif Fried Lobster or Lobster Thermidor ? That is the question
Old Dec 22, 2016, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Departing Taipei on BR52 end of this month the menu is worse than before.

As usual, no lobster

Which option you guys suggest?

Either on board Cod Fish or Sauteed seafood.
IAH getting scammed of lobster? All other destinations have a lobster dish of some kind!
Old Dec 22, 2016, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by hayzel7773
IAH getting scammed of lobster? All other destinations have a lobster dish of some kind!
Yeah pure horseS*
Watch them forget my food this time.

Any suggestions much appreciated.
Superior noodle soup w/ sea cucumber was like Fairwood Noodles w/ 2 pcs of Sea Cucumber I can get at the super market for an few dimes.

Old Dec 22, 2016, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Yeah pure horseS*
Watch them forget my food this time.

Any suggestions much appreciated.
Superior noodle soup w/ sea cucumber was like Fairwood Noodles w/ 2 pcs of Sea Cucumber I can get at the super market for an few dimes.

The rack of lamb is pretty good. The shrimp wontons are pretty good too. Although for most Asians, they are a bit overseasoned. Don't get the steak with Duchesse Potatoes, they are just potatoes that are mixed with food coloring, absolutely disgusting! For breakfast, they all seem ok. I prefer the porridge, but only because i have a weak stomach in the morning.

What is even more surprising is that this menu was TPE-SFOs menu LAST month. I think it has to partly do with the fact IAH is getting only 68% LF, compared to the high 70s and 80s the rest of their routes are getting.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 7:09 pm

Wait so if LF is high wouldn't they reduce food quality
LF is low so they should increase food quality to beat NH and CA.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 3:13 pm

Programs: CM PP DL GM
Out Of TPE to LAX

What menu item from the pre order is the best out TPE and what champagne are they serving on C now a days in BR
Old Dec 23, 2016, 7:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MARIOCASTRO777
What menu item from the pre order is the best out TPE and what champagne are they serving on C now a days in BR
Veuve Cliquot in RL
Champagne de Castelnau blanc de blanc Millesime 2007 in PL
Old Dec 24, 2016, 6:14 am

January ORD-TPE (BR55) looks almost completely different than previous menus:

Dinner:
  • Lamb of Rack[sic] with Rosemary Jus Served with Mixed Vegetables and Polenta
  • Lobster with Cashew Nuts and Braised Pork Served with Steamed Rice and Mixed Vegetables
  • Braised Beef Noodle Soup Served with Traditional Delicatessens
  • (Online Exclusive) Grilled Chicken Stuffed with Ricotta and Prosciutto Served with Rosmary-Mashed Potato and Mixed Vegetables
  • (Online Exclusive)Prime Beef Filet with Coriander Olive Oil Served with Wasabi Puree and Vegetables
  • (Online Exclusive)Gratinated Lobster with young vegetables

Breakfast:
  • Plain Congee Served with Traditional Delicatessens,Egg Pancake with Shrimp,Braised Tofu with Mushroom
  • Mixed Vegetable Omelette Served with Grilled Bacon
  • Crepe with Sweet Curd and Cherry Coulis

Anything on here look familiar or any thoughts? Probably doing the congee for breakfast (every omelette I've had in the air tastes like a reheated frozen omelette and can't do sweet that early) but torn between the lamb, filet, and gratinated lobster.

Last edited by lowfareair; Dec 24, 2016 at 6:57 am
Old Dec 24, 2016, 8:49 pm
Suspended

Rack of lamb is the same old as usual.

The beef noodle soup is to die for. Try that.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by Uncanadiancanadian
Veuve Cliquot in RL
Champagne de Castelnau blanc de blanc Millesime 2007 in PL
Champagne de Castelnau blanc de blanc Millesime 2007 is also the champagne offered on most intra-asia flights.

Exception are SIN/PEK/CGK/a few others get Veuve Cliquot.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 5:31 am

Programs: LX M&M
Originally Posted by hayzel7773
Champagne de Castelnau blanc de blanc Millesime 2007 is also the champagne offered on most intra-asia flights.
Exception are SIN/PEK/CGK/a few others get Veuve Cliquot.
PEK does indeed get la grande dame, just arrived in beijing and had a terrific flight with them, almost an empty cabin and had the best service ever, better than LH or LX first class i am really blown away and this is business class besides the servive the have an extremly high quality meal and drink list, slippers and spirits of high quality.

Do you know if my upcoming flight to PVG has the same amenities as to PEK?

regards,
lx343
Old Dec 25, 2016, 7:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Perhaps we're seeing the first symptoms of cost-cutting fall out from the management change after that ridiculous family feud nonsense. Taiwanese businesses have a rather unsettling tradition of reaching the epitome of success, then throwing it all away in a fury of stupidity, HTC being the gold-standard example. Let's hope EVA maintains the high standards established by the previous CEO that propelled it to international success.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Perhaps we're seeing the first symptoms of cost-cutting fall out from the management change after that ridiculous family feud nonsense. Taiwanese businesses have a rather unsettling tradition of reaching the epitome of success, then throwing it all away in a fury of stupidity, HTC being the gold-standard example. Let's hope EVA maintains the high standards established by the previous CEO that propelled it to international success.
Who said there was a drop in service? Only bad thing I have noticed was the lack of lobster on an IAH flight. The "new leadership" is not new at all, the chairman was chairman of EVA Air before the previous chairman and the president was president of UNI Air, the subsidiary of EVA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.