Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air Royal Laurel Meals 2013 - 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2018, 1:25 pm

The burger snack on TPE-SEA two months ago was surprisingly juicy for my tastebud.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 7:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by ewok22
We pay around $65 CAD per lb. for lobster in Canada so for us it is a real treat that we don't have every day so I thought I would ask a very simple question as I believe that is what this forum is all about, No?
We have the BEST beef in the world here in Alberta and it is very reasonably priced so steak is not extra special.
I think I will enjoy my lobster
Sorry for poor lighting, but this lobster dish was one of the best I have ever eaten. Although off topic, Alberta beef is terrible. Try Japanese Wagyu beef.

Old Jan 24, 2018, 10:09 am

Programs: WS Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, AC 100K, INtercontinetal Ambassador, Avis Prefered Plus
Hey Long Time,

Thanks for the pic and review and yes it does look delicious, glad u enjoyed and hopefully mine is as good. Looks like u chose a nice white wine to pair with it?

Alas I have to support the Alberta Beef industry and I defend it as pretty good beef but ur so right Wagyu is in a class of it's own.

Last edited by ewok22; Jan 24, 2018 at 10:30 am
Old Jan 24, 2018, 6:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ewok22
Hey Long Time,

Thanks for the pic and review and yes it does look delicious, glad u enjoyed and hopefully mine is as good. Looks like u chose a nice white wine to pair with it?

Alas I have to support the Alberta Beef industry and I defend it as pretty good beef but ur so right Wagyu is in a class of it's own.
I was just poking fun at Alberta beef of course. We have to support our own exports.

I actually don't drink alcohol. The glass you see there is a glass of champagne I stole from my wife for the photo. (I'm not allergic to it, but I just don't like the taste and effects of alcohol). I'm glad you noticed it though.

The lobster was absolutely delicious. The best fish dish I've ever had on an airplane.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 4:59 pm

Programs: Thai
They offer several different Lobster dishes.. Do you recall which one this was?
Old Jan 29, 2018, 7:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cameron38
They offer several different Lobster dishes.. Do you recall which one this was?
I seem to recall it was the stir fried lobster with xo sauce however this was not really a stir fry nor was it really xo sauce. I've had the stir fry lobster dish before so perhaps my poor memory as a senior is hindering my recollection. Sorry
Old Jan 30, 2018, 11:17 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by refox3488
Thanks for your reply, I have had Congee and it's not my favorite. Maybe Eva's is better than the one I had in economy on ANA, but I generally find porridge, oatmeal and congee to all be too bland, even with the add-ins.
Refox, did you end up getting the gratinated lobster? If so, how was it? I am flying on BR55 out of ORD next week.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 7:43 pm

My choices for BR31 in 3 weeks. I'm inclined to go with the braised beef short rib. Thoughts?
On board:
  • Crusted Seabass with Corn Chowder Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatoes
  • Noodle Soup with Braised Pork Rib Served with Traditional Delicatessens
  • Florentine Chicken with Pizzaiola Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Pearl Barley
Not on board:
  • *Wok Fried Lobster with Ginger and Green Onion Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Stir Fried Noodles
  • *Stir Fried Seabass, Shrimp and Scallop in Braising Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Multigrain Rice
  • *Roasted Lamb Rack with Demi Glace Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Roasted Potatoes
  • *Braised Beef Short Rib with Red Wine Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatoes with Rutabaga and Chive
Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:09 pm

Programs: Thai
I had the Beef Rib with wine sauce before, quite yummy....
Old Feb 1, 2018, 4:36 am

Anyone know how the Wok Fried Lobster is? The soon-to-be wife wants to know...
Old Feb 1, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
Originally Posted by zhoopbeepboop
My choices for BR31 in 3 weeks. I'm inclined to go with the braised beef short rib. Thoughts?
On board:
  • Crusted Seabass with Corn Chowder Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatoes
  • Florentine Chicken with Pizzaiola Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Pearl Barley
Not on board:
  • *Wok Fried Lobster with Ginger and Green Onion Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Stir Fried Noodles
  • *Stir Fried Seabass, Shrimp and Scallop in Braising Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Multigrain Rice
  • *Roasted Lamb Rack with Demi Glace Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Roasted Potatoes
  • *Braised Beef Short Rib with Red Wine Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatoes with Rutabaga and Chive
I would go with the lobster or the seabass if you like seafood. If not the lamb rack.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 7:40 pm
Suspended

On board:
Not on board:

Lobster/
Old Feb 2, 2018, 10:00 am

Anyone know how the Wok Fried Lobster is? The soon-to-be wife wants to know...
Typically lobster chopped up into 8-10 pieces stir fried with ginger and onion, has a bit of "sauce"/gravy, but not much
Old Feb 4, 2018, 12:02 pm
A4K

Programs: N/A
Any suggestions for BR 32 next week? Nothing really seems to stand out to me.

Was on BR 87 last month and they had a Din Tai Fung noodle soup as a dinner main which was really good, was hoping for that to be on offer again.

Dinner

Pan Fried Duck Breast with Dijon Grainy Mustard Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Fettucine

Grilled USDA Prime Beef Fillet with Crystal Pink Salt or Balsamic Vinegar Brown Sauce with Capers Served with Mixed Vegetables and Dauphinoise Potatoes

Golden Fried Prawn Coated with Almond Flakes with Shiso Prune Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice

Grilled Prime Beef Fillet Steak with Herb Maderia Sauce Served with Mixed Vegatables and Duchesse Potatos

Rack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Red Skin Potatoes

Pan Fried Duck Breast Served with Grand Marnier Sauce with Orange Zest and Mixed Vegetables,Gratinated Red Skin Potatos

Sauteed Seafood with Cardinal Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Creamy Linguine Noodles

Wok Fried Grouper Fish Fillet with Superior Crab Roe Sauce,Served with Mixed Vegetables and Noodles

Roasted Pork Spareribs with Honey Pommery Mustard Sauce,Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatos

Braised Pork Tendon and Bailing King Oyster Mushroom in Superior Soy Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Monacolink Rice

Assorted Mushroom with Red Date and Ginkonut in Lotus Leaf Parcel Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice with Pearl Barley

Sauteed Seafood with Gremolata Sauce Served with Truffle and Mushroom Risotto and Mixed Vegetables

Healthy Vegetarian Burger Served with Vegetables and French Fries
Old Feb 4, 2018, 6:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by A4K
Any suggestions for BR 32 next week? Nothing really seems to stand out to me.

Was on BR 87 last month and they had a Din Tai Fung noodle soup as a dinner main which was really good, was hoping for that to be on offer again.

Dinner

Pan Fried Duck Breast with Dijon Grainy Mustard Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Fettucine

Grilled USDA Prime Beef Fillet with Crystal Pink Salt or Balsamic Vinegar Brown Sauce with Capers Served with Mixed Vegetables and Dauphinoise Potatoes

Golden Fried Prawn Coated with Almond Flakes with Shiso Prune Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice

Grilled Prime Beef Fillet Steak with Herb Maderia Sauce Served with Mixed Vegatables and Duchesse Potatos

Rack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Red Skin Potatoes

Pan Fried Duck Breast Served with Grand Marnier Sauce with Orange Zest and Mixed Vegetables,Gratinated Red Skin Potatos

Sauteed Seafood with Cardinal Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Creamy Linguine Noodles

Wok Fried Grouper Fish Fillet with Superior Crab Roe Sauce,Served with Mixed Vegetables and Noodles

Roasted Pork Spareribs with Honey Pommery Mustard Sauce,Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatos

Braised Pork Tendon and Bailing King Oyster Mushroom in Superior Soy Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Monacolink Rice

Assorted Mushroom with Red Date and Ginkonut in Lotus Leaf Parcel Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice with Pearl Barley

Sauteed Seafood with Gremolata Sauce Served with Truffle and Mushroom Risotto and Mixed Vegetables

Healthy Vegetarian Burger Served with Vegetables and French Fries
If you have a fondness for Chinese food, I cannot speak highly enough about: Braised Pork Tendon and Bailing King Oyster Mushroom in Superior Soy Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Monacolink Rice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.